ly772

Austrian/Israeli Soccer Match Delayed

Fri Oct 05, 2001 5:26 am

Israel vs. Austria has been delayed from this Sunday to the fifth of November due to "the actions that occured today in the Black Sea" said an Austrian spokesman. What does this have to do with anything? A commercial airplane took off from Ben Gurion International Airport (Near the National Stadium) and crashed in the Black Sea after being shot down by a Ukranian missle (I think that's what CNN is saying).

The Austrians have been looking for a good reason not to play the Israelis, because I think they're scared! Which ever team wins, goes on to the World Cup 2002 in South Korea and Japan.

Anyways, FIFA and UEFA granted them to postpone the game.

This Sunday, I was to go to the game and spend the day in Tel Aviv (In Israel, Sunday is a weekday, but this Sunday is a holliday: Sukkot). Oh, and 05/11 is on a Monday, when I DO HAVE SCHOOL. Thank you Austria, for F***ing up my plans.

Rickster

RE: Austrian/Israeli Soccer Match Delayed

Fri Oct 05, 2001 5:19 pm

mmmm, you´re right i´m kind of speechless about this decission linking it to yesterday´s plane crash. Anyway i gave up watching Austrian soccer games since decades because of this idiotic bla bla arguments after loosing one game after the other.
Greetings Rickster

klmfan

Wed Oct 10, 2001 1:42 am

Why didn't they play the game somewhere else? In Germany maybe?

Wed Oct 10, 2001 2:13 am

it's always an advantage for a team to play "at home".

Rickster

Wed Oct 10, 2001 3:11 am

and "ours" are peeing their pants full.....

ryanb741

Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:01 am

Interestingly, Chelsea have confirmed they will travel to Tel Aviv for their UEFA cup match as planned. Colin Hutchinson, their MD said he was satisfied with the security arrangements put in place by the Israeli security services, and is perfectly happy for the team to play in Israel.

Seems the Austrians were more worried, even though Chelsea have more 'stars' in their side. Even Chelsea's Muslim players are going (Babayaro and Jokanevic)
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?