RealHigh
Topic Author

Is America Ready To Die For Israel?

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:07 am

As much as I abhor today’s events, is America willing to consider an alternative to its current Middle-East policy? Many Americans don't realize how much there nation is hated or at least not liked because of it's international policy. Today’s events show how serious some groups are about sticking it to the US. People are willing to die to make their cause known. It all comes down to Israel. We have had many fights here in the forums on this topic. Many Americans support Israel manily because of what the media feeds them .
If this escalates to a war, will Americans start to ponder why we unconditionally spoon feed Israel?
I mean really, what has Israel done for the United States?
What vital resource does Israel hold that will lead America to sacrifice her son's & daughters?
I hate to say it but I think Sharon (Israel PM) is just as happy as those Palestinians displayed on CNN.
This will really gain support from the American public to stand by Israel.

What are your opinions?
I hope we can remain civil.

L-188

RE: Is America Ready To Die For Israel?

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:14 am

So Realhigh.....

Did you see any of your relatives dancing and celebrating on the west bank these attacks?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

mirrodie

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:35 am

RealHigh, I don't know anything about you but, OUCH, that had to hurt!

Since you asked, Americans have already died...

today....

using cowardly tactics of some desert nation.

As far as I know, America has yet to purposely attack a non-military target for sheer pleasure, nor have any of our citizens danced in the street after military encounters.

To bad our attacking counterparts weren't equally civil. What cowards. And what does that say for th country that celebrates today's events? It's a country full of hateful cowards.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Alpha 1

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:38 am

An Arab apologist to the end, RealHigh? Americans ARE willing to die to get rid of these scum terrorists. If you're going to blame Israel, you've barked up the wrong country.

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:45 am

You think the US is going to lay down its arms now after thousands killed in the most cowardly attack ever.

If anything, this is a much stronger reason to stand unified with Israel people who commit such atrocities.

It's over for any doubting of Israel's policy of terrorist extermination.

TNNH.

PS: Hope the Palestinians are ready for hell. They got it.

RealHigh
Topic Author

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:57 am

I got 4 dumb responses in a row.
Again, sweeping generalizations about all Palestinians.
You guys are dumb!

I'll wait to an intelligent person can comment on this thread before I come back to this.

Alpha 1

Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:29 am

Gee, RealHigh, we were looking for an intelligent person to start the thread. You're nothing but a PR frontman-an apologist,f or these bastards.

Duce50Boom

What Is Your Problem?

Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:52 am

realhigh, what about the 'sweeping generalizations' you perpetuate by saying that israel is the only nation at fault in the mideast? if you're naive enough to think that the palestinians aren't at least partly at fault then you might want to think about taking a vacation to tel aviv or jerusalem. maybe you can go to a nice restaurant and have your lunch ruined (understatement to say the least) by a suicide bomber.

to say nothing of today's events which are beyond the words to describe. i'm certain that people like you, whose beliefs have no basis in reality and are so rude as to just ignore the reasoning of other people, are ruining this country. i just hope common sense will prevail and that people like you are ignored.

tbar220

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:07 am

Ok, I will try my best to make an "intelligent" response.

Realhigh,

Right now, I don't even know how you can think that Israel will have any involvement in what's happening. I really don't think it all comes down to Israel, in fact, I don't think Israel will have anythign to do with this, except support the U.S. in whatever military action they take. As for what Israel has done for the United States, they have provided military intelligence, high tech equipment, a strong military presense, some sense of calm to the area (just imagine Arab nations squabbling over the land), and the only democracy in the middle east. I don't think the issue is whether the U.S.A. will devote troops to the middle east. After this, you just watch how fast the middle east conflict between the Israelis and Palestinians get blown into the shadows.

I certainly don't think Sharon is happy to see this. This is a terrible act of terrorism, the worst that the world has ever seen. I think it strikes Israel hard too, because they are one of the few nations that have also experienced this kind of terrorism (obviously not on this scale), so they feel for the Americans. I really don't think anybody is happy to see this...well, any major political leaders at least. At least I hope they're not happy to see this.

L-188,

That was a really stupid comment. Her relatives? You basically just told to her face that she is happy that this happened. At least that's what I got out of that comment. You should try not to be filled with such hate and ignorance.

Mirrodie,

Did you read the questions that RealHigh posted? I don't think you did, while your post makes sense, it is not what RealHigh was asking.

Alpha1,

She was not blaming Israel. I am from Israel, and I didn't get offended, and I didn't see any "Israel-blaming" in her post, so don't be so quick to criticize her. Where in her post did she make herself an "Arab apologist to the end?" Pssssh.....

Twaneedsnohelp,

Hope the Palestinians are ready for hell. They got it.

The United States isn't going to go in arms against the Palestinians allied with the Israeli's because there is no proof that it was done by a Palestinian terrorist organization! Why have the Palestinians "asked for it"? I'm glad your not a US military decision maker, you are a little too trigger happy for me.

Alpha 1(again),

You're nothing but a PR frontman-an apologist,f or these bastards.

Just shutup, that's a retarded comment.

Duce50Boom,

Where in this thread did she say that Israel is the only nation at fault in the middle ease? I sure didn't see that anywhere. Oh, and how do you know that the Palestinians are partly at fault for what happened here today? Do you have any proof that the Palestinians were behind it? No, so don't say that.

I guess I should respond to those posts, because you people are upset about what happened (I can obviously understand, I am upset too), and when you are upset you don't think rationally, and when you don't think rationally you start shooting and bombing the first people you can think of to blame.

I hope that was "intelligent" enough Realhigh.

Tzvika

NO URLS in signature

tbar220

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:11 am

Realhigh,

What vital resource does Israel hold that will lead America to sacrifice her son's & daughters?

What vital resource? Israel and the United States are the two leading nations in the world in the fight against terrorism. After what happened today, that is a very important "resource".

And even if you are Palestinian, today you have to think as an American. If it is found out that Palestinians were behind it, what would you think then?
NO URLS in signature

RealHigh
Topic Author

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:18 am

Thanks Tbar220. You proved to be a bigger man than the rest here in this thread. I certainly hope this was not Palistinians involved in this attack. There could be a possibility though. Those of us who are in the United States don't hate the United States. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here.
I just hope that we can someday all live in peace. The world is too small to create enemies.

Tbar220, I wish we could have talked sooner. I have to go now. I may be back tonight or tomorrow.

174thfwff

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:26 am

I hope we bomb them (whoever did this) soon , real soon. I hope they suffer. As for the people dancing in the streets, we should kill them too. Killem All. My post is anti-palestinian, but it should be. My cousion was hurt at the trade center, my dads friends died, Almost 300 emergency personnel -- 78 missing police officers and 200 firefighters -- are presumed dead along with the 266 people on four !!! I am a firefighter.

Those dancing people should die, along with the guilty palestinians
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

tbar220

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:28 am

174thfwff,

Your anger is misdirected. There is no proof whatsoever that Palestinians were behind this. So when you say your post is anti-palestinian and that it should be, that's pretty messed up. There is no need for it to be, you should be concentrating on other things instead of posting hate filled anti-palestinian messages.

NO URLS in signature

mirrodie

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:29 am

Tbar220, the post question was Is America Ready To Die For Israel? I answered appropriately but thanks for trying to correct me.

Realhigh -"Those of us who are in the United States don't hate the United States. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here."

Completely agreed as I am first generation American. But you really opened a can of worms for yourself. You are dealing with wounded Americans (maybe you are Palestine-American, who knows, not the point) and pouring salt on wounds. Maybe if you posted this a few days to weeks later, less anger and surprise at your words would erupt.

you are now dealing with a nation going through all those stress phases: Denial, Anger, acceptance, yada, yada...
and don;t blame US support on "Many Americans support Israel manily because of what the media feeds them" the same can be said of palestinians.

Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

174thfwff

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:40 am

Well I am still very very upset about the whole thing. My dad is driving down there now. How about talking to my dad about having his college buddies, the ones that we travel with on big trips, go fishing with, or go to a Yankee Game with, and clients? Wanna talk to him about the people cheering in the streets because some terrorists killed at lease a few thousand people? People I know, people I love?

Ok, try to back up those people. Go on. You know as well as I do that Palestinian people Hate americans. I am a fire fighter, I have some connections. I AM ON STAND-BY FOR THE RESCUE EFFORT IN NYC!

mirrodie

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:41 am

As I listen to our President, I'm reminded:

All countries are spoonfed information so spare me your words.

Lastly, a comment on your note: "What are your opinions? I hope we can remain civil."

Opinions are just that, so try not to get all wet when people react or disagree to your nonsense. I question your attempt at "civil" when you call others' opinions dumb.

Perhaps you will mature one day.

174thfwff

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:14 am

Who are you talking to duce?

Ady

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:43 am

Its not just Israel,
its everything the US represents to the whole world, liberty, economy, democracy, etc
And what really pissed me off is when I saw those Palestinians celebrating, lets face it as bad as it gets, the entire world would be alot better if Palestine was nothing more than a crater. That country has not only given us trouble, its given the UK and a whole lot of other nations shit for the longest of time.
If u ever feel depressed about urself, just remember that at one time you were the most vicious sperm in ur group.

174thfwff

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:49 am

Yes Ady, that is what I was trying to get at. But you hit it on the head.

I am sure there are awesome Palestinians, but right now, I hate em all.

Trvlr

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:51 am

RealHigh: Although I'd rather not mention it, as it doesn't really lead to anything constructive, I need to expose your hypocrisy with this post. Why do you suggest, with this post, that this is a result of the Arab-Israeli conflict? Since those who would commit such an act that are on the anti-Israeli and US side of the conflict are overwhelming part of Islamic fundamentalist groups, you are therefore insinuating someone related to them or they themselves orchestrated and carried out these atrocities.

I know that obviously nobody knows at this moment who commited these heinous crimes. And I am very dissapointed those who started the rumor that the DFLP carried this out. Only time and investigation will truly tell.

As to your other points, I will have to disagree with most. Israel and the United States have an enormous mutual relationship in their economies, military and political activities, and culturally/scientifically as well. I summarily agree with Tzvika on this point, as well as most others. Israel, for (very pertinent) example, leads the world in the science of rescuing victims of terrorism. One will note that whenever there is a major terrorist attack/other major disaster in the world, Israeli rescue teams are among the first and most active sent to the disaster site.

Aaron G.

tbar220

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:58 am

Israel has already sent a plane full of rescue workers to the United States. I'm guessing it is an El Al aircraft chartered by the military, making the non-stop flight to NY.
NO URLS in signature

Duce50Boom

Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:05 am

i was talking about tbar220

174thfwff

Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:25 am

ok, I thought you were, but I was thinking maybe you were talking to me.

Wed Sep 12, 2001 5:41 pm

dear 174thwff

I can't believe all this to be reality, it is like the end of the world, it is the beginning of the end.
all these terrible images coming from the most extraordinary city of the most wonderful country are just unbearable; it makes me sick, it's not conceivable.

thousands of lives devastated, with such sufferings, thousands of families decimated, it's apocalyptic.

it's a day of mourning in Israel, it should be so worldwide. I can't cope with all this

and so many rescue personnel who rushed to help and were annihilated under these giant towers. I'm crying, right now while writing this

love to you, to your father and all his fellow heroes fighting in this unbelievable inferno.

Aussiemite

RE: What Is Your Problem?

Wed Sep 12, 2001 6:27 pm

Do a bit of research into Isreals dilemma.

After WW2 Britian wrote in new international boarders.
This is why the arabs are so pissed off.

As far as what does Isreal do for you. Half your military technology is reserched & developed in Isreal.

Wed Sep 12, 2001 6:30 pm

Today, what I saw on the news here is very shock. I hardly cannot believe it. Here when I watch the news also, I couldn't get my eyes off from TV. The Korean Broadcasting System and other Korean TV broadcasting systems are showing this accident all day long.

I heard that when people from Arabic or Middle East area country when boarding US airline carriers, they(Security staffs) are very stricted about body checking because of hijacking such as if they are carrying guns or weapons. But the security didn't seems notice anything wrong with them. WHat does this mean? Does this mean US securities actually didn't care them at all/ 4 planes went down.
About Palastyne(if I spell correctly or not) and Israel, they are still both busy fighting each other and I do not think that they dare even thought about bombing the building at US. SO I do not think they do this at all.

I heard that to fly near Pentagon area is restricted. But I'm wondering HOW did hell an airplane access to fly over Pentagon area. If Pentagon knew such an aircraft flies near by they could fire missiles or something...

go canada!

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:44 pm

Real high, to be honest I pray you are removed from airliners for this folly.

you are nothing but a pro-arab supporter who no doubt thought america got what it deserved.

what would you like george bush to do?bombing the arabs with flower petals?

perhaps you could get the UN peacekeepers to do a merry dance and join in your friends jumping up and down and giving children sweets.
i bet you sitting there, smug, thinking that you cant be wrong, that your liberial views make you enlightern and its the rest of us being idiots.

if you knew americans and they were killed in this, would you still be so pro arab that you might as well be buried in baghdad?

israel has a right to exist and no matter how much you bleat on its always going to survive.

The USA and the uK will always survive because they have right and justice on their side.

the sickerning use of the islamic faith as an excuse to murder is dreadful.

so is blaming this on israel, mind you i knew you would do this.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

go canada!

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:46 pm

for more objective view please see the thread titled

America And Palestine Please Read
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

KROC

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:55 pm

What I want to know is why is Isreal at fault for everything wrong in the Middle East. Isreal and the US that is. You mean to tell me that the Isrealies shoudl not have there own Jewish country? I feel the palestinians should have there own as well, but killing innocent people 5,000 miles away is not the answer.

SQ325

Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:02 pm

"I mean really, what has Israel done for the United States?"

Israel is the only country in the middle east the USA can call a allied nation.
For sure after yesterdays happenings the US government must think about their foreign policy.
But it is wrong to break up with Israel, what did they do?
What happened yesterday is not only a problem for the USA it is a problem for the entire civilized world.
And the now following actions, however they will look, they must be discussed with all allied countrys to find a solution that won't lead into an escalation.

Lowsonboy

Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:58 pm

Can you guys all just calm down please!

No-one knows yet who is responsible for this out this terrible cowardly attack. The pictures of people in Jerusalem celebrating were horrific, I can't understand people who have so little respect for human life. But on the BBC they said this was a minority of people and in Gaza and on the West Bank they were apparently as shocked as all civilised people in the world.

Let us also please not get away from the horrendous loss of life yesterday, that is the most important thing. May the all rest in peace.

jwenting

Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:08 pm

Whoever is responsible, praising the attackers either openly or covertly is sick.
And even hinting that the USA or Israel did this to secure future support for Israel is not just sick, it is as low as staging the attacks yourself.
I wish I were flying

wn700driver

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:32 pm

Although there is no conclusive evidence that The Jewish State is in anyway involved, there do need to be some fundemental changes. I'm not sayng that we shouldn't turn Afganistan into a radio-active slag pit, but the idea that my daughter might one day be hurt or killed just because the Jews can't seem to go a whole ten minutes without being hated makes me sick.
I'm truly sorry if this offends, but the bottom line is that some dying religion or way of life 7,000km east of here is NOT WORTH our personal saftey in America, Europe & Elsewhere in the world. Should we bomb Palastine or Afganistan (or whom ever is responsible for this)? Hell yeah. And it should be done with the most awful chemical weapons we have available. And maybe dust off some of those do-nothing nukes and put them to good use as well.
But, whom ever allowed this pain to be brought here (most likely Isreal) ought to be severley punished as well. Like I said, my daughter's life is worth so much more than a few stupid, antiquated religions (that no one in the western world pays more than lip service to anyways). So, no, I would sumbit that what is available in the USA should not be endangered in anyway because of a small nation that most americans resent (at best) anyways. Peace to all (excepting those who know who they are...we'll find you)
Base not your happiness on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No Hope = No Fear

Trvlr

Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:05 pm

WN700Driver: That's rather like saying we shouldn't have gotten involved in the European theatre of World War II if the Germans had launched air raids on our soil.

Just to put it in perspective for you...

Aaron G.

wn700driver

Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:22 pm

OK Aaron G, that is a good point,

But I think I am a little misunderstoood here. We should clean this mess up, but after that...cut them the hell off. The problem here is not unlike being in a gang, let's say, and having that one little guy who's always shooting his big mouth off and then getting everyone in trouble with the other gang (a la Joe Pesci's character in 'Goodfellas'). Yes we should clean our wounds, and most deffinately destroy those responsible, but I don't see why we should let someone drag us into this awful place again. Like said before, I simply don't care about Mideast politics enough to put my family at risk over the issue. So, naturally I (and most people I know) want that risk to go away (like the way an insurance co will drop you if you have too many road accidents/citations)
Base not your happiness on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No Hope = No Fear

Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:41 pm

oh no, you're well understood, but you're so sick!

where from can you find so much venominous and stupid inventivity in such a terrible and shocking situation?????;
tens of thousands of people have been killed in the worst manner, that's impossible to conceive.
and you are continuing to spread your shit.

btw: if you think that by abandoning Israel and "allowing" Iran to annihilate it in a few years Americans will be safe, you're just blind. EVERY non- Muslim is an "infidel", you too.

VirginA340

Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:29 am

Real high; You will be banned soon. You're lucky your not here in NYC because I've got a batallion of Fireman who are willing to kick your ass. Right now I'm willing to join the service and kill those who are clebrating the deaths of people in my city. As a man who has witnessed the carnage I'm shocked that Terrorism has gotten this far. Can't wait for GWB to bomb your ass along with you Hamas, Hezblalah and Bin Laden Sypathyers.
"FUIMUS"

Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:37 am

I wish you courage, VirginA340
the number of annihilated lives is uncatchable

and in addition to the "direct" victims, there are so many rescue people who are dead because they rushed to the towers to provide help without second thoughts, just to try to save others

my God, all this is unbearable

wn700driver

Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:01 am

PS Toda, this threa IS about the subject of continued support for the Jewish State, hence the tittle. So don't try to change the subject again.

"tens of thousands of people have been killed in the worst manner, that's impossible to conceive.
and you are continuing to spread your shit. "

All I am "spreading" as you intelligently put it (read:smart as a broom), is the now very popular idea that maybe we shouldn't support Isreal anymore. Bottom line: WE DONT WANT OR NEED TO BE MARTYRS FOR YOUR CAUSE. If you can't understand this simple fact, just don't respond. You do not live here, we do not need your sympathy, especially if you will continue to temper that with sympathy for Isreal (who has suffered an estimated 1/100th the amount of casualties to terrorism that we now have).

As far as Iran goes, if they ever become a problem for us, we can always nuke them too. But if they become a problem for you, your on your own friend.

Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:09 am

I don't want to answer you

just remember that "djihad" is not only aimed against Jews and their friends, but against anyone who is not Muslim...

even if Israel disappear, bin laden and tha mollahs won't let you in peace
if you want to have friendly relations with these mollahs and ayathollah, you'll have to live as a dhimi

don't forget, Israel is only the small Satan, America is the Great one

but you, you are a shame for your great country

wn700driver

Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:15 am

Once again, foriegner, until you can understand the point of view, don't respond. You don't live here; you saw all of this ona TV, probably very comfortably & deffinatley very far removed.
And by the way, people like ARE what make this country great. People like you insure that Isreal & where you live will always be out of the way at best. Peace to all, except you.

advancedkid

RE:WN700Driver Is America Ready To Die For Israel?

Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:17 am

Hi there,
I agree with you on everything but the tone
and language. However, I understand your getting
mad about some of us here with arrogant attitudes.
I honestly and firmly believe, the source of all
evil is the current US military/financial support
of foreign governments anywhere, including
Israel. And we/they know darn well, they won't
even survive a day without US backing.
I say let US keep our money in our pockets
and then there will be peace.
Honestly, in reality it's all about business
and interests rather than justice and honesty.
Regards.
Advanced

wn700driver

Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:36 am

AdvanceKid

Yeah I pretty much agree about the hostility level. It's just that I was suddenly confronted with the need to pull my daughter out of our newly flaming Corvette about 29 hours ago. We were at Greenwitch & Carlisle when the second plane, the UAL 762 (man, I could tell that right away she was so low; you could clearly see the silver patches UAL leaves on the belly), hit the tower. She's ok now, thank god, but only after 23 stitches (and a lot of candy, o/c). And still we are picking small pieces of glass and dust out of hair every now & again. That & I still haven't heard from my wife yet (I am sure I will soon though).
So to hear from that little $hit that we should continue supproting the most likely cause of this?? Well easy for him to say. I just think that their cause is NOT worth our blood & sufferings. I also think that at a time like this, he just needs to keep hs mouth shut (after all when was the last time any one of us made snide remarks about them not doing enough this & that for us when Isreal gets bombed? Anyways, I gotta run. Keep the peace

LY744

Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:14 am

WN700Driver:
Your replies have been disgusting, and I'm not talking about your views on the ME conflict. The last 30 or so hours have been tough on all of us, some of us more than others, that doesn't mean we should let ourselves get out of control.
You are very concerned about the rights of Palestinians, but now you say that you want the US to use chemical weapons to destroy whatever country the attack originated from.

Advancekid:
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Israel will suffocate as soon as the US stops supporting them. You talk a lot but you can't support anything you say with proof.

For all of you out there, if you think that the US will not be targeted if it stops supporting Israel, you are wrong.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

wn700driver

Thu Sep 13, 2001 6:04 am

LY, someone should cut your fingers off for typing that. You are not an adult, this didn't happen right on top of you, and further more, you are letting previous disagreements cloud your judgement.

You outta know by now, being concerned for Palastinians is one thing (what your people perpetuate on a daily basis is not much better than what happened to us yesterday; absolutely dispicable), but that does not excuse whom ever has commited this act from a horrible death. The fact that you cannot discriminate between the two (and see the alignment involved), speakes volumes to your ignorance and likely stupidity. I'm serious, you probably have to be as smart as a bag of hammers to think that way, don't you? Just in case you think you are right about this (you are probably dumb enough to do just that), I dare you to come on down here to the big apple and tell the first person you see what a great idea it is to continue to send money to that tin-pot dictatorship you love so. You'll probably end up on a stretcher too.
It was your people who started that conflict, so once that has happened, it doesn't matter which side brought it here. Whether they meant for this to happen is of absolutely no consequence to me (and hundreds of millions of Americans.) Seriously, perhaps you'd like to come on down here to this waiting room and explain to the injured, dying, and those waiting to hear from missing loved ones that Isreal can't be held resposible. It's not like they beat their minority so hard against the wall that the only recourse they have is lashing out in this manner. No, I guess in your reality such things aren't possible are they? Well, whatever your fault or not, this is the beginning of the end. If they don't get cut off alltogether, you can bet that the flood of money that goes over there will quickly devolve to a stream of piss when Americans start to learn that betting o the wrong horse can have distastrous consequences

As for you LY, just don't even talk to me. Your black & white view of the situation is as appalling as your utter lack of integrity (read: the self-honesty needed to understandthe situation fully before shooting you big mouth off).
I'll bet anything you'd turn your star in in a heartbeat if some fool took out a big chunk of Montreal that way

Make no mistake about it, no $$ from USA=No Isreal.

For the record, as has been stated in other threads, it really isn't Isreal I have an axe to grind with now. Sure as hell, the should be cut off, and maybe even have their deffenses (read: offensive capability), muted somewhat. But whether it was the Afghans, the PLO (which I doubt; or else Arafat is one hell of an actor [he looked worse than I did yesterday, and I was there!], AND has a lot more money then has ever been revealed), or the Red Chinese, or little green men, or who the F*ck ever, I think war (and lots of it) is a perfectly reasonable response.

redngold

Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:14 am

When our nation is directly attacked without warning or provocation, we will fight for it.

Supporting Israel with money and politics is not provocation, RealHigh.

We are a very pissed off nation right now.

redngold
Up, up and away!

tbar220

Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:25 am

Let me get this straight what your saying WN700,

You're saying that Israel is responsible for this by starting the conflict in the middle east.

You're saying that Israel should be punished for this bombing.

You're saying that the Palestinians should be punished for this bombing.

Correct me if I'm wrong without getting mad or insulting me.
NO URLS in signature

Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:30 am

I'm afraid I agree with RealHigh on this...

FlyBoeing

Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:39 am

The U.S should not change its policies based on what terrorists do. The U.S should change its policies based on what American citizens want and communicate to their elected officials.

WN700driver, to say that terrorists can dictate U.S policy is to say that violence DOES change things. And it shouldn't.

After today, there will be no more Americans dying in terrorist attacks. We'll simply have to become as vigilant as the Israelis, British, and French are. The trick is to do that without compromising American democracy. And to prevent this America has to cool down the situation in the Middle East. If that means eating a little crow and actually jerking the Israelis into line, so be it. The Israelis have been acting to excess. Whether that excessive force has more than 1% to do with this attack, I can't say. I figure that 99% of it is from the following reasons:

1) The terrorists see America as the Great Satan
2) The terrorists are wacko
3) The terrorists took advantage of security checkpoints manned by low wage personnel.

The problem is that jerking the Israelis into line requires that their actions in the West Bank be linked to U.S aid, and I don't think that is the case. They can easily prosecute that battle without American Hellfires; they've got the technology and most of it is straight infantry work. U.S aid mainly consists of high tech items to prevent the Syrians from coming across.

LY744

Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:41 am

WN700Driver:
There you go with "your people" again. I cannot ignore previous "disagreements". I'm very sorry that I have bothered you with my existence. I can see how hard it is for you to have a civilized discussion with an inferior human like myself. How exactly did Israel survive between 1948 and 1967? The US did not give Israel a penny during that time period. You have no right to criticize me for having black and white views. You read my replies in the ME threads, you know its not true.
Anyways, don't worry, I will not reply to your posts anymore, I don't need this crap. Besides, you have made an asshole out of yourself without any assistance from me.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it