WiLdmanVzla
Topic Author

People Interested In Psycology

Thu Aug 16, 2001 1:26 am

I want to contact people interested in Psycology all over the world sharing the same hobby as me (of course I'm talking about Aviation!!!!!!!!!!!).

Thank you!!!!!!

flight152

RE: People Interested In Psycology

Thu Aug 16, 2001 1:33 am

You mean Psychology?

AC_A340

Thu Aug 16, 2001 4:37 am

Not to get off topic but what are Psych. classes like at University? I signed up for one in the fall.

JetService

Thu Aug 16, 2001 5:15 am

Psychology (or is it Psychiatry) fascinates me like Astronomy (or is it Astrology). If I could start over, I'd pursue one of those. Its all so damn cool. For instance, the light you see from stars is actually light the star had cast billions of years ago. You're looking at light that shined billions of years in the past. The star may not even be there anymore. How f#$king cool is that?!?!?!
"Shaddap you!"

Matt D

Thu Aug 16, 2001 5:37 am

Well, actually, unless you are looking at a distant galaxy as a smudge of light in a telescope, you are not going to see the light of stars 'billions' of years ago.

Most individual stars visible in the night sky are less than 1500 light years away.

Anyway, getting back on topic, yes, Pshych is a fascinating subject-except your first year of it in college-which will be nothing but statistics, and boring as hell.

Thu Aug 16, 2001 5:52 am

Matt_D is partitally correct, but no galaxy's visible to the naked eye in a telescope is billons of light years away(The Hubble can only look back to about 12 or so billion years which was around the time the universe was forming), more on the order of 50 ot 150 millon with the closest being 2.3 millon(andromeda) which is visible to the naked eye. In case your interested the closest star is only 4.2 light years away  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

JetService

Thu Aug 16, 2001 6:02 am

Sorry fellas, I thought I had heard the closest star to Earth (not incl. our Sun) was over a million light years. But then again, I also heard the Fiero was supposed to replace the Corvette as the number-one American sports car but the chassis was too wimpy. Damn liars!!!! All of 'em!!!!

Thanks for the corrections  Smile
"Shaddap you!"