sudden

Formula 1!

Fri Oct 12, 2001 8:22 pm

If your interested, did you look at it when it was in the US? What was the general reaction on it?
I'm a cart fan as well, but F1 comes first.
Is it the same for you US citizen, but the other way around?
My favourite in F1 is Mika Häkkinen.
And in Cart it's Kenny Bräck. I'm swedish so.....!
When in doubt, flat out!

Dropkick

RE: Formula 1!

Fri Oct 12, 2001 9:28 pm

Its too bad Mika decided to quit.
I sure will miss him in F1 next year.

fightingfalcon

Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:03 pm

F1 is BORING!!!!
Sorry, but I prefer NASCAR and sometimes CART. And I started to watch the Moto Grand Prixes, there are almost always pretty close finishes and many passes.

Martin
Imprezas rule!!

flyhigh@tom

Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:33 pm

I LOVE F1

...My favourite is Michael Schumacher...but my ultimate hero is(was) Senna. Sad that he is not around any more  Crying

Well my favourite team as such is the McLaren....but looks like this year something is wrong with their cars.

Thomas.

sudden

Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:50 pm

It's more like that BMW Williams for ex. is getting back in business. And Montoya is doing a great job I must say.
BAR will become a hell of a team when they are done dealing with there "childsicknesses".
I also think it's a shame Mika will quit, but if it can make him get his will back, it's good. Anyone knows who will take his seat next year?

Nascar is more closer racing, and fights. In F1 it's a very big difference between the teams.

I'm not sadistic or anything, but if there is anyone who has a file with Sennas accident, please send it to me.
Have not seen what really happend.
When in doubt, flat out!

Dropkick

Sudden

Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:58 pm

Kimi Räikkönen will take his seat next year  Smile He is a great driver.

sudden

Fri Oct 12, 2001 11:48 pm

He will!?
Well, talk about getting the chance!!! To drive for one of the top teams the second year.
When in doubt, flat out!

Jetboy

Sat Oct 13, 2001 12:02 am

Kimi Räikkönen is a little prick Smile

cheers jetboy

Sat Oct 13, 2001 1:00 am

Biiiig Formula 1 fan. I have always liked Ferraris, and I am a fan of Schuey. To me though, it is of secondary importance who wins the race. The battle!! is the fun part.

Next season, Michael Schumacher, Ralf Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya, David Coulthard, Rubens Barichello, and possibly Kimi Raikonen are all going to be highly competitive drivers in highly competitive cars. It will be an exciting season to say the least. It won't be simply dominated by my favorite team  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

DeltaRules

Sat Oct 13, 2001 1:30 am

I like Hakkinen, and Schumacher in F1. I watched the U.S. Grand Prix, and try to watch other races, but don't see a lot beacuse they are live, and I'm not up early enough to see them.  Sad

Kenny Brack is AWESOME in cart this year!!! He's leaving Rahal at the end of the year to drive for Chip Ganassi. (In case you didn't know)

Anybody like IRL or NASCAR?

DeltaRules
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

LY744

Sat Oct 13, 2001 4:31 am

The European races start at 8:00 A.M. EST, qualifying starts at 7:00 A.M. EST. That's not that early! And its only every other week.

BTW, NASCAR sucks.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

Sat Oct 13, 2001 5:36 am

I have to disagree with you Sudden - I think that NASCAR is boring and F1 is great! Then again I respect all racing drivers - I think I'd like NASCAR more if I saw more of it so I could get into the races more. Nice to see someone thinking positive thoughts about BAR though.

Senna... well, look at my user name and figure out how I feel! http://www.cineca.it/HPSystems/Vis.I.T/Researches/Senna/movies/out5.mpg should get you to a video FlyingHigh@tom. It's a HUGE file of in car telemetry IIRC. http://www.ayrton-senna.com also makes good reading.

Zbeeblebrox74 - Schuey??? Can't deny he's the best of the drivers in good cars at the moment, but I think next year he may get taken down a peg or ten.

How many of you guys get your feeds from ITV anyway? It's gonna be a sad race in a way at Suzuka - first race of non-Murray Walker-ness :-(

lehpron

Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:45 am

Was it Formula 1 or NASCAR that had to cancel or postpone a race because the drivers were complaing about the g-forces they felt in the turns and then the officials had to contact NASA? I know it was as recent as 2 months ago.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

VC-10

Sat Oct 13, 2001 8:10 am

I have followed F1 since 1969 and it is now boring. The only overtaking is done in the pits. The rule that requires back marker to move over to let the leaders through should be scrapped. If the leaders had to fight their way through, there would be a chance that the lead would change hands. At the moment it is just follow my leader.

To call it the World Drivers Championshipis a joke. To win the World Championship you need to be in the right team at the right time. Shumacher would never had got to be World Champion if he had been with Minardi (no disrespect to Minardi). There was more competion when a majority of the teams had Cosworth engines. Then at least, everybody had the same amount of power. These days to be sucessful you need money and to attract the money you need to be sucessful. Its catch 22.

Give me CART any day for interesting racing

Sat Oct 13, 2001 9:28 am

Rallying...!!!

Dasa

Sat Oct 13, 2001 1:11 pm

F1 rules!!!!! and Williams-BMW

174thfwff

Sat Oct 13, 2001 1:23 pm

Nascar=Poor Folk Raceing

F-1-Rich Folk Raceing
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

aerorobnz

Sat Oct 13, 2001 4:11 pm

"It's gonna be a sad race in a way at Suzuka - first race of non-Murray Walker-ness"
indeed it will be, his commentary is going to be missed. Ferrari is my team, and Schumacher is my favourite driver.

"The rule that requires back marker to move over to let the leaders through should be scrapped. If the leaders had to fight their way through, there would be a chance that the lead would change hands. At the moment it is just follow my leader."

I agree, it should really be changed, but I still love my Formula 1.

Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Qantas737

Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:23 pm

Formula 1 is boring compared to NASCAR and Cart!?? Are you for real. Formula 1 doesnt involve doing 100s of laps of an oval track that is only interesting to watch 2 laps of. But overall I must say JGTC and V8 Supercars are more interesting than any other event.

Dasa

Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:34 pm

And forgot to add, JPM (Juan Pablo Montoya) RULES!!!!!

flyhigh@tom

Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:59 pm

Senninha, Glad to know that some one out there shares the same feeling about Senna. Thanks a lot for the mpg and the website...but unfortunately i could browse the site but not understand a word:-(

Vc-10, true today's F1 depends more on the team and the car rather than the person who drives it, but still you have some stellar performances where the driver triumphs.

Senna for one, won the championship in 1993 despite being in an underpowered McLaren Ford (as against Prost's powerful William's Renualt). we will continue to have such performances from today's drivers...but of course it is becoming a rarity.

Cheers,
Thomas.

VC-10

Sat Oct 13, 2001 7:46 pm

Formula 1 is boring compared to NASCAR and Cart!?? Are you for real. Formula 1 doesnt involve doing 100s of laps of an oval track - true but they do have what F1 doesn't - RACING & OVERTAKING on the circuit. The only excitement in F1 is seeing if everyone get's round the first lap.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a major fan of F1 but these days it's just boring.

Another good thing about CART is when a Pit Stop happens you can actually see what is happening. In F1 the car just disappears behind about 15 people.

Sat Oct 13, 2001 8:53 pm

WOW we have some real race fans here..awesome. CART is an awesome series,i went to Mid Ohio this year ad it was awesome. Unfortunatly CART might not even make it through next year. There in deap crap with Ford and Honda Leaving after next year and switching to normaly asperated engines wich was a dumb move. Thanks to Tony George and the IRL for killing open wheel racing in the US

Eric

Sat Oct 13, 2001 8:56 pm

Any one ever see the CART race in Long Beach?? It was always a great street course, very interesting. I like Shumacher, the guy is unbeatable...
 Smile

Sun Oct 14, 2001 3:13 am

Firstly, FlyingHigh@tom - the ayrton-senna.com was the one I said is interesting reading - that should be English. The other one is just for the video. It's the stuff recently released by the Italian courts.

Nice to see another fan. Too many people seem to have forgotten him recently.

Didn't Prost win in '93? Senna got his last WC in '91 - that said he had some GREAT races in '93 - Donnington for example - that was REAL driving.

To all you NASCAR people. It's hard following it in the UK as the coverage is terrible. We have a couple of general motorsport shows that tell you what's going on in non F1 series / formulae / whatever, but usually they focus on Formula Ford / F3 / F3000 / BTCC etc. Nascar just doesn't figure :-(

On a similar note, what about this Premier 1 idea? Do we really NEED another competition?

Sun Oct 14, 2001 3:17 am

Firstly, FlyingHigh@tom - the ayrton-senna.com was the one I said is interesting reading - that should be English. The other one is just for the video. It's the stuff recently released by the Italian courts.

Nice to see another fan. Too many people seem to have forgotten him recently.

Didn't Prost win in '93? Senna got his last WC in '91 - that said he had some GREAT races in '93 - Donnington for example - that was REAL driving.

To all you NASCAR people. It's hard following it in the UK as the coverage is terrible. We have a couple of general motorsport shows that tell you what's going on in non F1 series / formulae / whatever, but usually they focus on Formula Ford / F3 / F3000 / BTCC etc. Nascar just doesn't figure :-(

On a similar note, what about this Premier 1 idea? Do we really NEED another competition?

sudden

Sun Oct 14, 2001 3:18 am

Looks like I started a B v A here.
Well, I can't say that Schumi is my favourite, but does anyone remember how the Ferrari was when he got to the team!!?? Not good at all. He really had to fight to keep the car on the track. And look now! It's winning everything. He has sure done some great work for Ferrari. No one can take that away from him.
That's also what I want to point out here. A F1 car is not better then the driver makes it. The driver is the one who has to say "more downforce, " softer weels"....and so on. Maclaren would never need Schumi for ex. They are already up there in the top.
Tomorrow it's grand finale. And Schumi has pole. Hakkinen had to sattle for 5! Well, he will come back to F1.
Hope Kenny will to.
I have a friend who raced go cart together with Kenny in Sweden, so he knows him very good. That's a little fun.
When in doubt, flat out!

Sun Oct 14, 2001 3:35 am

Eek! Double post. (note to self: don't hit refresh if the page doesn't load first time. It makes you look thick.)

Got to admit Schu pulled Ferrari up pretty well. Still can't like the guy though. That argument does rank up there with Mac / PC and B / A.

On pole again (sigh.) Notice Montoya second though... wonder if they can avoid taking each other off? What do you reckon to Alesi grabbing some decent points in his last (sob!) race? Unless the car lets him down.

VC-10

Sun Oct 14, 2001 4:36 am

Shumacher Senior is a good driver but he let's himself down when he attempts to disable other cars in for him to win a world championship. i.e. Hill & Villeneuve.

Now did anyone see Gilles Villeneuve & Rene Anoux racing for 2nd place in the 1981 French GP? Now that is what F1 should be about. There was wheel banging and overtaking half on the grass. The wheel banging was an attempt to get past, not to take each other off.

LY744

Sun Oct 14, 2001 4:58 am

It is going to be tough to score any points while starting from the 11th place on the grid. Still, I hope Alesi will give a good fight, and who knows, he might just get some desperatly needed points.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it