Lortab 7.5mg
Topic Author

Movie Trivia: Classic Films

Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:29 pm

Lax, no cheating!  Big grin

Match the dialogue with the corresponding movie:

1. "You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."
2. "They call me Mister Tibbs."
3. "Rosebud"
4. "I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that... Here’s looking at you, kid."
5. "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together - and blow."
6. "As God is my witness, as God is my witness, they're not going to lick me! ...If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill! As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
7. "What we've got here is failure to communicate."
8. "Don’t you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans. When an hour isn’t just an hour, but a little piece of eternity dropped in our hands, and who knows what to do with it."

A) A Streetcar Named Desire
B) Casablanca
C) Citizen Kane
D) Cool Hand Luke
E) In the Heat of the Night
F) On the Waterfront
G) Maltese Falcon
H) To Have and Have Not
I) Gone With the Wind

9. Which dialogue is not part of A Streetcar named Desire?
A) "Stella!"
B) "Mendacity. You know what that is. It's lies and liars."
C) "I am not a Polack. People from Poland are Poles. They are not Polacks. But what I am is one hundred percent American...And don't you ever call me a Polack!"
D) "They told me to take a streetcar named Desire, and then transfer to one called Cemeteries and ride six blocks and get off at Elysian Fields."  Big grin

10. The correct answer to the above question (#9) is from what Tennessee Williams adapted play? Starring Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor.
A) Night of the Iguana
B) Glass Menagerie
C) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
D) Rocky

America West

RE: Movie Trivia: Classic Films

Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:40 pm

Wow. I have never seen ANY of those movies before. Big grinlol

PanAm747

Mon Nov 26, 2001 3:20 pm

7 D

8 A
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

IHadAPheo

Mon Nov 26, 2001 3:25 pm

3=c
1=a
2=e

I think !
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

Mon Nov 26, 2001 3:42 pm

I dunno.

tbar220

Mon Nov 26, 2001 4:15 pm

I think I know nine and ten.

9. b
10. c
NO URLS in signature

EIPremier

Mon Nov 26, 2001 4:37 pm

1) F
2) wouldn't that just be "They Call me Mr. Tibbs" ???
3) C
4) B
6) I
7) D

9) I think you got C off of A&E !

10) C

klmfan

Mon Nov 26, 2001 5:42 pm

3. "Rosebud" goes with C) Citizen Kane
2. "They call me Mister Tibbs." goes with E) In the Heat of the Night
6. "As God is my witness, as God is my witness, they're not going to lick me! ...If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill! As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again." goes with I) Gone With the Wind

LAX

Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:30 pm

1. "You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."
My answer: F (Brando) (??)

2. "They call me Mister Tibbs."
E

3. "Rosebud"
C

4. "I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that... Here’s looking at you, kid."
B (H. Bogart)

5. "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together - and blow."
B also, I think (Lauren Bacall)

6. "As God is my witness, as God is my witness, they're not going to lick me! ...If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill! As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
I (??) (Vivian Leigh)(??)

7. "What we've got here is failure to communicate."
D (Strother Martin)

8. "Don’t you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans. When an hour isn’t just an hour, but a little piece of eternity dropped in our hands, and who knows what to do with it."
A (??)

Wait....You've got 8 Q's, but 9 answers listed. ???

A) A Streetcar Named Desire
B) Casablanca
C) Citizen Kane
D) Cool Hand Luke
E) In the Heat of the Night
F) On the Waterfront
G) Maltese Falcon
H) To Have and Have Not
I) Gone With the Wind

A) "Stella!"
C) "I am not a Polack. People from Poland are Poles. They are not Polacks. But what I am is one hundred percent American...And don't you ever call me a Polack!"
D) "They told me to take a streetcar named Desire, and then transfer to one called Cemeteries and ride six blocks and get off at Elysian Fields."

I'll guess ...... D (??)

10. The correct answer to the above question (#9) is from what Tennessee Williams adapted play? Starring Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor.
A) Night of the Iguana
B) Glass Menagerie
C) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
D) Rocky

ANSWER: C

---------------------------------------------

An addendum question concerning "On the Waterfront".......

Who nearly starred in Waterfront, instead of Brando?

Lortab 7.5mg
Topic Author

RE: Lax

Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:22 am

Wait....You've got 8 Q's, but 9 answers listed. ???
I did it on purpose; didn't want it to be too easy now.

Who nearly starred in Waterfront, instead of Brando?
Good question. I don't know but if I had to guess it would be...

Paul Newman?

I'll post the answers later this evening.

dash80

Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:47 am

1) F
2) E
3) C
4) B
5) H
6) I
7) D
8) A
9) B
10) C

Lortab 7.5mg
Topic Author

RE: Answers

Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:09 am

1. F) On the Waterfront - "You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." (Marlon Brando)

2. E) In the Heat of the Night - "They call me Mister Tibbs." (Sidney Poitier)

3. C) Citizen Kane - "Rosebud" (Orson Welles)

4. B) Casablanca - "I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that... Here’s looking at you, kid." (Humphrey Bogart)

5. H) To Have and Have Not - "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together - and blow." (Lauren Bacall)

6. I) Gone With the Wind - "As God is my witness, as God is my witness, they're not going to lick me! ...If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill! As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again." (Vivien Leigh)

7. D) Cool Hand Luke - "What we've got here is failure to communicate." (Strother Martin)

8. A) A Streetcar Named Desire - "Don’t you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans. When an hour isn’t just an hour, but a little piece of eternity dropped in our hands, and who knows what to do with it." (Vivien Leigh)

C) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

As usual Dash80 got 'em all right!  Big thumbs up

Thanks.