chris28_17

New Terrorism

Wed Sep 19, 2001 4:14 am

i just thought i would pass along something to think about....

We are all worried about secure air travel, car bombs, etc... but what if these people (who are very computer competent) unload a computer virus on us? Think about it, a deadly computer virus could basically shut down the country and cause all kinds of havoc. Not to mention, None of us expects it!!

granted, not murdering people isnt the "style" of these people, but i wouldnt put it past them..

careful what email you read, theres some pissed off people out there that want to ruin your life in any way they can... just a friendly warning.

CHRIS

JetService

RE: New Terrorism

Wed Sep 19, 2001 4:57 am

Chris, I would suspect that could be done in conjunction with other terror acts to wreck our commerce. It shouldn't be tossed aside as something insignificant.
"Shaddap you!"

Klaus

Wed Sep 19, 2001 5:25 am

Please don´t get me wrong, but we´ve just had it in the ZDF ("Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen") news that a new, very aggressive virus has just been detected. It alledgedly spreads through the Internet Explorer.

So if you haven´t done that, already, you might want to disable active scripting and other non-essential add-on stuff, or, better yet, use another browser.

Please note: No connection to the terrorists has been found or even alledged so far! Just stay calm, use a different browser if possible and take care!

(I´m quite safe with ICab on the Mac, I guess... Wink/being sarcastic)

b757300

Wed Sep 19, 2001 5:45 am

I bet 9-11-01 was their best effort @ bringing down the United States. They should read a little more history. Nothing angers the American people more than a sneak attack on their own soil.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

JetService

Wed Sep 19, 2001 6:13 am

B757300, I hope you're right. I wonder if they put all their eggs in one basket last Tuesday.

Klaus, I'm on a Mac also. Isn't it nice to have to worry so much less about those things?  Smile
"Shaddap you!"

LN-OJB

Wed Sep 19, 2001 7:53 am

Don´t open any mails which include "readme.exe" filename, or other .exe´s. Delete them.

Klaus

JetService, Ln-ojb

Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:56 am

JetService: Klaus, I'm on a Mac also. Isn't it nice to have to worry so much less about those things?

Oooohhh yeahBig grin

Ln-ojb: Don´t open any mails which include "readme.exe" filename, or other .exe´s. Delete them.

I just recently got my first virus! (somthing.xls.com)
It´s still sitting on my Mac disk in it´s quarantine folder and is probably wondering when it´s finally being run. (How about never!!! ?  Smile)