meister808

Thank You- To The Rest Of The World.

Sat Sep 15, 2001 10:56 am

As an American, I am still sick thinking of the events of Tuesday, September 11, 2001. It is clearly on the minds of all Americans, and it is awesome, as a teenage American, to see for the first time American nationalism at it's best.

But this is to everyone else out there who feels the pain.. who is also sickened; who prays, to whatever they believe in, that this would not have happened, and for the strength of the United States. Thank all of you.. America is humbled by your support.

God Bless-And good hunting.

-Meister
Twin Cessna 812 Victor, Minneapolis Center, we observe your operation in the immediate vicinity of extreme precipitation

us330

RE: Thank You- To The Rest Of The World.

Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:21 pm

I would like to echo his statement and add that it almost brought me to tears hearing "The Star Spangled Banner" being played outside Buckingham Palace, and other stories, like how an American flag was suspended from Edinburgh castle.

tupolev154b2

Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:27 pm

Yes, I feel incredibly humbled by the world's expression of solidarity with the U.S. The last time that I can think of when the U.S. paid tribute to a tragedy outside of its borders is when the death of Di occurred in 1997, in which flags all around the country were flown at half-staff.

Thank you very much for your compassion in these hard times.

Klaus

Sun Sep 16, 2001 1:04 pm

Meister808: As an American, I am still sick thinking of the events of Tuesday, September 11, 2001. It is clearly on the minds of all Americans, and it is awesome, as a teenage American, to see for the first time American nationalism at it's best.

Don´t let them get you down!

Just a tiny little thing: I´d rather say patriotism (love of your home country) there, as nationalism has a very negative connotation to it (contempt for all other countries). As a german, nationalism gives me the creeps...

skyhawk

Mon Sep 17, 2001 5:05 am

To any and all who may choose to read these responses, thank you for the concern you have shown to our country this past week. Please don't let it stop, for things are going to be difficult for a long time to come. May God bless all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers. God bless America!

blink182

Mon Sep 17, 2001 5:54 am

I too will second US330. it makes me unbelievably proud to be an American, and know that we have other countries looking out for us.
Also, because of this, I feel that I have united with "the guy next door" because we are Americans. We have come together and it is times like these that define the true American Spirit.

I was at a football game friday night and I heard the US National Anthem, the singer wasn't that great(my school was the away team) but just hearing it almost brought tears to my eyes, and I think many others feel the same way(about tears, not the singer).
God bless America.
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:25 am

I would like to echo his statement and add that it almost brought me to tears hearing "The Star Spangled Banner" being played outside Buckingham Palace, and other stories, like how an American flag was suspended from Edinburgh castle.

Yes. I agree. It also brought tears to my eyes:-,(

I went out to go buy a big flag but I don't think there are any left in the entire state.