usair1489

My Computer's Possessed...

Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:39 am

Okay, today I've been having problems with my computer. Whenever I try to move the mouse around the screen, I can't and I have to force it. Even when my hand is not touching the mouse, the pointer moves wildly around the screen from what looks like someone or something is right-clicking. And my scroll wheel is being disabled and the only way to get the scrolling thing part back is to restart my computer.

Does anyone know what could be happening? Am I being hacked? Right now I seem to have no problems with the computer but they do creep up to annoy me. I am planning on getting a new computer in January or February anyway (someone find me $2,500!!!).

Steve
Zinger Aviation Delta Oscar Tango Charlie Oscar Mike

airplanenut

RE: My Computer's Possessed...

Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:42 am

Try shutting down, unplugging, and replugging in the mouse. You could also try reinstalling its drivers, but that might not do anything. If it is a wheel mouse, take the ball out (try not to touch it much) and blow hard into the well as dust can stick and cause problems. How much RAM do you have. If your comp was on for a while, you can try to free some up with Ram booster from http://download.com My computer does that one in a long while... I hope it feels better  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Jeremy
Why yes, in fact, I am a rocket scientist...

yka

Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:42 am

Possible reasons:

1.Bad mouse
2. Virus

...If you are suspecting someone has hacked into your computer(which I doubt) then get a program called Zone alarm from download.com. It puts up a firewall which prevents anyone from hacking into your PC.

LOT767-300ER

Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:43 am

1. Your mouse can be dirty if you have a wheel mouse. If you do get an optical one.

2. Your mouse de-calibrated calibrate it and try it then to do that go to:

Control Panel-Mouse-Click the jack bax or hit calibrate.

3. I dont know, i dont think hacking can cause this

usair1489

Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:09 am

I had 64 megs of RAM in here and I upgraded to 256.

Steve

usair1489

Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:14 am

Another update... now I think things are just going WAY TOO FAR. I just have my hand on the mouse and the next thing I know three chat windows are closed, my browser was closed, as well as my Word project WITHOUT BEING SAVED!

I swear I think it's the work of a hacker.

Steve

yka

Tue Nov 27, 2001 12:44 pm

Did you instal zone alarm?