Soku39
Topic Author

"Fun" Science Fair Projects (planes,aerospace Etc)

Wed Sep 12, 2001 5:27 am

My condolences to those who died and there famalies, but sadly the business of school must continue. Has anyone ever done any projects that they actually liked, or might actually interest a plane nut like me.

Thanks
The Ohio Player

lehpron

RE: "Fun" Science Fair Projects (planes,aerospace Etc)

Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:35 pm

Soku39,

Yeah, try this: make up a plane out of cardboard, make it look as real as can be, maybe with real life uses in mind.

I did that in the 8th grade for a school contest, I got 1st place; but then so did a bunch of other "talented students."  Yeah sure

I made up a concept hypersonic airliner made from model rocket cones and tubes, paper, masking tape, etc... It wasn't designed to fly, just a model. It was 29 inches long and I still have it and it's ribbon -- they're both eight years old now.

Or you can always make an RC, let your imagination soar.  Wink/being sarcastic

Hope this helps, good luck

lehpron

The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Soku39
Topic Author

Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:41 am

Sorry I forgot to mention it has to be a project that includes an expirement, but thanks anyway.
The Ohio Player

lubcha132

Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:27 am

PAPER AIRPLANES! make different designs w/an 8.5 by 11 paper and test 'em out! Unfortunately, my outgoing e-mail is screwed up, but if u leave another way for me to contact u, i'll give u some more tips...there's a plethora of stuff to do...different folds, etc.

lubcha132@hotmail.com

airbus380

Fri Sep 14, 2001 12:45 pm

Umm. I did maybe a little more "technologically" advanced projects than this. In the 6th grade I made an airfoil and determined the greatest angle of attack that an aircraft could take off with and not stall on. I got 1st place. No science fair in the 7th grade. In the 8th grade (last year) I built a radar but instead of using radar waves, I used light waves. I tested many shapes to find the best design for a stealth aircraft. I am continuing this project this year. I won 1st place last year at school and 2nd place overall at the city wide fair in Houston. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. coaa380@hotmail.com.

Airbus380