Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:45 pm

You must be an I-DIOT to even ask!  Laugh out loud

Bush is a joke of a President.
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

RE: Is George W. Bush A Good President?

Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:48 pm

BTW, I am a good fortune teller too!  Laugh out loud

I bet N400QX will twist up a script from the constitution to claim that Bush is good!  Laugh out loud

Just sit back and watch! Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

N400QX

Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:51 pm

He is a good president (just look at how the Europeans were pleasantly surprised with him recently), but he is drifting way too far to the left and his tax cut was miniscule. We need someone who will make some real change and get our Federal government in the right direction again- down.

sushka

He is great I really like him. At least we dont have Clinton any more  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

N400QX

And I'd like to add to my last post that I will probably not vote for President Bush in 2004.

Superfly

Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:55 pm

N400QX:
Will you vote for Hillary, Gore, Davis or who ever the Democratic nominee is in 2004?

Sushka:
I'd much rather have Clinton as our leader.
In fact I'd rather have Fidel Casto as our leader than Bush/Dick/Colon & company.  Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

JetService

Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:57 pm

Bush is doing a fine job. A terrific president.
"Shaddap you!"

Ralgha

Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:59 pm

Bush is an idiot. 'nuff said.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

AerLingus

Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:00 pm

Well, I will say this right now: GWB has a reasonable amount of restraint, not kicking the asses that mooned him in Europe.  Laugh out loud
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

N400QX

Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:00 pm

>Will you vote for Hillary, Gore, Davis or who ever the Democratic nominee is in 2004?

No. I will probably vote for whoever runs in my party. I suspect that Howard Phillips will run on the Constitution Party ticket in 2004.

Superfly

N400QX

Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:08 pm

What a relief!  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

SSTjumbo

Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:11 pm

Superfly, don't disrespect Powell! The rest of the company I don't care for. I am fully against strateagerism.
I don't know, so this is my signature.

Alpha 1

Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:12 pm

No one can say with any degree of certainty that Bush has done a "good" or "bad" job. He's only been in office for 5 months. That's not enough time to judge him with any certainty.

A few observations: As a "CEO", if you will, I think Clinton is a far better manager of the Presidency than Mr. Bush. He put seemed more engaged in the job that Mr. Bush. I think he understood most of the issues in much more detail then Mr. Bush.

If you talk about personal traits, then Mr. Bush does win hands down. That is very important, but it's not the be-all to the presidency, as many Republicans wanted you to believe during the election. And there certainly was no mandate for the Republicans, with a divided election across the board.

I don't think you can really judge a president at all until after at least 2 years of his first term. And most historians, be they liberal or conservative, will tell you it can take up to 30 years to judge the impact of one's presidency, and if it was a good or bad one.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Bush. I think he was a wolf in sheep's skin, passing himself off as this fuzzy "comassionate conservative', when in fact he's as coldly conservative as guys like Tom Delay and Jesse Helms. Yet I'm not ready to say he's either a bad or good leader. He needs more time to put his stamp on the office.

JetService

Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:23 pm

I heard the Constitution Party was going to be included in the Florida recounts, but they lost the shoebox Big grin
"Shaddap you!"

planeboy

He Hasn't Puked In Public Yet...

Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:35 pm

Does anyone remember what his dad did in China - or wherever ?

Superfly

Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:51 pm

JetService, that was hilarious!  Laugh out loud
N400QX is in Washington which is a Democratic state anyway so he can write himself in for all I care.

Alpha1 you do raise a good point. If there was a mandate of any kind it would be in favor of the Democrats.
Al Gore won the popular vote and the Democrats picked up 5 Senate seats which wasn't brought here in the forums. Also the Democrats picked up more seat in the House. Also the Democrats gained a Governors seat. Bush's little brother had to rig the election for Bush to win.
Bring back the Concorde

Alpha 1

Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:03 pm

Superfly, I don't think EITHER party got a mandate. I think the country like a divided government, simply because, in a wierd way, it makes them work harder to get something done, instead of just playing every-day politics.

And yes, Gore won the popular vote, but did in fact lose the election because of the incredible race in Floirda. He may become the first candidate to run two elections in a row since, who? Adalai Stevenson? (major party candidate, that is).

hkgspotter1

Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:14 pm

I D I O T, thats all I can say.

WillL

Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:51 pm

he's a fool. He pulled out of the Kyoto agreement when his country is the largest producer of greenhouse gasses. Where's Oswald when you need him??

Twotterwrench

Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:07 pm

The fact that he pulled out of the bull shit kyoto "agreemet" (read "train wreck") will win him lifetime support from me! 4 more in 2004!!!

An-225

Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:17 pm

Here's a description of George Dubya.

Republican
Executions
Dumb
Not a smart kind of person
Eloquent NOT!!!
Can't spell
Kyoto rejector.

REDNECK!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

L-188

Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:19 pm

He seems to be doing a good job.

Again I point out that it is really really funny that all of those European countries are bitchin that he pulled out of Kyoto. The only one that has a right to bitch about that is Romania....that is because the are the only ones to actually sign it.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

sushka

Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:55 pm

I dont like the part about pulling out of KYOTO but I still like him alot!
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

GunFighter 6

Thu Jun 28, 2001 10:33 pm

Its my opinion that americans are a poor judge of character.

Bush is an arrogant man that only cares about power.
i cant really understeand why he was chosen.
perhaps because their was no better choice, cause gore was equally bad.

Bush unfortunately is not the only man who is chosen by dumb people.
take the mayor of Providence for example. that man is a criminal and everybody knows this, but still they vote for him. thats weird you know.

JetService

Thu Jun 28, 2001 11:12 pm

I keep hearing you Euro-folks whine about Bush and Kyoto, but I don't hear one thing about your own countries ratifying it. For the sake of anyone who isn't aware, would someone please list the European countries that have ratified Kyoto? That's what I thought!
"Shaddap you!"

Alpha 1

JetService

Thu Jun 28, 2001 11:15 pm

JetService: Rumania.

The rest apparently are for it, butwill only sign it if the U.S. signs this flawed treaty.

tupolev154b2

Thu Jun 28, 2001 11:55 pm

The reason why Bush rejected it was because it was ineffective since no countries had signed it. As for rejecting new arsenic standards, who knows...

Pilot1113

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:38 am

How come we don't hear you folks complaining that Australia threw out the Kyoto treaty?

That was a joke of a treaty. Even the Democrats threw it out. I think in the Senate only 2 people voted for it. That would mean that 48 Senators voted against it. If you think it would have had a snowball's chance of getting passed I've got beach front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you.

Bush is doing a fine job and I like what he's doing so far. I also think that the majority of Americans agree with me on that.

- Neil Harrison

N400QX

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:40 am

>N400QX is in Washington which is a Democratic state anyway so he can write himself in for all I care

Yes, you're right... It was 55%-40% in favor of Gore here if I remember correctly. So, yes, I could just write myself in.

The only reason I would vote for Bush in 2004 would be if the polls in Washington State are close enough to matter, which I doubt, but it could happen. With the wacko leftists in this state and not a sufficient amount of conservatives to balance the scales, we're at a disadvantage. Hopefully the Green Party candidate will get 10% or more of the vote!!!  Big grin

>Bush's little brother had to rig the election for Bush to win.

Any more unsubstantiated lies to spread on the forum, Superfly?

>He pulled out of the Kyoto agreement when his country is the largest producer of greenhouse gasses

He 'pulled out' of the Kyoto treaty because it is bad for the United States. By the way, I haven't seen ANY other nations sign it with the exception of one. So you know where you can shove that...

>Bush is an arrogant man that only cares about power

Superfly- I guess someone else is posting the unsubstantiated lies for you this time. GunFighter6-- where is your proof? Oh- the New York Times editorial page?

>. As for rejecting new arsenic standards, who knows...

You know what-- the OLD standards were GOOD ENOUGH FOR CLINTON for eight years. Clinton only wrote the executive order to put new standards into place just before he left the presidency. So if you're going to whine about Bush repealing them, you need to whine about Clinton not doing anything about them for eight years.

And people say that Americans are ignorant! No wonder why- many of us get our news from the New York Times or Washington Post!

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:50 am

He is doing a good job except for the environment.

tupolev154b2

Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:03 am

Ignorant conservatives don't even realize that arsenic can kill them. WHO CARES WHO WROTE THEM AND WHEN!!! It is never too late to put in new standards but I do find it awkward that folks like N400QX would turn this into such a political issue by throwing in "oh, look at what Clinton did..." Quit putting your heads in the sand as you always do.

And to answer the question, yes I think he is doing a pretty nice job with the exception of environmental issues.

GDB

Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:57 am

This treaty stuff is a smokescreen, most EU nations will reach targets for C02 emissions, the UK certainly will, easily. The US, with 4% of the world's population but 20% of carbon emissions won't. But the points previously raised about the potential of China and India to be a problem are well observed. But KYOTO was a start, not the end.
As for Bush, I can imagine many of his more feverent supporters becoming increasingly disappointed, as more of his often wacky and ignorant campaign retoric gives way to the pragmatic needs of actually being the President. The real world is so much more complex.
That's politics folks.
Over here, so far we have not had face to face TV debates between party leaders during an election. However, I was shocked at the lack of real scrutiny both US candidates were exposed to last year.
In the recent UK election, Blair had some very direct encounters with the voters, as did the others. They also got roastings from agressive TV interviewers, the Conservative leader got a real thrashing as his contradictions in policy were exposed.
That's not to say one system is better than the other, just different cultures.

JetService

Fri Jun 29, 2001 5:21 am

Tupolev, that is why the left gets away with scare tactics, because of simpletons like you. Arsenic kills! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Read the bill and see what the standard levels were, see what they are, and see the scientic difference in the levels (negligable), then compare that to the cost of the change in standards (enormous). Do your homework if you want to have an educated opinion!!! Arsenic kills!!!!! WAAAAAAAAA!!!! RUN! HIDE!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

"Shaddap you!"

tupolev154b2

Fri Jun 29, 2001 5:24 am

Don't call me a left-wing. I am a moderate who despises tree-huggers as much as the ultra-right.

USAirways737

Fri Jun 29, 2001 5:33 am

As long as he doesn't bomb us or get us in a war I'm fine with him being president.

Erik

cba

Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:58 am

Bush is terrible. His rightist agenda is alienating moderates in the republican party. Bush, Delay and other rightist scum are throwing the whole party into the crapper because of their radically conservative agenda. Jeffords was just the first step. Bush, Delay, and others are shooting this country and their party in the foot. I've noticed one pattern in politics when I took US History last year. A republican would become president, screw things up, then a democrat would have to fix all of the crap that the republican president left.

JetService

Fri Jun 29, 2001 10:13 am

Tupolev, I didn't call you a leftie. I said you were simplistic. And the left can scare you with only half the story.
"Shaddap you!"

Alpha 1

Fri Jun 29, 2001 12:47 pm

JetService said:

"And the left can scare you with only half the story."

ROTFL! And the right can't my friend? They do it all the time. That's definitely the pot calling the kettle black!

b757300

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:19 pm

I think the real answer is WE DON'T KNOW YET. Lets wait until his term(s) in office are over and then decide.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

John Edwards

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:23 pm

I have some serious questions concerning the perfoirmance of President Bush so far. Particularily on the following issues:

1) Patients Bill of Rights-He has stated that he will veto any bill.
2) Campaign Finance Reform-Again, he has said he will veto.
3) Stem-cell research-he is opposed to it
4) Environment-he has shown some progress, but overall, he worries me.
5) Taxes-there is a strong likelihood he has squandered the surplus with this tax cut.

Let us remember that He did not win the popular vote.

Out of ten, I offer a four.

b757300

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:30 pm

Popular vote doesn't matter, only the electoral college counts. Check the Constitution.

John Edwards

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:43 pm

The constitution also says that everyone should own a gun.

Quick fact>>>>>>>>>>>>>
-In Japan, they have strict gun laws, and as a result, had no deaths of people between the ages of 15 and 19, due to guns, for the entire year of 2000.
-On the other hand, the United States had 5000+ deaths of people between the ages of 15 and 19, due to guns, in the entire year of 2000.

ABOUT THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE, quick fact>>>>>>>>
-The state of Wyoming has a population of 600,000 and has 3 electoral votes.
-California has a population of 33,000,000 and has 54 electoral votes.
-California has 55 times the population of Wyoming but only has 18 times the number of electoral votes.
-PLEASE, tell me how it's fair that a vote in Wyoming is worth 3 votes in California?

b757300

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:54 pm

Every state gets two Senators, thus two electoral votes. As for the difference in Representatives, it is based on the "Equal Representation clause" Each House member much represent roughly an equal number of people no matter which state. If a state (and several do) has less population then this set figure, then that state will automatically receives one Representative. I don't think it would be fair for some states to have ZERO representation in the House of Representatives.

Bed time, I gotta get up early and drive to Houston but unfortunately not to go plane spotting.

John Edwards

Fri Jun 29, 2001 2:02 pm

Why does a state get electoral votes just for having two senators? They all have two senators, so, again, it's unequal representation by population.

Why does the number of electoral votes have to be affiliated with the number of representatives?

Why couldn't there be 2538 electoral votes instead of 538 so that representation is more accurate?

Because of a line on a map, a PERSON in California is worth one third of a PERSON in Wyoming. Explain that logic to me.

tupolev154b2

Fri Jun 29, 2001 2:06 pm

JetService, sorry for the misunderstanding.

And no, Bush did not have the mandate of the people. But still, the law is the law and you couldn't change it right at that time to be fair. I have opposed pretty much everything he has done so far, including but not limited to issues about the environment and taxes which were all pro-business decisions.

But not to mention that I did not want Gore to be pres either (he is dumb). If I could vote for anyone, I would vote for Clinton again (his personal problems don't dictate how well he would lead the country in ways other than morally).

seb146

Fri Jun 29, 2001 3:18 pm

At least he has everyone talking about politics instead of antics. I don't feel the US is a laughing-stock anymore.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

L-188

Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:46 pm

John Edwards

Thank god a Californian is worth a third of what a Wyomingian(???) is. Just look at how screwed up California is? Do we want to rest of the country like that??? YUK!!!!

They may not have a lot of gun deaths in Japan but they do have Sarin gas attacks in the Subway and mental patients running into schools knifing kids.

By your logic on that gun crack we should ban all knifes because of the actions of that lunatic.

John Edwards

Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:40 pm

L-188,

It is foolish to think that a few examples, such as the subway attack and the school stabbing, show that Japan is just as bad as the U.S., even with less guns.

Well, to inform you, the U.S. has had some high-profile non-shooting incidents also. Think Oklahoma City, think Houston mom who drowned her 5 kids.

The truth, even though you don't like it, is that the majority of homicides are committed with guns. The availavility of guns simply increases the opportunity for "troubled" people take action.

By the way, in the Japan stabbing, the man was in the school (while children were still in it) for almost 15 minutes before the authorities arrived, and he managed to kill 8 people. Think how many more he would have killed, in 15 minutes, if he had had a gun.

L-188

Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:53 pm

It is even more foolish to think that one static from you show how bad the US is.....

Who are you really????