coboeing777

Anyone Ever Been To Reading Airport In PA?

Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:27 am

Just a quick question. Any of you out there ever heard of/been to Reading/Spatz Regional Airport in Pennsylvania? They have a restaurant in the main terminal called the Wild Wing Cafe that has the most delicious buffalo wings that I have ever tasted. My pilot friend and I fly out there at least once a week just to have dinner there. Everytime we go there we always find a bunch of other GA aircraft parked in the parking area for the restaurant. So, it seems to me that it is a pretty famous place and that we are not the only ones that fly there just for some wings. Now, what Im wondering is, anyone out there on this board ever heard of this place and ever been there? If you haven't and love wings as much as I do, you need to go!

airlinelover

RE: Anyone Ever Been To Reading Airport In PA?

Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:22 pm

What else do they have??? Any other chicken or fish?
And of course, the BIG question, Pepsi  Big thumbs up or Coke  Sad?

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

coboeing777

Wed Jul 11, 2001 4:41 am

well, its a full restaurant where you can get burgers and stuff too. I know they have other items that wouldnt be considered like a fast food but I've never really taken a good look at the menu since all we go there for is the awesome wings. Whenever I look around, all I see are baskets and baskets of wings on peoples's tables. So that leads me to believe that thats basically what everyone is there. This airport only has like 3-4 scheduled airline flights which are US Air flights to PHL and PIT but every time we go the restaurant is packed, especially on weekends. I kinda figured that someone else on this board would have either ben there or at least heard of it. Oh well, guess not...

Joe

PS: the answer is PEPSI  Smile

redngold

Fri Jul 13, 2001 6:30 am

The majority of my extended family lives in the Reading area, so I've been to Reading many times. Unfortunately, since the airport is only served by USAirways, it costs an arm and two legs to fly there. I fly to Allentown instead.

There are about three flights each daily from PIT and PHL. The PIT flights are done by Piedmont dba USAirways Express with Dash-8s. The PHL flights are done by Air Midwest (Mesa) dba USAirways Express with Beech 1900s.

The PHL flights are often cancelled, which is why if I ever fly into Reading it will be via PIT. The flight RDG-PHL, including ground time, is almost the same duration as the drive to PHL, and most of my family's experienced harrowing taxi rides in lieu of the connectors.

To directly address your question, I've never spent a significant amount of time at the airport there. I saw my cousins off to Florida about ten years ago when I was visiting my grandmother; I believe that I have some shots of RDG from Mount Penn (the largest mountain of the three that create the Reading basin.) So I've never eaten at the wings place.

redngold
Up, up and away!