PanAm747
Topic Author

Northern Alliance A Few Steps From Kabul

Tue Nov 13, 2001 1:14 pm

Well, it looks like the Northern Alliance is going to take Kabul anytime now, there are massive retreats by the Taliban.

Hopefully the Northern Alliance can stabilize Afghanistan and then help in a new government.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

RE: Northern Alliance A Few Steps From Kabul

Tue Nov 13, 2001 1:19 pm

I agree, hopefully they can march on Kabul... (BTW, BE READY FOR SOME OPPOSITION TOT HE US WAR EFFORTS IN THIS THREAD...)

Big thumbs up

Metwrench

Tue Nov 13, 2001 1:24 pm

Not from me Boeing757fan.

We were attacked, we are at war, we have nothing but good to offer the people of Afghanistan.

Met

Whistler

Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:42 am

One thing I find amusing is that the only people that seem to be AGAINST war are a few people 1000s of miles away from Afghanistan, who probably couldn't find it on a map, or the Taliban themselves. Most the poor afghanis are celebrating in the streets over this war Big grin. I think they understand that it is worth it, less people are probably going to be killed by bombing than the taliban executes a year.

Some people think it is cool to fight for the "cause" against bombing, but really, it isn't  Big grin.