DTW_Steve
Topic Author

Nashville, Anyone?

Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:24 am

A buddy of mine and I are planning on taking a road trip next week. Final destinations are yet to be determined, but Nashville is being considered as one of the stops, mainly to check out the music scene... Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go for good musical entertainment? Also, we'd like to go to the Grand Ole Opry if at all possible. Does this require advance ticket purchases, or is it something that we can step up and be admitted to? Thanks for any help...

Also, any other suggestions about worthwhile things to see or do in Tennesee or Nashville would be greatly appreciated....thanks

corocks

RE: Nashville, Anyone?

Wed Aug 01, 2001 5:31 am

It depends on what kind of music you are going for. There is not much in Nashville besides country and a little Jazz. If you like Jazz, go to Memphis instead.

DTW_Steve
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2001 7:09 am

Country is fine......music in general is what Im interested in. Broadening ones influences and horizons in that respect is never a bad thing. But, that said, I had no idea that Memphis had a good jazz scene....so I'd more than likely make a stop there, too.

UA767-223

Fri Aug 03, 2001 11:55 am

Despite the prevalence of country music, Nashville also has a thriving alternative music scene. It's a great city with lots of interesting contrasts. For instance, it's known as both the "buckle of the bible belt" and the home of the world's largest adult book store.

Nashville is a new and modern city. Memphis is a toilet in comparison.

The best places to hang out are on the west side around Vanderbilt Univ.