ryanb741

Breaking News - AL Qaeda Admits Responsibility

Wed Oct 10, 2001 6:35 am

On BBC news 24 the Al Jazeera news channel quoted an Al Qaeda spokesman as saying that 'the hijackings will not stop'. If this is ratified (and Al Jazeera is a very reliable station) then this amounts to an admission of responsibility.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

ryanb741

RE: Breaking News - AL Qaeda Admits Responsibility

Wed Oct 10, 2001 6:41 am

Further quote from Al Qaeda:

'There are thousands of young Muslims who look forward to death like the Americans look forward to life.....'

I say if they look forward to death so much lets give 'em what they want  Angry
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

lubcha132

Wed Oct 10, 2001 6:42 am

let's lock and load! air marshalls on all flights!

airbus380

Wed Oct 10, 2001 6:44 am

Damn right Lubcha. Lock and load baby. How Luucha how about I gut them and you fry them.  Big thumbs up Anyway, yes the terrorism will come again, even Bush has said that. But, in the mean time, blow the fucking beans out of their miserable plot of land they dare to call a country.

ryanb741

Wed Oct 10, 2001 6:51 am

Alas it ain't that easy. Al Qaeda are probably in several dozen countries right now (60,000 'sleepers' at last count) so it is a global thing.

Also, 70% of Afghans are still unaware of the WTC attacks - they believe whatever the Taleban tells them - i.e. Satanic forces are attacking Islam

prebennorholm

Wed Oct 10, 2001 7:27 am

Yeah, it will be a long lasting job on many fronts. That's also what GWB and Mr. Blair told us already several weeks ago.

But there is no choise. If it's 60 thousand, then it's 60k, if it's 30k, then only half.

On another thread someone asked how long time the war will last. I said that it will never end. It will go on like the wars against malaria and AIDS etc. There will be successes and disappointments along the road. But we have no choise but doing our best.

Surrendering to terror is simply not an option.

Regards, Preben Norholm
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

tsully

Wed Oct 10, 2001 7:29 am

Let's blow their f*cking turbans to kingdom come!!
I love America. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle, but I'd rather be a dog in New York City than a prince in Riyadh.

heavymetal

Wed Oct 10, 2001 7:42 am

'There are thousands of young Muslims who look forward to death like the Americans look forward to life.....'

Who are we to dash their hopes?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

kaitakfan

Wed Oct 10, 2001 7:52 am

Cheers to that Heavymetal! If they want their beloved death I think our brave warriors over there will be pleased to do so! god bless all of those fighting for peace, freedom, and safety!

Cheers!
Brian

airbus380

Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:30 am

Actually Tsully, this is a cruise missile practicing on hitting Bin Laden with a red turban on!

b757300

Wed Oct 10, 2001 9:09 am

If they really want to meet Allah, I say we help them along.

"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Wed Oct 10, 2001 9:17 am

I agree, blow their fucking brains out. (Sorry for my use of strong language but I feel veruy strongly on this)

Thare are many Afgans on our side, leave those alone. Those who have the BALLS to burn an AMERICAN FLAG in a PUBLIC PLACE should meet DEATH or IMPRISONMENT immediately!!!! They are a threat to peace and humanit everywhere, not just the U.S.

Long live freedom!!!!

Aloha 737-200!!  Wink/being sarcastic

aerorobnz

Wed Oct 10, 2001 12:13 pm

"Those who have the BALLS to burn an AMERICAN FLAG in a PUBLIC PLACE should meet DEATH or IMPRISONMENT immediately!!!! They are a threat to peace and humanit everywhere"

A threat to humanity because they burn flags??
Threats they maybe for doing other stuff like killing 6000 people, but not for burning a flag.....after all a flag is only important to those who are from the country it is from...
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Alpha 1

Wed Oct 10, 2001 12:14 pm

They admit responsibility? Boy, there's a shocker.

LHMark

Wed Oct 10, 2001 12:24 pm

I have to admit to personal feelings which, at times frighten me.

I didn't think I could have this in me.

Half the time I want a just, calculated retaliation (a' la Preben Norholm, who displays a characteristic rationality)

The other half of the time, I want Afghanistan, and any other terrorist-by-default countries, turned into fused glass.

I think of all the times that I've stood atop those buildings...

-Mark
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

NKP S2

Wed Oct 10, 2001 2:02 pm

A long, defiant death rattle really. Let's see what we have: 1) We have an ostensibly ballsy Osama who exhorts dying for the cause of Mayhem Inc. -- 2) Said charismatic ( and very rich ) leader has remained, and is remaining in a very protected existence despite his vaunted big balls. -- 3) He has also emphatically stated that his death would be of little good to the US, that it would basically be a watershed for thousands of others, equally committed, to replace him. -- What's the deal here??? His protected bunker lifestyle is due to his importance as a charismatic leader- and mute evidence that he fears the whole damn house of his terrorist organization will come crashing down without him... Hence he must be killed. Killed- not captured.

airlinelover

Wed Oct 10, 2001 2:17 pm

AL Qaeda = Bin Laden? Or who/what is he/it?

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

Wed Oct 10, 2001 3:48 pm

"'There are thousands of young Muslims who look forward to death like the Americans look forward to life.....'"
- Yes, Ryan, with your quotation we see the center of this terrible problem. It is frightening because it will be very difficult to fight this kind of fundamentalists.

BTW, some participants on this forum so much wanted to see "Israel", "the Mossad" or even "Sharon" behind the attacks (remember? -"another Israeli false flag operation" and so on)...where are they?...

carmy

Wed Oct 10, 2001 5:59 pm

Doesn't anyone seem to realise that innocent Afghans die during a war? The images on television all day don't show what's happening after the bombing. They don't show the people dying on the streets and the children suffering in the hospitals. And that's if the hospitals weren't bombed. All we see on television are the bright coloured lights zooming across the screen. Quite a pretty sight in fact. What it doesn't show is the suffering below. The American media is so bent on being the government's cheerleaders it has done absolutely nothing to show the suffering of the ordinary Afghans. These Afghans probably don't even know why they're being bombed by these "smart" bombs.

In any case, if these bombs were so smart, why did it hit the Chinese embassy in Belgrade during the Kosovo bombings? Why did it hit the UN-funded office and kill four UN aid workers this time round? Why did it destroy a babys' milk powder factory in Baghdad during the Gulf War? What about the tens, maybe hundreds more of Afghans who were killed? Or the thousands of children who are dying due to malnutrition as a result of the war? The american media doesn't show any of that. As a result of this biased reporting, the American public is led to believe that this is a bloodless war where the innocent Afghan people are still living happily in their little homes whilst the Afghan leaders are the only ones fleeing for their lives. More often than not, it's the other way around.

The US is going to have to spend billions on this senseless war. If they would only spend a tenth of that on helping Afghans, perhaps the Afghans themselves would realise that they've got a screwed up government and do the overthrowing of the government themselves.

And no, I'm not Muslim. I'm also not Afghan and neither do I stay anywhere near Afghanistan.

KROC

Wed Oct 10, 2001 6:41 pm

Carmy, in a war, innocent civilians will die. In this case, the terrorists stricking a civilian target, and killing thousands of civilians leaves no room for compassion in heart for the people of a country that is a known terrorist supporter. Bin Laden didn't care about the innocent, and neither will I.

Matt D

Wed Oct 10, 2001 9:55 pm

"Why did it destroy a babys' milk powder factory in Baghdad during the Gulf War?"  Big grin

Isn't that what Suddam Hussein said?

Yeah I'm sure that Carnation, Gerber, and Johnson and Johnson have all kinds of Middle Eastern Counterparts.

And it just so happened that we were luckless enough to hit one.  Insane

Anyone that actually BELIEVES him, well I have some fine beachfront property in Omaha that I'd like to sell you.

IndianGuy

Wed Oct 10, 2001 11:30 pm

If Americans wan to answer terror with terror, then what is the difference between you and them?

I was maha-shocked to see the picture of the nuclkear bomb above. Do Americans really think this way?

JetService

Wed Oct 10, 2001 11:32 pm

Carmy, their you go. One of the crybabies that does not offer an alternative. Bush and company are fighting a campaign to end the threat of more Sept 11 atrocities. This is the only way they can do it. The terrorists set the stakes, not America. If you can come up with a better way to end the threat of the attacks without putting Afghani civilians at risk, let's hear it. Otherwise, you are merely saying you'd rather see the threat continue to spare the poor Afghans. So which is it? You got a better answer? Also, if the American media is not talking about the dead civilians, then how do you know about them? Just assuming? You buy into Saddam's and bin Laden's propaganda, but you call American media false? HAHAHA!!! That's a freaking LAUGH!!! Well, Carmy, give us that better solution, or you will be pegged as one who'd rather see innocent Americans being slaughtered (again), rather than seeing incidental Afghani deaths.
"Shaddap you!"

carmy

Wed Oct 10, 2001 11:48 pm

Matt_D, no that's not what Saddam Hussein said. That's what Peter Arnett said. And if you don't know who Peter Arnett is, he was CNN's chief correspondent in Baghdad during the Gulf War. And since so many of you consider CNN the holy grail, yes Saddam didn't say that a baby milk powder factory was bombed. It was Peter Arnett. Check any book about media reporting during the Gulf War. It'll tell you alot more.

Jetservice, here's the better answer. Wouldn't be writing all this if I didn't have a better answer. Let's spend just one tenth of the money on food and other humanitarian aid to the Afghans. If the Afghans could see what kind of deplorable situations they are living in, perhaps they would do the overthrowing of the Taleban themselves. Let's look at the Soviet Union as an example. Not a single missle was used to overthrow the Communists. The Russians themselves realised what a screwed up administration they had and replaced the government themselves. Isn't that what the US should be doing in Afghanistan instead? Try and evoke change from inside Afghanistan. For all you know, the Afghans might think they are living in paradise. Minimum casualties with maximum results. Just like what had happened to the USSR.

Going abit off here, but the American media, like the American public, refer to Osama as bin Laden. bin Laden is Osama's father. When you address Osama as bin Laden, you're addressing Osama's father and not Osama himself. Another mistake made by the Western media.

Saddam and Osama's propoganda? Maybe if you did just a little bit of independent thinking you'd realise that the US's inconsistent foreign policy was what had caused this entire inccident. Why aren't you asking WHY it happened? What had driven these people to do what they did? What had the US done to result in this? Go figure.

Alpha 1

Wed Oct 10, 2001 11:54 pm

Carmy-are you that dumb? I mean really? Do you really, really, REALLY believe that out in the middle of nowhere in Iraq, there was a factory, with signs in ENGLISH, that pointed to a BABY MILK FACTORY? Are you really that stupid? That was a hand-painted sign that was put out there for TV camera's to find. It was no baby milk factory. Only an imbicille would believe that one.

And gee, Carmy, innocent people die in war-they always have, and they always will. Just ask the people holding funerals for their loved ones in New York right now-or did you forget about them, too? And yeah, in warfare, weapons don't always hit their targets. If you had even an inkling about the history of warfare, you wouldn't have your head buried in the sand and be complaining about weapons that didn't fall just right. War is not precise-it is ugly, it is brutal, and innocent people get killed. And I will NOT shed a tear if some civilian in Afghanistan or Iraq gets killed-not after what happened here. This is a war, and in war, sometimes innocent people get killed. If you're too blind to see that, then that's your problem.

JetService

Thu Oct 11, 2001 1:03 am

Carmy:
Let's spend just one tenth of the money on food and other humanitarian aid to the Afghans. If the Afghans could see what kind of deplorable situations they are living in, perhaps they would do the overthrowing of the Taleban themselves.

That is your solution?!?!?!?! LMFAO!!!!!! Oh baby, that's rich! Let's give the Afghanis food and they will overthrow Taliban. Are they going to throw leftover carrot sticks at them? HAHAHAHA!!!!!
Hey Carmy, thanks for the laugh. Do you really think the Afghani citizens need TV dinners falling on their heads to realize the deplorable conditions they live? Huh? Seriously, bro, here is what is telling me you aren't thinking. You want to spare the lives of innocent Afghanis by halting our bombing and letting them overthrow Taliban themselves (inspired by the Swanson-drop of course). But you fail to use your head and realize that a hell of lot more Afghani citizens would be slaughtered in the overthrow attempt vs. letting them run and hide while we do it. See, Alpha 1 is right, you don't care about Afghani citizens one bit, you are just an anti-American dirtbag using them to whine about us. But I'm not letting you off that easy. Tell me how more Afghanis will be saved but letting them do the dirty-work?
"Shaddap you!"

hustler

Thu Oct 11, 2001 2:35 am

FUCK THAT. Blow all of them up. The Taliban did not care for the 4,900+ innocent civilians that perished.

...Hustler.