Wanting To Do Too Much......

Wed Nov 14, 2001 9:59 am

Who else has this problem?

I have a problem of wanting to do far too much, with many things that clash. I really want to be a pilot, I love flying, and think it would be a very fun job. Ever since watching 'Life and Death in the ER' on TLC I have wanted to become a doctor in the emergency room. I think that job would very challenging, aswell as rewarding. I also think finsihing Med-School would be a great accomplishment. There are many other things I would like to do (restore an old car, take some classes on Theology, etc), but I do not have to make my mind up about them so soon.
Iain

klm672

RE: Wanting To Do Too Much......

Wed Nov 14, 2001 10:18 am

Thats why you need a twin!!

tbar220

Wed Nov 14, 2001 10:32 am

I totally know what you mean! I want to get my pilot's license, but I'm in school right now, plus I want to continue getting deeper into playing hockey, and I want to do more photography. Too much!!! But its all stuff I love doing, just want to do it all now!

Hehehe, actually, I'm pretty patient. Ask DragoGoalie, he'll tell you the same. We're actually in the same position, Hockey vs. Aviation  Laugh out loud
NO URLS in signature

coboeing777

Wed Nov 14, 2001 10:44 am

I know the feeling. I am going to school to be an A & P mechanic, but I also want to be a police officer. I had no luck with becoming a cop so I decided to pursue the mechanic career. Well I was almost hired to be a cop in the same city as my dad but turned it down so i could finish school. Then 9/11 happened..... now I wish I took that cop job. But thats alright, going through the hiring process to become a state park ranger. We'll see how that goes. I can put the aviation maintenance stuff on hold for a while.

Wed Nov 14, 2001 10:45 am

Also one more thing what I do after I complete my Bachelors (next year), I have to pay for by myself. Flying is not too difficult as you can stagger that around your schedule, however with medicine it would be a case of live on minimal wages as a bartender (after I turn 21) or as a waiter, and get grants, and loans to make by for thr 7-8 year course! *GULP*
Iain

LAX

Wed Nov 14, 2001 11:33 am

And don't forget those cakes you promised to bake for the Church Bazaar!!!  Wink/being sarcastic Wink/being sarcastic Wink/being sarcastic

Just kiddin' man ..... Seriously, it's really kind of refreshing to see this post. Good luck to you in whatever field it might be!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

[I'm betting on an aviation job, however. Once you catch the "747 Fever", you can't repress it!]

SophieMaltese

Wed Nov 14, 2001 1:21 pm

Yep, I've got that problem myself and often burn out. I had to take off from school last week. So far I've tried lawschool and thought about getting my CPA, but those weren't for me. I also thought about getting a masters in Sociology. Now I am in court reporting school and have a full-time accounting job and am learning to fly. I'd love to be a surgeon too but science has never been my thing. I admire anybody who can make it through medical school.

Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:05 pm

I used to work with a pilot in the RAAF who was also a doctor (medical) so it is possible.

VH-ADG

Thu Nov 15, 2001 3:29 am

ADG, I knew a guy who is a doctor and owns his own King Air 200, that would not be a bad deal!
Iain

Stretch 8

Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:33 am

A good friend of mine trained as a pilot as a young man, then went to college and law school. he kept up his aviation training at the same time, earning multi-engine and transport certificates. His main profession was law; he practiced at a firm and thgen a government agency. He now works as a Gulfstream IV PIC for a large U.S. corporation. And he still practices law on the side.

My point? You can juggle two professions. Don't give up on aviation. You appear to me to be smart enough to become a lawyer (that's not saying much, I am one myself). But you will always love aviation. Stick with your dreams (and you can rebuild that classic car when you can afford to, say at age 35).
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!