ly772

Bomb Blast In Jerusalem Sbarro Kills 20

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:50 am

Earlier this Thursday, at lunch time in a busy Sbarro in the center of Jerusalem, a young Palestinian from the Islamic Jihad went into the Sbarro, and blew himself up taking his own life, as well as 20 others and injuring over one hundred.

A few hours after the bombing, a mother who took her four kids to Sbarro for lunch, and who, luckily, survived the blast was reunited with two of her kids courtesy of "Israeli Channel 2" They sat up a video link between the two hospitals that they were taken to. They talked and it was a moment that would live forever as the mother cried seeing her young son in a cast. All 5 family members survived.

In another story, another mother of four, who's husband is the Fire Chief of Jerusalem, was talking to her husband this morning over the phone, saying to him, "I want to take the kids out, It's summer and they have nothing to do." The husband replied, "No, don't go, there's a warning of another attack" She didn't listen and went to the Sbarro anyways. All of them survived.

What is next? A possible Sharon strike even though that Arafat condemed the attack, just like the attack on the Dolphinarium, the beach club in Tel Aviv. He called a sieze fire, just like after the Dolphinarium attack.

I would like your reactions, please!

RealHigh

RE: Bomb Blast In Jerusalem Sbarro Kills 20

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:57 am

Stop the genocide of Palestinians and the attacks against the occupied territory called 'Israel' will stop.

Ikarus

Fri Aug 10, 2001 4:01 am

It's pretty obvious where all this is headed, isn't it? (Civil) war and, the most worrying of all, a possible genocide against the Palestinians comitted by an increasingly right-wing Israeli government. But that's still quite a while in the future. For now, it will follow the path of slow escalation due to both sides being unnecessarily stubborn - and, let's face it, much of the recent escalation can be blamed on a more-violent-than-necessary, and more-extremist-than-acceptable Israeli government.

I hope with all my heart that this will not continue to its catastrophic climax, and that peace may be found eventually. But my mind tells me it's unlikely.

Regards

Ikarus

Mr Spaceman

Fri Aug 10, 2001 4:51 am

When I think of Islamic Jihad "Suicide Bombings" or Arafat...I think of one thing.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Steve Butler

Need I say more?

Have a nice day!

Chris  Smile
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

Fri Aug 10, 2001 6:49 am

Well done brave Islamic Jihad. Well done. Your courageous noble act against dangerous lunchtime mothers and children will be condoned and celebrated by Allah. He is proud of you for instilling terror and fear into mothers and children. Well done, you have made Islam proud and strengthened the stereotypes that Muslim fighters effectively and respectively fight with their minds and their pens.

Allah will be proud. Those dead infants should have known better than to have lived in Israel. They got what they deserved.

RealHigh

Fri Aug 10, 2001 9:17 am

TWAneedsnohelp, you are a sick rodent! How dare you classify all Muslims as terrorist?!
First of all, you people don't even belong in our part of the world in the first place!
Israel is the most evil government in the world. You people are sick! Your people have killed more innocent Palestinians than Palestinians killing Israelis. We are only defending our land just as Native Americans put up a fight to defend their land. We aren't going to let our people be wiped out as the Native Americans were nearly wiped out.

Israel will soon die!

tupolev154b2

Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:03 am

Lets hope that this will soon end and that the conflicting parties will find peace in the future...

b757300

Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:15 am

The scariest part is if an Arab-Israel Conflict grew to much, then we could be seeing this throughout the Middle East.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

VirginA340

Fri Aug 10, 2001 11:55 am

You both Muslims and Jews asses need to be kicked. I can't believe that you actually condone the killing of innocent men, women and children. Both Politicians Arafat and Sharome need to be hanged along with All members of Hezbalah and other terrorist groups. Haven't both of you learned from the night club bombing in which innocent teens were killed. They were only having a party but noo You Damn suicide bombers going to Allah needed a sadistic fun by killing innocent people. I pray to god that muslims who are with suicide bombers will burn forever in hell while the people that you bruttally bombed will rest in piece. How dare does anyone on this forum condone such an atrocious act!!!!

What did these people do to anyone!!!! All they we're doing was eating pizza for crying out loud. They weren't bothering anyone!!! What about the beautiful children that were killed outside the nighclub? They were innocent civilians not soldiers or government officials. You bastard radical Jewish Politicals, Soldiers along with the Hezbalah and other terrorist groups along with Arafat and his staff can go to hell. Thanks to your squabbling and constant breakdowns and dragging of your feet . More innocent lives have been lost and lives have been permananantly shattered yet again!!!!

TWAneedsnohelp and Realhigh you shgould be ashamed!!! How would you like it if someone killed your families in such a horrible way!!! Shame on you and both of you should apoligize for your acts. I think enough hatred has been spewed along with the lives lost due to this undyable disease called bigotry!

I pray that both sides will get along but the people must see through the politicians and the terror groups. Once they've been put out of commission only then will there be peace.
"FUIMUS"

tbar220

Fri Aug 10, 2001 1:55 pm

Perhaps this will wake up the United States to do something. The following is directly from cnn.com:

"The dead [from the pizzeria blast] included Shoshana Greenbaum, 31, a pregnant schoolteacher who lived in New Jersey and was in Israel to get a master's degree in Jewish education."

The loss of American lives in no way should be tolerated. If this happened on American soil, a terrorist attack like this, the American government would tolerate it in any way. America has a no toleration policy with terrorists, and Israel chooses to do the same, not tolerating any terrorist act against it, no matter what the situation. The killing of innocent children in such a brutal act would not be tolerated by any nation in the world.

As for all of you above who don't discuss the problem, shut the f*** up. You all don't know crap about the situation, and are just using this to slander eachother and to raise hell. Become a little more educated on what's going on and stop acting like a bunch of crazed morons. It makes me sick to see you argue like that.

Have a nice day!

Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:03 pm

RealHigh...

Sick rodent ehh? Sick enough to bomb innocent teenagers at a party? uhh probably not. How about sick enough to bomb a popular family restaurant and murder (with nails and pins) innocent mothers, tourists, and infants. Is that the sick rodent you classify me as? Yeah I thought so.

Moreover, it appears you completely don't understand the situation at all. Israel and the PA for 10 years now have been attempting to make peace and find a final status for these Arab people in the west bank and gaza. However, Arafat wanted leverage to quicken the pace of the negotiations. Apparently, talks and meetings weren't enough, but riots and unrest were more suitable. Along comes Intifada 2001.

>>>>First of all, you people don't even belong in our part of the world in the first place!

Jews don't belong in "[your] part of the world"? May I remind you oh worldly one, that we've been there just as long as you and our holiest site in the world is the Western Wall in Omaha, Nebraska. Oops, I mean Jerusalem (aka "[your] part of the world").

>>>>>>>>Israel is the most evil government in the world.

Because it defends its people from terror. Sure.

>>>>>>You people are sick!

Because we bomb family restaurants and teenage discos.

>>>>>>>Your people have killed more innocent Palestinians than Palestinians killing Israelis.

Plainly wrong, unless your idea of an "innocent Palestinian" is a Hamas supporter bombing school buses, women driving home from supermarkets, cafes, and discos. The only thing these people are innocent of is.....humanity.

>>>>>>>We are only defending our land just as Native Americans put up a fight to defend their land.

In a noble and brave way. Allah (swt) is proud.

>>>>>>>We aren't going to let our people be wiped out as the Native Americans were nearly wiped out.

Nope, you guys are real leaders in the field of co-existance. Remember 1949. Israel on its second day of existance is invaded by 6 countries.

Allah (swt) is smiling tonight. I know.

Superfly

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:13 pm

VirginA340:
I agree with you about 99%. I hate to see this sort of violence. I can understand RealHigh's point because I know her personally. Her father was gunned down by Israelis when she was 13. I can understand her rage. That TWAneedsNOhelp brat is a very militant anti-Arab sadistic wacko. I've got into it with him awhile ago here in the forums.
As much as I hate violence and murder, I can understand why 'some' Palestinians will resort to this level. Palestinians are treated less than human on what was once there soil. Now Israel occupies that land and the Palestinians are fighting for it. When you’re fighting for your own land, you fight till death. Unfortunately there will be many innocent lives lots in the conflict.
What makes it even worse is that our tax dollars is funding this genocide of Palestinians. The US Middle East policy is the most evil and repugnant policy in the world. Our hard-earned tax dollars is funding this on going conflict. Israel doesn't even want peace. Sharon is happy to see his own people slaughtered by Palestinians because it gets all of the Israeli hard liners rallying up behind him. That justifies his reason for being in power. Plus those images are aired here in the US by the Zionist controlled media to get support from Americans. Look at the stupidity displayed by B757300 with the mushroom cloud. I am pretty sure the only information he and most Americans get information about the Middle East is through CNN, NBC and the other major US networks controlled by Zionist.
Israel has rejected every opportunity of peace. Just ask Jimmy Carter and George Bush Sr.
There will NEVER be peace in the Middle East with an occupied Israeli presence.
Bring back the Concorde

Twaneedsnohelp

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:14 pm

I support you 100%
Isreal must do what is needed to protect itself and the loyal jewish and christain population.

Superfly

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:24 pm

B757300:
You are acting like the biggest ASS on this web-site! If I were Johan, your ass would have been deleted a long time ago.

TWAneedshelp & Tbar220:
You two have been brainwashed from an early age to hate Palestinians. I echo the sentiment of my friend RealHigh. Israel is the real 'evil empire'!
Israel represents the 'Great Satan'. Israel will soon be doomed and peace will finally flourish in the Middle East.
Israel has nuclear weapons from the United States and other advance weapons. I have every right to gripe about that Satanic Empire named Israel because I paid for it!
I want my money back!
Bring back the Concorde

b757300

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:25 pm

What the heck is your problem? Don't think getting rid of me is as easy as pressing a delete button.

Superfly

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:32 pm

B757300:
Actually I am glad you are here to continue to make an ass out of yourself. Just as you and Hairyass and other right-winger do.
Bring back the Concorde

b757300

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:34 pm

Of course you won't answer my question.

tbar220

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:38 pm

Superfly,

I think your comments towards me were misdirected. Look at what I put on the message, and look at it carefully. I was not saying anything brainwashed. Look at what has happened as a single incident...because now it is pointless to try to look at it as part of the whole, which has become totally twisted.

What I was saying, is that this terrorist attack should be looked at carefully because an American citizen was killed. And yes, I do believe it is a terrorist attack because it was against civilians. And to me, that constitutes a terrorist attack, especially when young people are killed.

As a single incident, which once again I think you have to look at it that way, it shouldn't happen. I hate violence just as much as anybody here does. No Palestinian and no Israeli should die for these causes, which can be worked out peacefully. I never made any sort of "brainwashed" comments that were like "Arab's should die!" or "Israel is the Great Satan" (sound familiar?) and stuff that we see in the posts above mine.
I think that hateful comments like that are very poor judgement.

That is the reason why I was so upset, because this post basically turned into a hate filled slanderous attack from both sides. People need to ease up.

Tzvika

Why I was so upset
NO URLS in signature

tbar220

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:41 pm

Superfly,

"You have been brainwashed from an early age to hate Palestinians."

I do not hate Palestinians. I hate terrorists which kill infants and children and teens. I hate the violence which is going on there, because nobody's life is secure in that area. I don't hate you for saying that about me, but I certainly didn't take that comment well.

I only wish both sides could live in peace.

Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

b757300

Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:44 pm

Well said Tbar220.

Neither side is ever going to win so they need to learn how to coexist peacefully. Maybe when the current generation dies off, their kids will truly work toward a lasting peace.

Superfly

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:01 pm

Tbar220:
That's fine and I can accept that.

I must ask, how do you feel about all of the killing done by Israelis towards Palestinians?
That goes unnoticed here in the US.
We are brainwashed to believe that Arabs are 'towel headed terrorist with lots of oil. That is far from the truth. I am glad I don't strictly rely on the Zionist media for my sole source of information.
It just burns me up that my tax dollars is supporting this sort of genocide against Palestinians. Every time Israel cries wolf, our government is at Israel's beckoning call!
Bring back the Concorde

tbar220

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:11 pm

Superfly,

Good, now that we got that figured out, lemme answer your last post.

What do I think about Israeli's killing palestinians? I think its a shame that it happens. There are peaceful ways to resolve the problems. Yet I see the American news not as zionist but as blatantly anti-Israeli, the worst being the L.A. times and N.Y. Times.

At the beginning of the uprising, do you know why so many palestinians were dying? When the Palestinians were in their "rock-throwing" phase, do you know why so many young palestinians were dying? Because they were put on the front lines throwing rocks...young children and teens put on front lines to throw rocks and molotov cocktails at soldiers armed with guns...doesn't that seem a little bit demented? I don't blame Israel for their deaths, as the soldiers are defending themselves (don't say that rocks and molotov cocktails are harmless). I blame the older Palestinians and parents who let their children get killed like that...because they think it is noble that they fight.

This kind of thing is brainwashing, it ends up having people use the term genocide, which is ridiculous. You want to know what genocide is? Look at what happened in Kosovo, look at what happened in Cambodia, look at what happened in Europe in WWII. This was mass, organized killing of a race in an intent of wiping them out. Your use of the term genocide is blatantly wrong, for the Israeli's are not systematically killing Palestinian civilians in an attempt to destroy the people. They are not even attacking innocent civilians. I want you to justify why you use that term.

The deaths of Palestinians are at the hands of soldiers defending Israeli citizens and Israeli land. While once again a shame that so many have to die, the Israeli's are defending themselves from rioting and terrorist groups (Jihad, Hamas, etc.).

Tzvika

NO URLS in signature

Superfly

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:14 pm

Do Palestinians have the same rights as Israelis in Israel?
Bring back the Concorde

tbar220

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:17 pm

If a Palestinian is an Israeli citizen, then yes. And yes, you can be an Arab and be an Israeli citizen. What's your point? And answer my post
NO URLS in signature

VirginA340

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:20 pm

Superfly; I get my news from FOX, CBC (Canadian Broadcasting) and BBC. How is Sharon happy in killing his own citizens? Is he one of those ultra conservative harliners that'll sacrafice anything and everything to get his way? If so then I would rather have Benjerman Netenyahoo (pardon the spelling) back rather than Sharom. Atleast under Ben; The terrorist attacks weren't that bad and they were minimal. But none can ever replace Yitzak Rabin. If he was still around both he and Arafat could've done something productive to stop all this and all the innocent peopl would've have died in the disco, pizza place, etc.
"FUIMUS"

tbar220

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:26 pm

Excellent point VirginA340. Yet, what bothers me about this whole situation is that it seemed that Arafat was so much more willing to solve the problems peacefully when Itzhak Rabin was around, yet he isn't now. True, Sharon is no Rabin, but he wants peace just as much as Rabin did, and he wants peace just as much as the Israeli population does. So why isn't Arafat willing to solve the problem peacefully, and why does it seem he is connected every time there is some sort of terrorist attack? I think he should be more willing to solve the problem peacefully, yet he has to prove his words with actions, and this terrorist attack shows he hasn't.

Once again, he has called for a cease-fire, but after he did that with the discotecque attack, it was useless. Didn't stop any terrorist attacks...so he needs to back up his words with action.

Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

Superfly

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:29 pm

And if they aren't an Israeli citizen?

Interesting you call the NY Times and LA Times owner by the Chandlers anti-Israel. I see them as being very Pro-Israel.
When I used to live down in SoCal., I worked on the campaigns for US Rep. Howard Berman (D-CA) and Anthony Bellenson (D-CA), I meet staff writers from the LA Times. One of the few times I meet really conservative Jewish people.
They were very pro-Israel and it is reflected in their stories pertaining to the Middle East.
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:36 pm

VirginA340:
Sharon is an evil military hawk. He is only fueling the fire. Rabin and Barak were more interested in peace. Don't expect anything good to come from this Sharon guy.
Bring back the Concorde

tbar220

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:38 pm

Good discussion, I will continue tommorrow. I'm gonna hit the sack. Superfly, don't take offense at this, but you haven't responded to my post about genocide and what not. Its the long one about eight posts up. Give it a shot.

G'Night all.

Smile Tzvika  Smile
NO URLS in signature

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:55 pm

Superfly,

are you a member of they aryan nations?

go canada!

Fri Aug 10, 2001 9:31 pm

Im not an arab or Palestinian supporter nor am i am pro-Israel to i die support.

you mention the land issues but the land was irasels in the first place, thousdands of years beforehand.

peace was progressing nicely then araft wanted more because he is too weak to control hamas and hezbelloah, the Israelies prompty voted in sharon to make sure that they never gave up Jerusalem and araft then lost even more control.

>RealHigh..................

twa wasnt a sick rodent, he condemmed the bombing and was being sacrastic, show me where he said all muslims are eveil?

i didnt see that in his post, i saw him saying that the militants who bombed and mained arent going to get praise from allah for murder!

its seems that you are a bit anti-irasel.i hate all terrorists, not all arabs or all Israel.

Arafat is the cause of this, he is clinging on to power and wont slap down hamas and hezbelloah, israel and Palestine were a lot better before arafat lost control and didnt stop hamas and hezbelloah.

its their fault that war is moving closer but the israelies havent helped by settling on palestine land, but that re-settlement seems to have icnreased since hamas and hezbelloah decidedto wreck the peace process.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

LY744

Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:02 am

Superfly: Your argumetns are very interesting, especially because they sound just like the ones used to get Hitler to power in Germany in the 30's (the Zionist controlled media etc.), and don't tell me that you aren't biased. Maybe you are the one that's been brain washed?
BTW, Israel has never got any assistance from the US when it comes to the development of nuclear weapons and techonology. The first nuclear reactor in Israel was opened in the 50's, years before the US started to supply Israel with weapons.
"Palestinians" do not live in Israel anymore, they live in the territories that were given to them starting with the early 90's, so they can have their own country, as a part of the peace process (apparently, they want a little more...)

There was one good thing to come out of yesterdays bombing: a Palestinian official clearly stated in an interview with a major western TV station, that no jew is safe in Israel (not the West Bank or Gaza, Israel), and that they all should return to "where they came from". People around here have been blaming Israel for not wanting peace, they say that Israel should just give the Palestinians what they want, and live in peace. Now, that statement clearly shows that the "Palestinians" want jews out of the middle east for good, they don't want peace!

Yes, the jews lived in the piece of land that is now called "Israel" and "Palestine" thousands of years before there were any "Palestinians", or before there were any Muslims in the world. Still, I do not think this is a good reason for jews to have all that land because they only started coming back there about 100-150 years ago. Anyone who read my previous posts on this kind of topics, knows, that I'm all for a peace agreement that will have both "Palestinians" and Israeli jews live in the middle east in harmony. I'm saying that both nations have a right for that land.
BTW, the West Bank was taken over by the Israelis in 1967 because ever since the state of Israel appeared on the map of the world, that territory was widely used by terrorists as a base from which they carried out attacks against Israeli civilians.

"Palestinians"- There were no such people as "Palestinians" until the jews decided to have a country of their own in 1947. The bunch of Arab people from different origins, that live in so-called Palestine, never had a country of their own, especially not in "Palestine", because it was under different rules (Turkish and British are the latest) for the last 2000 or so years. Over the years people started slowly settling in "Palestine", and now, of all times, they decided to have a country of their own. Gaza and the West Bank used to be Egyptian and Jordanian territory, not "Palestinian".

Also the way terrorists use the Islam (which I have great respect for) to cover for their actions is very interesting. Suicide is prohibited by the Islam.

Yasser Arafat knows exactly when another terrorist act is going to happen, 50% of the time he is directly behind it. Its funny how he always asks for a cease-fire after an attack, and then fails to control his people, and then complains about Israel's reactions.

I am not a person who believes in capital punishment, I do not think a nation as a whole should be punished for the actions of individuals, but that is very difficult when you see thousands of people celebrating the death of 15 innocent civilians, most of them women and children...

LY744.

Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

ryanb741

Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:17 am

The way I see it, Israel has 2 choices. Either it commits to taking out Hamas once and for all (and not do the usual cowardly gunship attack on a police station thus killing civilians) or it gives back the land it stole. I favour a bit of both to be honest, but I think Israel first needs to tell its Orthodox Jews to shut up and stop provoking the Palestinians. When will they realise Israel is not a Jewish Orthodox majority country? I'm sorry, but the Orthodox Jews are behaving appallingly with their religious bigotry. Israel is not 'their state' as they like to put it. Thankfully they are being bred out of existence (due to marriage out of the religion). Once these monkeys are out of the way then Israel can try and adopt a more rational stance towards the Middle East.
Secondly Israel should stop turning Palestinian areas into ghettos. But most importantly, Sharon should be kicked out and someone a little more tolerant put in. Israel gets no respect also for the way in which it prevented UN observers from monitoring the situation - obviously because it was afraid the atrocities it commits against the Palestinians will be reported. There are two guilty parties in this war, and I feal that soon other Arab states will get involved (and I'm sorry, but whatever Israel's nuclear capability is, it cannot defend itself from multiple martyr bombings which is what will happen).
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

LY744

Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:36 am

UN observers, eh? You mean like the ones who practically assisted the Hezbollah in kidnapping 3 Israeli soldiers a few months ago, and then hid essential information from Israel, info that could have helped release those soldiers?
Are you all blind or stupid?! Palestinian police officers (most of them are former members of terrorist organizations), were directly responsible for many terrorist attacks, they have released hundreds of terrorists from jails, they gave them weapons, and they keep carrying out attacks against Israelis.
Ghettos? Genocide? "Palestinians" have no idea what those terms really mean, jews do.

LY744.

cfalk

Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:40 am

Here we go again. The Jews are the only victims in this world...

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

rajno1

Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:43 am

I don't mean to offend anyone but why is it that throughout history the Jews have done nothing but p*ss people off. Why do they insist on being so insular, closing themselves off to the outside world. Why do they have to be so arrogant? I know this may upset some people so I'll stop there but as an impartial observer you have to agree that the Jews are pretty hard to like as a race.

LY744

Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:09 am

Cfalk - nice manipulation of my words! Good job!

Rajno1 - yeah... I can see what you mean! They are so annoying! They don't deserve to live...(de ja vu?)

LY744.

cfalk

Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:16 am

LY,

It's not a manipulation of words. You're just quoting the party line...

How about this. Put yourself in the shoes of a Palestinian, and think how you would feel. Don't just spout out what you would like him to do, but be honest about this exercise in empathy. Done properly, it might take a few hours or a few days.

Whatever you come up with, I can guarantee you it won't be something like "Honey, we're packing up and moving to Jordan. The Israelis don't want us here."

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

rajno1

Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:20 am

LY744 - nice manipulation of MY words, this time to suit your own agenda. You seem very adept at 'creating a truth'. You aren't Jewish are you?

Oh sorry, mustn't criticise the Jews, not after the Holocaust. Don't blame me for murdering Palestinians, I'm a Jew and my great-great granny who I never met and have no knowledge of was killed by a nasty man and now you all have to feel sorry for me and look the other way while my people kill and maim innocents. The Holocaust was the most important event in history. HOLOCAUST. Let us scream it H-O-L-O-C-A-U-S-T. Please feel sorry for me because I am a victim of the Holocaust. Please let me murder Palestinians because I am a victim of the Holocaust. Did I mention the Holocaust? Well I will go on about the HOLOCAUST for all eternity lest the World forget it. Yada yada yada.

go canada!

Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:21 am

I think they are going to sort out hamas once and for all.Bombing civilians doesnt work and to get more international sympthay israel will go after the terrorists.

Taking action against terrorits will get support from the world wide commuinty, going overboard and invading the the west bank or the gaza strip wont solve anything, neither will deaths of youths.

and i think they will stop with the settlements,, i think the final peace plan will be reversing the settlements but sharon or any other leader wont give up Jerusalem.

arafat is losing power and may be forced to declare independence from israel, prompting a new war.

It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

LY744

Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:23 am

Dear Cfalk, I happen to know both Palestinians and Jews. I do not have to put myself in their shoes to understand what is going on. You, on the other hand, seem to be succesful in puting yourself in the "Palestinian's" shoes. Tell me, do you like going out? Do you have kids? Family? Friends?

LY744.

LY744

Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:30 am

Take it easy, Rajno1, getting a little emotional?
To answer your question (bohters you, doesn't it?) - No, I am not.

LY744.

LY744

Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:07 am

It is easy for us to discuss the mid-east crisis from our safe homes in Canada, the US, Switzerland etc.
Has any of you thought on what its like to live in Israel?
Israel has been fighting for its existance for the last 53 years. Many of you think its been easy because they are supported by the US. Yes the US has been supplying Israel with weapons for the last 33 years. But has any US soldier died for Israel? Didn't think so.
How would you feel if every day of your life you would have to watch the people that you considered your partners in the peace process talking about killing you? How would you feel if you were risking your life every time you step out of your house, going to the mall, to school, riding a bus, walking down the street? How would you feel seeing that your so-called peace process partners violate almost every single agreement you signed with them, and the world not caring about it? How would you feel when 15 of your countrymen, some who you may have known, were killed when they tried to have lunch with their kids? How would you feel if your allies were condemning the actions your government was taking to protect you from terrorists? Would that make you feel like you have the full support of the world's largest super power? I don't think so. I think I would feel betrayed, I think I would feel like I've been stabbed in the back and kicked in the belly every single day of my life, I'd feel like I'm all alone in the world, I'd feel I gotta do all it takes to protect my life, the life of my children, the country I live in.
Now, do you still wonder why Sharon was elected?
If it wasn't for the Palsetinian administration's actions he would never have been elected. Do you think Israel's people want war? I doubt it, especially since army service is mandatory for both males and females in Israel.
They just want to survive, in the middle east it might be harder than we think.

LY744.

tbar220

Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:13 am

Don't you see what is happening here on this message board? You guys cant talk peacefully and clearheaded. You are ready to bash eachother's skulls in and rip out their throats. Perhaps this is symbolic of what we are discussing....how ironic.

Try having a civilized conversation, perhaps cooling off a little bit, being a little more rational, looking at BOTH sides, and criticizing CONSTRUCTIVELY, not with blood on your mind.

While Superfly and I don't agree on this topic, we are not ready to kill eachother, as I feel certain people on this post are. We are having a very interesting discussion, which I am glad to be a part of with him, because that's what debate is all about. Ease up people, its just a discussion. Your words here aren't going to shape what's happening in the middle east.

Just my two cents...

Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

Superfly

Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:17 am

LY744:
You're making me laugh!  Laugh out loud

You think were supposed to feel sorry for those trouble-making Israelis?!?!
I have no sympathy for any attacks against Israel because they don't belong there in the first place!
They are strategically placed there to keep the Middle East divided and serve our interest.
Bring back the Concorde

Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:24 am

Haha, brainwashed bullshit.

Serve "our" interests, "zionist controlled media". Thats cute.

You think everything in this world is so easy?

-Every Jew contols everything written in every American newsoutlet.

-Or the USA was able to carve out an entire state and move 2 million strong-willed intelligent people there and just force it to be a pupet while the US does what it wants.

Please. If the world was that naive....

Also, not to boast or anything, but the USA had absolutely nothing to do with Israeli nuclear capability. That was Israelis with mutual support from France.

In fact, the Americans have been trying to spy on Dimona for years!

tbar220

Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:27 am

Superfly,

Perhaps I take back my comment about enjoying my discussion with you. For one, you seem to be ignoring my comments, perhaps because you don't want a peaceful discussion, or because you don't want to admit that maybe I'm right.

Anyhoo, screw the peaceful discussion. Your last comment kind of upset me.

"I have no sympathy for any attacks against Israel because they don't belong there in the first place!
They are strategically placed there to keep the Middle East divided and serve our interest."

No sympathy? You're saying that its ok for Palestinians to kill innocent women and infants because it is all a game of strategy? Do you place no value on human lives at all? I think comments like that are disgusting, shows that you have no value on life and peace, and that you would be willing to promote violent acts like this because of political reasons.

But wait, let me guess, if an Israeli soldier shoots and kills a Palestinian who's throwing molotov cocktails at him, you would be up in arms, because that is an outrage. Wake up superfly, and stop being so thick headed. Look at the situation from more than one angle.

Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

Superfly

Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:41 am

Tbar220:
My last post was supposed to be before your but you beat me.

I am juggling dozens of things here at work and really shouldn't be on the forums right now.

As for the people defending there land with molotov cocktails, sticks and stone is a reaction to Israels aggression. Should the Palestinians surrender because Israel has plenty of these?

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Steve Butler

Bring back the Concorde

tbar220

Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:48 am

No, the Palestinians should not surrender, but they should not use terrorist attacks as a means of getting their ways. The Israeli's have been more than willing to solve this problem peacefully. The Palestinians have not. And another point, Israel is not using its war planes to bomb "civilian" targets...the keyword being civilian. They are not using their warplanes to carry out attacks on areas where civilians gather...like a pizzeria.

Yet you say they are defending their land with sticks and stones. Are the Israeli's trying to force the Palestinians out of the West Bank and Gaza? I sure don't believe that is the situation here. In fact, was it not the Palestinians who destroy Joseph's tomb, and attack Jews who are praying at the western wall. The Israeli soldiers are defending their people from these "sticks and stones".

And when they do use their tanks and warships, it is in retaliation to the terrorist attacks. Doesn't the same thing happen with the United States? When the United States bombed Afghanistan after the bombings of the embassies, tha was ok. They were defending themselves, showing that they wont be pushed around. So what is different here?

Tzvika

Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

Superfly

Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:56 am

You cannot compare the two events. The US has not colonized Afghanistan.
Bring back the Concorde