a380

What Do Girls Like?

Fri Sep 28, 2001 11:48 pm

Folks, I'd seen so many posts, saying girls like a guy's character not look, wealth, blah blah blah. However, if you don't dress in Armani, don't drive a Bimmer, it's always harder to 'open the door'. If you can't open the door, how to show to the girl you have good character??  Confused

Well this sorta happened to me lately. Simply put, I wanted to date that girl, she said we could only be friends, yada yada. Now she kind of showed her true colours: she asked would I buy a BMW, Audi or Volvo. Why? His bf wants to buy one! Well, I guess his bf is richer than my CEO, my CEO only drives a Sebring convertible Big grin

For those of you in high school who said you don't have a gf, try look at me. I'm in my late-twenties, never have a gf, I know I do not dress particulary well, have to stick with my puny Toyota because I have no money and no job security (in view of the economic climate) Big grin

Sorry to everyone for the rant, but I feel comfortable to speak out in a.net with you guys  Smile

Superfly

RE: What Do Girls Like?

Sat Sep 29, 2001 1:30 am

>I'm in my late-twenties, never have a gf,

You can have one of mine! Big grin

Just kidding!  Smile

When dealing with the opposite sex, idealism and logic goes out the window. As far as girls going after the guys with expensive toys, stay way from those type. They are nothing but trouble. Whare are you looking?
I would think you would have an easy time up there in Toronto. Most Canadian ladies I met were really cool and less superficial than the hob-nobbing materialistic sluts we have down here.

Bring back the Concorde

a380

Superfly

Sat Sep 29, 2001 1:46 am

May I e-mail you?

I would say thank you for sharing all your photos with us!  Big thumbs up

Superfly

A380

Sat Sep 29, 2001 2:04 am

Sure!

You welcome. I love talking about airplanes & women. Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

Stretch 8

Sat Sep 29, 2001 2:07 am

be a gentleman, tell the truth, and show her respect at all times. Also, keep your stomach flat, don't go bald, and lengthen your dick to at least 8 inches.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Jaspike

Sat Sep 29, 2001 2:12 am

Or 9, like me Big thumbs up

Superfly

Sat Sep 29, 2001 2:13 am

Stretch 8:
>Also, keep your stomach flat

He isn't in LA. Why should we have to look fit when they're only interested in our bank accounts?
If he can't reach at least 8", well there ain't much advice I can give. Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

Stretch 8

Sat Sep 29, 2001 2:15 am

A Brit with a nine incher? God save the Queen!
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Lindy

Sat Sep 29, 2001 2:32 am

Shit, I'm not going for girls that are "materialistic sluts" anymore. I've lerned my lessons. (over $20.000 in debt hehehehehe). I was buying shit for girls, spending money left and right. But now I have only one girlfriend, I never bought her anything except of 60 rosses for her B-Day and few burgers from BK hehehehehe
Well, I know now that she likes me for me not my money.
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Turbolet

Sat Sep 29, 2001 4:49 am

Dammit dammit dammit. I love talking about girls!! No luck with them though.
-turbolet

CPDC10-30

RE: Superfly

Sat Sep 29, 2001 5:59 am

I've had girls interested in me a few times (but if you know anything about me....you know they don't have a chance...my bf would be rather cross  Smile ). About four times its come up through research projects at university that I've worked on and once at work.

So I guess if you show you are hardworking, dedicated and loyal etc working on something they equate that as to personal qualities that you'll carry in a relationship...at least thats what one former admirer told me.

There are the sluts that stayed in the tanning bed so long they look like a thanksgiving turkey...there's no shortage of them in Toronto. Just look past them to the stronger personalities. There are lots of lovely ladies out there. Cars and clothes don't have much to do with it unless you want the turkey girls.

lubcha132

Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:30 am

BE YOURSELF

Superfly

Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:44 am

CPDC10-30 & Lubcha132 sumed it all up!  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

VirginLover

Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:49 am

Even as a high school student, I don't go after guys with the "money", money doesn't prove anything, and I've never once taken into consideration how rich a guy (or in my case, how rich his family) is. Looks aren't even all that important to me either. The guy i'm after now is definitely a looker, but that's just a bonus for me. The previous guys I dated some friends made fun of me "he's so ugly", but you know what? One kid ugly in 8th grade that I dated got to be pretty damn good looking in 11th! Don't give up hope, there's girls for you out there.

toady

Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:55 am

Money, money & money!!!
Sure, all the 'other things' count too but it all boils down to bucks.
Look around at all your married/coupled friends; ignore their current financial situation and ask how many of them got together when she earned more than he did.
As a very broad generalisation, women want men who can PROVIDE.
And, of course, there's no such thing as an ugly rich man Smile

lehpron

Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:02 am

I was picked on from the 1st grade and to avoid being a moving target, I had to act like other people. How are you supposed to be yourself if you never were?

Girls go after a profile of guys in their mind, and it ain't me!
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

SophieMaltese

Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:51 am

Of course there is such a thing as an ugly rich man! I used to think that money was very important. Now I don't. Yeah, money is nice, but who wants to spend time with a guy with a BMW if he's boring as hell or an ass?

mirrodie

Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:55 am

I agree with just about it all here.

Funny posts though. Maybe we can get a few women to respond and show us up?

No matter what we tell you A380, you will have some weird experiences. Just have fun with lots of girls and I swear you'll start to narrow down what YOU want.

I too am in the my mid twenties, just graduated with mucho loans to pay off, but actually found a chick WHEN I WASN'T LOOKING.

Have fun, sleep around and have a good time. The rest falls into place. I stopped trying.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st