Too Soon?

Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:25 am

You know, when this whole thing about Sept 11 started, and Pres. Bush was talking about a long drawn-out kind of war, I was kind of expecting it to take a LOOOONG time before the taliban fell or anything.. Then, all of a sudden I see on the news that the Northern Alliance is in control of about 2/3 of Afghanistan.. Something about it rubs me the wrong way.. It just seems like it's happening too fast.. Don't get me wrong.. I'm glad they're being defeted. But, it is happening so QUICKLY, I can't help but think that they may be in their hiding spots, getting ready to do something.. Like I said.. It feels like it's happening too fast..

Anyone else?

Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

RE: Too Soon?

Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:27 am

My understanding was that this was a multi-bracketed tournament and the Taliban was the 16th seed first round opponent. More rounds to go. Next round - Iraq?
"Shaddap you!"

RE: Too Soon?

Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:30 am

When he was referring to the long war, he was talking about the war against terrorism, not the war against the Taliban. That was the easy part, but Al-Queda has operatives all over the world - USA, Germany, Pakistan, Yemen, etc. Weeding them out will be the hard part, not to mention taking down other terrorist groups throughout the world.