How Much Do They Pay For ...?

Tue Jul 03, 2001 10:22 am

Hey guys!

I am currently working on my Commercial license and I had for a short time thought about selling my "reproductive liquid" to sperm banks to make a little money. Does anyone knows how much they pay you for your "goods" and what are their requirements?

I realize this topic might be a little touchy for some people but this is a serious one so please don't turn this into a flaming war. Thank you

Regards,
Zulu Wiskhy Juliet

AirNova

RE: How Much Do They Pay For ...?

Tue Jul 03, 2001 10:29 am

This has got to be the best example of how a training pilot in Canada would do anything to support his flying bills.

To answer your question, I have no clue. But I'm interested to know.

AirNova
YUL

Tue Jul 03, 2001 11:30 am

My senior year in High School we came up with this idea to get more money. They pay is quite good however our problem was you could not have sex (or jack off) for 8 weeks before.
Iain

Tue Jul 03, 2001 12:24 pm

WOW....8 weeks....that's a L O N G time...I dont think i could do it.

Wed Jul 04, 2001 3:32 am

Lain,

Thanks for the information. 8 weeks is not that long if the pay is good at the end, I guess you just have to be motivated. Do you know how much one could make with that?

Regards,
Zulu Wiskhy Juliet

Wed Jul 04, 2001 6:12 am

Once you are accepted into our program, we require a minimum of a one year commitment. Most donors provide samples once a week. As an accepted donor you are entitled to compensation. Compensation ranges from $1 to $45 per acceptable sample -- you select the amount of compensation.

From the web page of "Sperm Bank of Caifornia:" http://www.thespermbankofca.org/services/paiddonr.htm

This one sounds easy...if its up o 45$ per visit, and ts once a week, that woud be roughly $2340 per year. And thats only if all your samples are 'acceptable'

This one doesn't sound like you need t wait the 8 weeks...haha...you get to do it every week. A good little extra income on the side...It would pay the car insuance...haha.

N400QX

Wed Jul 04, 2001 6:41 am

I had never thought of this, but I guess it could be a good source of a little extra income.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Wed Jul 04, 2001 11:17 am

Once a week, the program we looked into it was once every other month but the pay was much better $150ish it I remember right!
Iain

CPDC10-30

Wed Jul 04, 2001 2:16 pm

They better pay a hell of a lot if you have to hold off for two months!!!