Pe@rson
Topic Author

Anniversary Gift?

Mon Nov 26, 2001 6:57 am

My girlfriend and I will be celebrating our anniversary on Tuesday. We will be going out for a meal, and I would like to get her a special present. But I do not know what to purchase and, because I am a student, I do not have a lot of money. I am an old romantic and she likes roses, so the obvious choice is a rose. Is this a suitable gift? What do you suggest and why?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

trickijedi

RE: Anniversary Gift?

Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:06 am

On our first year aniiversary I gave my current wife a journal. But it wasn't just any journal - I had it made at Kinkos. I think the total cost was somewhere in the $30 range. I picked out the paper design and bought like 250 sheets of it and picked a cover for it and wrote a little something on the first page of the journal. I wrote down that in case we stay together for a lifetime we can look back at our experiences together and hopefully learn from them. She still has it but she's running out of pages.  Smile

Another idea is to temporarily steal something of hers and then getting it inscribed and then giving it back to her with the inscription. That's always a winner. In fact, I'd even go as far as getting her really dissapointed about her item "mysteriously disapearing". It adds to the drama when it resurfaces again. Trust me on this one!
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:15 am

Thanks for your suggestions, Trickijedi. With reference to your journal idea, I am British and do not know what Kinkos is. Could you explain this a little further please? The latter is good, but it is not possible as I will not be able to go around to hers to pick something up tomorrow or Tuesday. Therefore, it is either the journal suggestion or a different idea.

"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

American_4275

Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:17 am

Kinkos is a copying type place that can do all sorts of cool stuff with stationery etc. You can make calendars, enlarge things, decrease the size, make posters. It's a cool place!

American_4275

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:21 am

Thanks for the explanation, American. I do like the journal idea. In my town, there are a few copying type firms, which I could visit tomorrow. Do you think the journal suggestion is good?

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:23 am

Hmm... thinking about it, I think the rose or flower idea is better for now. What do you reckon?

lubcha132

Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:57 am

get her a crystal rose or even a granite one, something that won't get yucky. make her one out of wood, or coins, or somethign.

skyhawk

Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:34 am

Pe@rson-Why don't you go to Harrods or someplace similar, get the journal as close as you can to what you think she would like and then get her 1 perfect rose. From my side as a woman that would be lovely.

airplanenut

Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:47 am

Maybe you could find/make a cover out of fake roses... put a crystal one in the center?

Jeremy
Why yes, in fact, I am a rocket scientist...