Soren-a
Topic Author

Any "Bottom" Fans Here?

Tue Nov 20, 2001 8:14 pm

Hi

There have been a lot of topics about Monty Phyton and other great comidies (spelleing??), but I was wondering if there are anyone besides me the like the english show "Buttom" with Richard Richard and Edward Hitler?

In my opinion it is THE best TV show ever made. I can qoute entiere shows from memory.
Does anyone else like these two sad bastards??  Laugh out loud

Regards
Søren Augustesen

RE: Any "Bottom" Fans Here?

Wed Nov 21, 2001 1:11 am

Studies have shown that the best show, really, ever made was "Are You Being Served?," a British sitcom made in the 70's about a bunch of wacky people who work in a department store.  Smile

GDB

RE: Any "Bottom" Fans Here?

Wed Nov 21, 2001 5:20 am

Oh my god! 'Are you being Served?' A tacky, low-rent 70's sitcom that's not been shown in the UK for years?
But Americans love it! And Benny Hill! Mr Bean too! (which is IMHO the least funny thing Rowan Atkinson has ever done).
As for 'Bottom', great physical comedy, Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmonson, the two stars/writers, have been doing that stuff for 20 years in various incarnations, but it's popular here too, they've even done stage show versions.
Nice to know that the land of Shakespere, Huxley, Orwell is still exporting it's culture! Big grin
Has 'The Young Ones', an 80's comedy about student life which includes the guys from 'Bottom' ever been shown in the States?
Back to Rowan 'Mr Bean' Atkinson, ever seen 'Blackadder'? (A great mix of good scripts, historical jokes and crude stuff too).