b757300

A Way To Cut Down On

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:09 pm

After receiving 4 e-mails from Johan about not posting "personal messages" in the forum I thought about a way to solve the problem instead of people whining to the administration every time someone they don't like makes a post. The other thing is if Johan really enforced the "No Personal Message" rule then a good 50% or more of the posts on all of Airliners.net would be deleted.

Several other forums I read have an option to send another user a private message. Its not an e-mail since it is entirely within the server but it would allow people to take their problems with each other off the forum. Another possibility is a link in the person's profile that will allow you to send them an e-mail just like you can send to the photographers but it would not reveal e-mail addresses.

If Johan is serious about keeping the forums "clean", then maybe something like this would be a good idea. Not only would it keep a lot of the threads from turning into gladiator matches but it would reduce the work load for the administrators since they wouldn't have to be dealing with as much B.S.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

b757300

RE: A Way To Cut Down On

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:10 pm

What? It nuked 1/2 my title???

It should be "A Way to Cut Down on "Personal Message" Deletions"

tbar220

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:22 pm

What would be even better, if in the user info section you could post your ICQ number, that way anytime you want to have a discussion about something on the message board, but you want a personal message, just do it over ICQ. That might work...I know there's a way to link straight to ICQ in HTML.

Smile Tzvika  Smile
NO URLS in signature

airlinelover

Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:41 pm

I have heard of ICQ, but what is it/how do you use it?

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

b757300

Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:20 pm

bump