cfalk

Bin Laden Has Probably Fled To Pakistan, Says Iran

Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:37 pm

LONDON (Reuters) - Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) has probably fled from Afghanistan (news - web sites) to Pakistan, Iran radio reported on Friday.

The radio quoted an informed source as saying that the Saudi-born militant, prime suspect in the September 11 attacks on the United States, had probably fled for his life across the border near Tirah, southwest of Peshawar.

``Osama bin Laden has most likely abandoned Afghanistan for the Manatiq-e Azad (free areas) of Pakistan to save his life,'' the radio, monitored in London, quoted the informed source as saying in a telephone interview with its Pashto service.

The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Stretch 8

RE: Bin Laden Has Probably Fled To Pakistan, Says Iran

Fri Nov 16, 2001 10:06 pm

If that is true, he will be hunted down by U.S. Special Forces. Diplomacy will have to wait while this animal it trapped and liquidated.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

ryanb741

Fri Nov 16, 2001 10:12 pm

The chances of Pakistan allowing US Special forces to operate in its territory are zero - they made that clear right from the start.

US forces in action in Pakistan without permission from Musharraf and co will most likely be returning to the US in bodybags.

Pakistani forces will track him down if anything, seeing as they are best equipped to deal with the territory and have the best intelligence in these areas.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Stretch 8

Fri Nov 16, 2001 10:50 pm

Okay Ryan my boy. But can the U.S. trust Pakistani forces to complete this job, if necessary?
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Alpha 1

Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:05 pm

Personally, I think that's "disinformation" that OBL's gang has put out to try to get the pressure off. I have a feeling he's still near Khandahar, the only real Taliban "stronghold" left in the country. I would imagine that Iran, Pakistan and the "Stans" north of Afghanistan all have troops on the border to make sure he doesn't escape, plus US and British special forces are probably near the border as well, in case he does try to flee. Time will tell.

L-188

Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:37 pm

I believe he was spotted working as a cashier at a 7-11 in Pamona, California.

Reports are that Elvis is his supervisor on the Grave shift.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

JetService

Sat Nov 17, 2001 12:10 am

I agree with Alpha 1. If he flees, it seems he would have to abandon is goon-squad that protects him. 300 scumbags mobilizing would be too easy to spot. I doubt OBL would be willing to travel in a small group. He's still under a rock in S. Afghan somewhere.
"Shaddap you!"

Scotty

Sat Nov 17, 2001 2:03 am

He was in Safeway's in Inverness at lunchtime. Next to the Barbeque stuff, drinking a can of petrol

Wink/being sarcastic

Scotty

Sat Nov 17, 2001 5:45 am

Hes probably not fled to Pakistan, hes probably in Iran.

American_4275

Boeing757fan

Sat Nov 17, 2001 6:10 am

Boeing757fan,

Hes probably not fled to Pakistan, hes probably in Iran.

How do you come to this conclusion? Iran's borders are sealed with Afghanistan. Also, Iran dislike the Taliban VERY much. So they would NEVER knowingly harbor a terrorist such as Bin Laden that has affiliations with the Taliban.

American_4275