Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:37 pm

hey
do any new yorkers use this forum
reply back and tell us how u feel and how it has affected u
god be with us

KROC

RE: New Yorkers Answer

Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:49 pm

I'm a New Yorker, but a Western New Yorker, so i porobably don't count. But as a whole, yesterdays events will affect everyone for a long time, if not forever.

QuadstarA343E!

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:22 pm

I'm about 30 miles away from the city... I can see the NYC buildings wondering outside the windows, it looks pretty empty now. Just a cloud of smoke covering the other side of the city. Helicopters, and military jetfighters here and there. Looks like NYC got bombed. People are very "unusually" calm , but again terrified and scared. It's like a movie..

mirrodie

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:30 pm

Well, I'm here.

My friend is the chief engineer at WTC. He called in last night and is safe. My other friend was a Firefighter whose company was based across the street for WTC. He was safe as of 3 PM.

It hits home, many of our mothers, fathers, sons, daughters and spouses and friends are still missing. just keep hope and pray alive.

I keep wondering how we failed so miserably. It takes shit like this to appreciate the little things and forget the Emmys, sports , etc.

More importantly, we forget that this was the WORLD TRADE CENTER. The spotlight in on NY but the world's fheart soul and finance has been toppled. In a very symbolic attack, they used our innocence against us (civilians, airliners, commercial places). Not a bullet or missle used.
Thanks.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

milldoh

Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:55 pm

I grew up on Long Island, now I live directly across the Hudson river from NYC. There used to be a tremendous view of the entire skyline from a park along the river.

Many of my friends and friends parents work in and around the world trade center. Fortunately most made it out. But as of right now, a friend who grew up around the block from me is still missing. I can only hope he is ok.

But it will take a hell of a lot more than this to change new york.

VirginA340

Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:23 am

I pray that most had made it out of the building before the collapse. I'm sure most were evacuated. There were hardly any one on the street after the buildings toppled but I pray more survivors are found where the concousre and train levels are. The death toll is high enough hope it doesn't go higher. The skyline has been changed forever. It'll take years for all of us to get over this. In Brooklyn a few of my relatives wondered what'll be in it's place years down the line? A memeorial like in Oklahoma or another big building that survive such attacks and will be much much stronger.
"FUIMUS"

Delta717

Fri Sep 14, 2001 5:10 am

It's gone? I still can't get over it. I live on Long Island, 30 miles east of the city, and to watch where the great giants stood, burning, was just too painful. Now when you see the skyline, there won't be anything there to see. Just the Empire State Building. The World Trade Center is gone-so are 10s of thousands of fellow New Yorkers, and 336 of NY's bravest. VirginA340 is right-don't rebuild it-make it a memorial like Oklahoma City. A big part of New York AND America is gone-thanks to a couple of cold-blooded, heartless ****ers.

flyguy1

Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:29 am

I live in Queens, and the smoke was very visible the last few days. My father, and many of my friends at work, were witnesses to the second plane crash. A friend of mine, along with my cousin, ran many blocks trying to flee from the smoke that engulfed the area. Lukcily they werent in the WTC at the time, though they both worked there.
It is just unreal how much life here in the city has changed. My old school is 3 blocks from the WTC, and from pictures I saw, the annex was badly damaged. I cant find anyone that wasnt in touch with a victim, or survivor. One nice thing, is all the US flags that are being flown now. There was a redcross drive at school, and many people were donating. Not much more I can say...
Greg
727, L1011, MD80, A300, 777-200, 737-300, 737-700, 747-400, 757-200, 737-800, A320. E190, E135, 767-200, CRJ9

mirrodie

Rebuild

Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:39 am

Though we are light years away from any notion of what will replace the WTC, I think another taller more magnificent structure should go up, along with a memorial rooftop observatory.

Rebuild our buildings and our spirit.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st