deltaownsall

Travelling To Singapore And Bali?

Sat Oct 06, 2001 10:38 am

Hey everyone- I am scheduled to take SQ to Singapore, Japan, and Bali next year. My question is this...Is it safe for Americans to travel in Singapore and Bali? Do you think that there would be any extremists there that would possibly conduct violent acts on Americans? Any info is greatly appreciated!  Big thumbs up
DeltaOwnsAll

ryu2

RE: Travelling To Singapore And Bali?

Sat Oct 06, 2001 10:51 am

I was just in Singapore less than a month ago, and in Malaysia as well, which is similar to Bali.

No, they are both very civilized and touristy places, where many Westerners, including Americans, go on holiday -- you will have no problems.

kaitakfan

Sat Oct 06, 2001 11:04 am

Singapore and Japan will be fine. I would think bali to be ok as well since it is very tourist focused. Indonesia is a odd story though. There is always so much uprising and inner battles going on, such as the massive amounts of lifes lost in borneo awhile back... however I think Bali should be just fine for you! I bet when you go you will be ready to change that DeltaOwnsAll in favour of something more along the lines of Singapore Airlines superiority over delta!! Have fun!

Cheers!
Brian

L1011

Sat Oct 06, 2001 2:14 pm

I'm making my fifth trip to Singapore this December, and I have no worries whatsoever about my safety. On past trips I have felt safer there than in my own city and neighborhood. I don't think that will change.

Bob Bradley
Richmond, VA
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B

Airbus A380

Sun Oct 07, 2001 12:33 am

You are assured that you will be safe in Singapore. However, I may not be certain of the happenings in Bali, although so far there have been no reports of foreigners being harassed or threatened in Bali.

Should you be in Singapore very soon, you could very well see armed Army Officers patrolling the Changi Airport compound, as a precautionary measure in the wake of the September 11 attacks.

We Singaporeans Welcomes Anyone From Anywhere To Visit Singapore Anytime!!

deltaownsall

Sun Oct 07, 2001 1:04 am

Thanks for the info everyone...can't wait to go to singapore! It really sounds great...like the safest city in the world or something  Big thumbs up
DeltaOwnsAll

SIA fan

Sun Oct 07, 2001 9:01 am

Bali is perfectly safe. Enjoy your stay in the island of Gods.
SQ*G BD*S