PanAm747
Topic Author

My Rant For Today...

Tue Sep 25, 2001 11:09 am

I hate the SAT, ACT, LSAT, GRE and everything else.

I can't believe this stuff!

This is nothing but a company taking your money while you are going to college.

I need to get my old SAT scores from about 3 years ago for this program I am applying to and this stuff sucks.

First of all I need to pay them about $500 to get my scores.
But to actually ask them for my scores, I have to register online and give them my information (basically they'll sell my information to marketing companies) and I have to call them as a TOLL call, which adds about $20.

But first why do I even have to take this test?

When I took it in High School I did VERY BADLY on it. They said your score predicted your life and it looked like I was going nowhere.

That isn't the case now, I'll be graduating soon in Aerospace Engineering and will go into graduate school for an Masters in Science and an MBA.

I hate this crap, it just goes to show you people will find any way to make a buck off of you.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

DC10Tony

RE: My Rant For Today...

Tue Sep 25, 2001 11:25 am

Standardized test scores are just a test of your aptitude for college admissions counselors to examine.

I used to work in the office of admission and they care more about what you did in 4 years than in 4 hours.

If you're in college why do you need your SAT scores?

PanAm747
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2001 11:31 am

>>If you're in college why do you need your SAT scores?<<

I have to either send them these scores or wait to take the GRE. So I think I'll just send these in.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

skyhawk

Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:26 pm

If your are not over 20, how are you going to graduate school already? And where?

SSTjumbo

Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:40 pm

I don't know, so this is my signature.