eal401

American Hypocrites

Mon Dec 03, 2001 7:04 pm

Just some food for thought;

Irish Republican Army attacks on UK soil;

1970's - Army barracks bombed in Aldershot, 7 killed including 5 women.

Feb 1974 - Coach carrying servicemen and families bombed, 11 dead.

1974 - Bars in Guilford bombed, 2 soldiers and 3 civilians killed, 50 injured.

Nov 1974 - Bars in Birmingham bombed, 21 civilians killed.

1984 - Hotel in Brighton bombed, 5 members of government killed.

1993 - Warrington town centre bombed, 2 children killed.

1993 - City of London bombed, 1 dead, 44 injured, £350million damage caused.

Feb 1996 - Canary Wharf, London bombed, 2 dead, £85million damage caused.

1996 - Manchester city centre bombed, 200 injured, damage still being repaired.

What is the link?

Each and every death and injury caused above has been knowingly funded by United States citizens and businesses.

So, next time you all start kicking and screaming when someone dares criticise America (see either of Hoffa's recent posts), just think of the innocent men, women and children your people have willing helped murder in the UK and Northern Ireland, there are many more incidents other than the above.

Hoffa

RE: American Hypocrites

Mon Dec 03, 2001 7:11 pm

Eal401,

Exactly. The US does not have clean hands in the so-called "War Against Terror" and people must realize this.

Here's another example of the US support for terrorism:

http://www.consortiumnews.com/archive/lost13.html

In 1986, during a congressional ban on U.S. military assistance to the Nicaraguan contra rebels, the fugitive terrorist, Luis Posada Carriles, had been recruited into Oliver North's secret gun-running operation. Though charged in Venezuela with allegedly blowing a civilian airliner out of the sky a decade earlier, the CIA-trained explosives expert was made the operation's logistics chief. He oversaw caches of munitions stored at El Salvador's Ilopango airport and paid North's crews with bags of cash delivered from Miami. In return for this contra help, Posada was rewarded with false government papers to conceal his identity.

Two weeks later, on Oct. 6, a Cubana airliner took off from Barbados. Nine minutes into the flight, a bomb exploded killing all 73 people on board, including the Cuban national fencing team. Police soon arrested two men who had gotten off the plane in Barbados. They were Posada's employees and had called Posada immediately after the plane crashed. One of the men confessed to the bombing. And when police searched Posada's residence, they found incriminating evidence, including Cubana flight schedules.

In 1992, Posada spoke with the FBI for 6 1/2 hours. Then, he left the U.S. embassy and slipped back into obscurity. The Cuban government occasionally demands that the United Nations seek his return to Cuba to stand trial on terrorism charges. But the United States has taken no steps to assist in Posada's apprehension.

NUAir

Mon Dec 03, 2001 7:33 pm

your blaming the US for the IRA attacks now??????

man this is crazy!!!! Anyone can make money and send it to anyone thanks to..........banks! If someone in America makes money and sends it to the Taliban or the IRA or their aunt Edna they can do it as anyone can in any other country. If you want this to stop nuke Switzerland and the Cayman Islands, because none of those bank accounts that were used to fund IRA bombings will be found in the US.

Maybe we should also talk about the thousands of Irish who have been attacked and oppressed by the English gov't that led them to take such actions.

And in case you havent picked up a paper since the start of the cold war, the US and Cuba have been having a little thing going on for a couple of decades. The Cuban minority in America will not allow the return of any fugative to Cuba until all land and money that was taken during the revolution is returned to them. Dont blame the entire country for that.

next accusation please...................
"How Many Assholes we got on this ship?" - Lord Helmet

Hoffa

Mon Dec 03, 2001 7:42 pm

NUAir,

Open your eyes a little bit. The US government permitted known IRA terrorists to travel to the United States and raise money to murder innocent people both in Northern Ireland and the UK itself---all over the strenuous and vociferous protest of the UK government. Its an active solicitation effort stretching back decades---not the simple Mom and Pop operation you describe. Do a little research on "Noraid" before you presume to speak.

Cuban Exile groups have received backing from the CIA and its drug-cash and have (just to name one example) blown up a Cubana airliner in 1976 killing all 73 aboard.

Now why would the USA who conducts the war on terrorism allow a known terrorist organization with links to Colombian druglords and the Libyan government be allowed to conduct fundraisers inside its borders? I mean the US stands for the eradication of terrorism, right?

Hoffa

Mon Dec 03, 2001 7:47 pm

If the US is conducting the so-called "War Against Terror", why does it permit known terrorists to enter the US and solicit money to murder innocent people?

http://members.tripod.co.uk/uindex/noraidmotivation.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/northern_ireland/newsid_1562000/1562217.stm

mls515

Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:02 pm

Hoffa-

Why do you permit known terrorists to enter your country? It's obvious you are 'in the know'.

David_itl

Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:04 pm

For what's happened since Manchester's bomb, visit http://www.rebuilding-manchester.co.uk/

David/MAN: 234 and counting

Hoffa

Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:06 pm

MIS515,

If it were up to me, I wouldn't allow IRA terrorists to have bakesales and recruitment drives in my country so they can purchase weapons from Colombian drug smugglers.

Either we support terrorism or we don't. Just like Dubya Bush said....

eal401

RE: David_itl

Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:10 pm

Thanks for the link! Amazing how much the centre has now been changed.

mls515

Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:12 pm

Hoffa-

What are you doing to stop it?

Banco

Mon Dec 03, 2001 9:23 pm

NUAir, I don't entirely disagree with your comments - to blame the USA for Northern Ireland is a cheap shot, it's far more complicated than that. But let's get one thing straight: Northern Ireland is a democracy. It is not an occupied land with a colonial power in situ. The reason why it is part of the UK is because the majority, yes the majority, of the population wish it to be so. As soon as the majority do not wish to be part of the UK, then it will cease to be so. If you conducted a poll of the British people a vast majority would love to get out as soon as possible. It has cost a fortune to keep the army in place (to stop the terrorist starting a civil war) in both money and lives.

Of course the history of the place is a disaster, and of course some dreadful errors have been made across the centuries. But there is simply no excuse for the kind of terrorism we have seen over the past 30 years.

Ireland is a terribly complicated topic and the romantic view of it which a few people in the States subscribe to is some way wide of the mark. For example, the majority of Americans of Irish descent were actually Protestants, not Catholics. Equally, the history books tend not to record the ethnic cleansing of the Protestants from the South of Ireland. Now, none of this justifies the very great wrongs that have been committed by Protestant/Loyalists or indeed the British themselves who did not react to the famine in the 19th century (they didn't cause it by the way, they just failed to react - in my book that's almost as bad anyway, like the West in Rwanda) and certainly didn't prevent the oppression of the Catholics in the late 1960's with anything like the fortitude they should have done.

This is such a deep subject, and the shenanigans of Northern Irish politics is baffling to everyone outside, particularly in the rest of the UK. The sight of Catholic schoolchildren having to be protected from the mob by the police made us all feel sick. But please delve a little into the whole subject before posting such a comment. It's more complicated than you can believe.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

Stretch 8

Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:09 pm

My friend, how do you justify Unionist terrorism on behalf of the Crown?
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Banco

Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:18 am

I hoped I had made that absolutely clear. There is no justification for terrorism on any side. By the way, a few definitions for you:

Unionism: A moderate political viewpoint believing in Northern Ireland as a part of the UK, e.g. the UUP

Loyalism: The extreme version of Unionism encompassing terrorism amongst other violent acts and attitudes, e.g. the UDP/UFF, UVF etc.

Nationalism: A moderate political viewpoint believing in Northern Ireland as a part of the Republic of Ireland, seceding from the UK. e.g. the SDLP.

Republicanism: The extreme version of Nationalism, encompassing terrorism amongst other violent acts and attitudes. e.g. Sinn Fein/IRA, Real IRA, Continuity IRA.

Both Unionism and Nationalism are honourable political viewpoints. Loyalism and Republicanism are not.

In other words, you don't get Unionist terrorists any more than you get Nationalist ones, but you do get Loyalist and Republican ones. They are as despicable as each other. Loyalist aren't doing it on behalf of the Crown any more than Republicans are doing it on behalf of the Irish State.

She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

G-KIRAN

Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:20 am

FACT:The largest of funds for the IRA come from American citizens of Irish descent.
1973, an FBI report which says that it is embarrassed by the Irish conflict, because the Irish conflict has been paid for by U.S. dollars
Scource:http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/ira/conflict/

FACT:Some British Unionists in Ulster heavily support Unionist Paramilitary groups.

FACT:Britain and US practice somewhat double standards over terroism.

Alpha 1

Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:30 am

And, just what does this have to do with the current war, EAL401?

Another mindless soul, who blames the US for all the problems in the world. Every death in that conflict is the fault of the US. Way to shift the blame away from those who are really at fault. But hey, it's better to blame the Americans than to blame those really at fault.

Hey-no wonder you like Hoffa so much!!

b757300

Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:34 am

You know when someone respects ADG or one her cronies that they have serious problems.

I wonder if these people were anti-Swedish if Johan would ban them?
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

JetService

Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:40 am

Alpha 1, but whatever you do, don't label them 'anti-American' or they will start crying like babies!!  Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud

The score now is:
America, SAVE US NOW!!!! 147
America, ITS YOUR FAULT! 139

OOOOOH!!! It's a close one!!!!!
"Shaddap you!"

Braniff727

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:00 am

FACT: Not all Americans of Irish descent fund the IRA.

FACT: Not all Americans think the Government in the US is perfect.

FACT: Not all Americans support terrorism in ANY form including terrorism that comes from the US.

FACT: People are stereotyping ALL Americans based solely on the actions / words of the minority.

FACT: Most Americans do not want to see anyone in anywhere die because someone else feels they do not have the right to live.

FACT: This American is getting tired of people judging 280 million people based on the stupidity of the minority.

FACT: There are 280 million people in the USA, most of whom are descendants of people from other countries, and therefore have ties to those countries.

FACT: Many Americans are descendants from Afganistan.

QUESTION: Did the USA fund the September 11th attacks?

ANSWER: NO.

FACT: Americans are not hypicratical as a whole, but there are many who are, as in Ireland, The UK, Germany, Japan, China, Canada...

My point?

If you think that the actions of the few represent the will of the people you are on crack, and I'm not talking about the US specifically.

In the US we elect people, and sometimes they lie and do things we never would agree to. That's the risk we take in voting for them. Because that happens, it doesn't make me a hypocrite. I vote based on who I think will uphold my beliefs, and that's the best I can do.

If they don't, then I vote for someone else. That's the way it works, and if you don't get it that my friends, I cannot help you.
Climbing

eal401

I Give Up....

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:18 am

...trying to make a point to Americans.

What a pair of witless wonders Alpha 1 and Braniff727 are!!

I had read Hoffa's post and its replies and was getting pretty sick of the Afghans killing US citizens wrong/US killing Afghan citizens right, America is faultless etc, etc, bloody etc viewpoints.

I was making a point, which I have desperately tried making before, that the US is just as responsible for terrorism as Afghanistan (Fact: Not all Afghan citizens will have supported Sep. 11!!!!! Yet the US holds all Afganistan responsible. Of course someone dares do the same to the US...).

I apologise for trying to be clever, and acknowledge that future posts on this subject will have to be worded for American minds, i.e. small words and big letters.

RE: I Give Up....

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:32 am

You be da un ejutaded witless wonda foo.... Big grin !

JetService

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:46 am

HAHAHAHAHA!!! oooooog!!! aaaahg!!! man talk bad of supa-powa must be smart man! aaaaack-poooo!!!! ooooooga!!! man feel betta now!!! man outsmart all of supa-powa. eeeeeeeghfapumph!!! man should run supa-powa so supa-powa more supa-er. aaaaaaack!!!!
"Shaddap you!"

eal401

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:49 am

Thanks for proving why I give up.

Idiots.

Alpha 1

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:51 am

ROTFL!! Good one guys!!

Eal401, to clairify one thing: this isn't about if it's "right" to kill Afghani's. Fact is, I think 99% percent of us on this board, whatever side we're on-me included-wishes to God none of those people had died in this conflict. But they have, and they have because of the actions of THEIR government, and the support it gave to OBL. That's what the bottom line is. I mean, people like you want it both ways: you blame the US policy for leading to the attacks, then you blame and critisize the US for responding to the attacks, and killing some civilians in the process. Do I detect a little bias in that way of thinking??

AC_A340

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:55 am

Nobody seems to know why a good chunk of the world hates the US. Look at the real history in International politics in the last 50 years. Not textbook history, I'm talking about what has really happened. Then maybe people will start to realize why so many people hate America.

Braniff727

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:57 am

Eal401;

I got your point and I'm making mine.

Let me spell it out so YOU understand it.

NOT ALL AMERICANS SUPPORT TERRORISM OR CLAIM THAT AMERICA ISN'T GUILTY OF IT AS WELL.

The reason for my post is your topic which implies Americans are Hypocrites.

Is that simple enough for you to understand? Did you read my post?

Evidently, you need the small words and bit letters, or perhaps youjust need to read the posts.

Climbing

Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:57 am

I still love America...you can't phase me! Big grin
(I'm in eubonics mode!been listening to too much Coolio!)

JetService

Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:03 am

Thanks for proving why I give up.

Anytime, cupcake.  Big thumbs up

"Shaddap you!"

heavymetal

Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:04 am

I was about to respond, but what the hell. Ignorance is bliss to these people.

You're right. We're all of that and more..lookout we're coming to kill your children, rape your women(and a few men) and steal your fine china.

We, The United States of America, are as bad...no we're worse...as you hype us up to be. We are the Great Satan. Even now Bruce Willis is getting into a real life stealth bomber to kill your family.

There. Happy? I mean you people live in your own nihilistic, stand-for-nothing world....will that bit of rubbish I just posted transform itself into fact in your minds? Because clearly that's what happens to rubbish when it gets in there.

RE: Heavymetal

Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:13 am

That was perfect....

Big grin

NUAir

Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:50 am

OK I think we have to admit fellow americans!

Yes it is true we are the great satan. We are responsible for every attrocity every known to man. We colonized Africa, introduced slavery, killed millions of innocent Jews and Chinease in WWII. We even killed Christ!

Now our plan is to slowly kill off everyone who opposes us by introducing AIDS, the internet, and biased media reports.

Did I forget to mention that we fund every terrorist organization in the world?

See you in hell!  Smile
"How Many Assholes we got on this ship?" - Lord Helmet

eal401

Important - Amendment To Original Post

Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:11 am

Having read the various responses here, I feel it is only fair to amend my original post.

Lots of Americans are screaming blue murder against terrorists for killing their people. However, SOME, to re-iterate, that's SOME Americans are responsible for the funding of terrorist attacks in other countries.

I hope this clarifies things.

I deeply and humbly apologise for assuming any American would have the wit or common sense to work that out for themselves, er, I mean for not making that clearer in the beginning.

I also deeply apologise for daring to even hint at criticising the mighty and great United States of America. How could I possibily believe this country to be anything but the greatest and most fantastic place on Earth.

Final note.

September 11 is now in the past. Get the f**k over it.

Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:19 am

It is true that a lot of American business' support the IRA; Mc Donalds most notably. Also on the east coast my father has been handed collection bins for the IRA.

This is one of the main reason why Tony Blair has supported the US, if the IRA does anything now, Tony will call his mate George, and something will happen!
Iain

JetService

Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:31 am

Eal, and we are sorry that we do not immediately buy into your drool-laden rants just because you claim to be such a smart guy. For that, we apologize from the hearts of our bottoms.

I hope you didn't come here to inflate your ego further. Bad move.
"Shaddap you!"

b757300

Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:32 am

Has anyone else noticed what is username is about?

777236ER

RE: Iainhol

Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:41 am

McDonald's does not support the IRA. It never has and it never will.
Your bone's got a little machine

Hoffa

Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:42 am

The original question remains unanswered: Why is it unacceptable for Osama Bin Laden to blow up airliners but its perfectly rational if the US government does it (Cubana 1976, Iran Air A300 in 1988 to name but two examples).

If the chest-thumping morons are to be believed, terrorism is an outrage and morally wrong. Why then do they subscribe to a government that has actively recruited terrorists and actively sponsored terrorism in Vietnam, Nicaragua, Iran, Cuba, Guatemala, etc.

Please don't use the word "we" to talk about Americans. I am American and you people don't speak for me.

b757300

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:02 am

Cubana in 1976? What the heck are you talking about?

As for the Iranian A300, it was not a planned, premeditated act like 9-11 was. The U.S.S. Vincennes did sail into the Persian Gulf with orders to shoot down a civilian airliner. Accidents happen. Had the Vincennes not be fighting with Iranian gunboats, the crew probably would not have fired the two SM-2 missiles that brought down the A300. There is a lot more details I could go into if you want to hear it.

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:04 am

777236ER, it is my understandin Mc Donalds was/is one of the biggest (commercial) sponsors of the IRA.
Iain

Hoffa

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:08 am

Sure 757300...I'd love to hear you justify the deaths of 300+ innocent people in the skies over soverign Iranian territory.

Tell me, if the event was simply a tragic accident as you seem to think, why were the men of the USS Vincennes all awarded combat-action medals? Why wasn't the commander punsihed and reparations made?

Cubana DC8 crashed off the coast off Barabdos in 1976 (bombed)--implicated in the plot are Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada Carriles, both CIA agents who continue to lead comfortable lives here in the US.

b757300

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:17 am

Yeah, whatever. The American government doesn't go around planting bombs in airliners. All you're doing it making yourself look more and more like an asshole.

As for the A300, the plane took off from an airport that was also used as a military base. As far as the crew of the Vincennes knew, it was an F-14 that was carrying anti-shipping missiles. When the Vincennes tapped into an E-2's radar, the data the E-2 was sending was incorrect. The E-2's tagged the A300 with the tag for an American F-14 that was returning to its carrier and gave the F-14 the tag of the A300. This made the Vincennes's crew believe they were tracking a hostile aircraft.

Now I know no one on this earth and probably not God himself can cure you of you're venomous hatred for America. Since you're so ashamed to live here, I'll buy you a one way ticket to Cuba, Russia, China, or Afghanistan.

Hoffa

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:31 am

I don't want to get into the technical aspects of what happened in the Iran Air disaster. Some of what you have written is true, the rest was discovered to be lies and fabrications by the Congressional commission and independent media sources.

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5260/vince.html

You still have not answered my question: If this was indeed a tragic accident, why were the crew of the Vincennes all awarded medals? Shouldn't reparations have been made to the families and to the airline? Shouldn't the commander at the very least have been reprimanded?

Read the following link: http://www.consortiumnews.com/archive/lost13.html

Orlando Bosch and Luis Carilles---known CIA agents actively encouraged to strike Cuban targets in retaliation against the government of Fidel Castro. Both responsible for the bombing of a Cubana DC8 off the coast of Barbados in 1976. The CIA gave these two licence to strike as they saw fit and did nothing to punish them once evidence was made known to the UN of their crime. Thus, the US must be a sponsor of terrorism since it harbors known terrorists.

FWIW, I'm not ashamed to live here. I am ashamed of US government lies and hypocritical foreign policy.

b757300

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:43 am

So you get your information from a Geocities website. You're really doing a lot of research. Yeah sure

Where do you want that ticket mailed to?

Hoffa

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:47 am

I'll dredge up the links for you if you like--unfortunately the mainstream media never saw fit to report on this story accurately and with a balance of truth. Not surprising, but shocking nonetheless considering the outrage of having the Vincennes crew awarded medal for their act of murder.

Unfortunately, one must dig a bit deeper than CNN.com to see the scope of the terrorist acts the US government has committed around the world.

And the US continues to harbor terrorists (Bosch and Carilles are but two examples).

JetService

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:49 am

Hoffa, you use a private geocities link to back your BS up? Are you out of your mind? Give me a couple hours and some free hosting and I guess I can have you believing anything, eh? If you are so proud of your support of the death of innocent Americans, then why did you have to create a second A.net name 12 days ago to display your nonsense? I'm now trying to decide if you yourself are evil and support evil or just one of the most gullible S.O.Bs alive.
"Shaddap you!"

Hoffa

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:53 am

Guess the truth hurts for some people.

I'll never accept that an American life is more valuable than an Iranian one, a Nicaraguan one, or an Afghan one.

Must be off, but will be back with more links later (N.b. the Geocities site is well sourced---don't dismiss it offhand). That crew did get medals for their murder.

777236ER

RE: Iainhol

Tue Dec 04, 2001 5:07 am

I am very closely related to McDonald's. A close member of my family is a McDonald's franchisee here in the UK. I've been to the last three McDonald's world wide conventions, including Orlando 2000. I can personally vouch that McDonald's does not fund the IRA. I suppose you also believe there's cardboard in the Big Mac and that the Chicken McNuggets contain no chicken?  Yeah sure
Your bone's got a little machine

Tue Dec 04, 2001 5:32 am

777236ER, I am not sure if they still do, however I can assure you they did!
Iain

b757300

Tue Dec 04, 2001 5:38 am

Geocities! Now you're really moving up in the world. Yeah sure

BTW, where do you want me to send that airline ticket? I'll even make it first class on your airline of choice.

JetService

Tue Dec 04, 2001 5:40 am

"The truth hurts" LMAO!!!! Outstanding!  Insane
"Shaddap you!"

Scorpio

Tue Dec 04, 2001 5:48 am

JetService,

Where exactly was it Hoffa said he supported the killing of Americans? You see, that's the problem with some people on this forum. Someone criticizes the way the US has reacted after Sept. 11th, and all of a sudden they are Taliban supporters...

Twisted minds, that's for sure...