b757300

Butt Cleavage

Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:44 am

I didn’t post this with any intention of violating any of Airliners.net rules. It’s a legitimate news article from a legitimate news site. Johan, if you feel this is an inappropriate post, please delete it with my blessing.

Source: Fox News
See the link for pictures.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,40105,00.html

NEW YORK — Cleavage is back, and it's not where Marilyn Monroe had it.
It's a step to the rear, behind the scenes, where the sun doesn't (usually) shine.

Yes, it's "plumber's butt." And it's the hottest new trend for the fashion, er, forward.

"Butt cleavage is definitely in," said Alex Douglass, associate fashion editor at Cosmopolitan magazine. "To have a little of your body falling out is extremely sexy."

Celebrities like Pamela Anderson, Rosanna Arquette and Sarah Michelle Geller are all fans of the "dangerously low" Frankie B. jeans. Then there's Jennifer Lopez, whose much-publicized backside has been partially credited with her rapid rise to fame.

And now it's out on the road. One of Britney Spears' backup singers, Annette Stamatelatos, has been "butting" out — on and off-stage — throughout their current tour.

"We're all flying out of our pants — Britney, me, the dancers," Stamatelatos said. But she added that visible crack is a bane, not a boon, of the low-rise jeans trend.

"It's sexy at the pre-point before the pop-out," Stamatelatos said. "Beyond that you get a little self-conscious."

Douglass agreed the cheeky fad is somewhat of an accident. "It's basically a trend by default. In some cases, women don't even know they're doing it."

"I was bending down to get my subway fare, wearing my low-riders, when I heard, 'Hey, I can see the crack of your a--,'" said one New York twenty-something who asked to remain anonymous. "I was so embarrassed."

Not everyone thinks the trend is sexy. Stacy Mayesh, senior market editor at Marie Claire magazine, said showing too much "crack" is "disgusting." "Showing the top before the crack is sexy. Showing the crack itself is a major faux pas," she said.

But if it's such a pain in the you-know-what, what makes it worth it? Well, low-riders show off a lot of midriff at a time when many women are slaving away at their abdominal muscles. The look also helps accentuate a tight and toned derriere.

Many women, in fact, are mooning the streets with pride. Intermix, a boutique that sells the revealing jeans, said the rear window is a sought-after look. And several underwear retailers — including the Gap — are now selling low-rise thongs to accommodate the trend.

So, what do guys think? While some prefer their cleavage more up front, others seem open to new possibilities.

"Breast cleavage has a pretty good tenure — the history of the world, perhaps," said Jason Adams, contributing senior editor at Blender magazine. "But I don't think it's a choice. Perhaps we'd like to see a bit of both."
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

tbar220

RE: Butt Cleavage

Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:04 am

I sure don't mind, it doesn't bother me at all  Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud
NO URLS in signature

American_4275

Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:16 am

I LOVE breast cleavage.

But butt cleavage doesn't appeal to me at all. I find it really sexy when a girl with a great body (and ass) has low jeans and you can see her back but it stops so you don't see her crack. I don't know, butt cracks are very unappealing to me.

Long live breast cleaveage.  Big thumbs up

KROC

Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:21 am

I am not ashamed to say that I LOVE a chick with a nice good size ass. J-Lo. I don't have much use for her personally, but I have plenty of use for that ass!

AC_A340

Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:48 am

I like it to be revealing without showing anything. This leaves something up to the imagination. I don't like seeing the actual crack, just the top before the crack.

cfalk

Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:57 am

Either I want to see the whole crack or none at all.

Hey, you could really tease people wearing those kinda pants. If she farts, the back of her shirt will fly up!

Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

milldoh

Fri Dec 07, 2001 1:02 am

Hey, I'm all for it! Not when half the ass is sticking out though. A little crack goes a long way...

desertjets

Fri Dec 07, 2001 2:09 am

Remember people, CRACK KILLS!!!

Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

cfalk

Fri Dec 07, 2001 2:13 am

Never do a drug named after a part of your own ass, OK?

- Dennis Leary
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

tbar220

Fri Dec 07, 2001 6:28 am

"If you see a sign that says 'Say No To Crack' and it reminds you to pull your jeans up, you might be a redneck." - Jeff Foxworthy

Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up
NO URLS in signature

dragogoalie

Sat Dec 08, 2001 1:11 pm

Great Quote Mr. T

--dragogoalie-#88--
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

lubcha132

Sat Dec 08, 2001 2:05 pm

Quick story-

Riding the monorail @ EWR. guy's working on the roof of one of the terminals (A i think). no shirt on, and well, everyone was cracking jokes about it. the thought of it still burns my mind  Insane

Josh

Sat Dec 08, 2001 10:00 pm

It's not so much the skinny ones that bother me. It's all the larger ones out there that have been wearing the low riders that I find disgusting. It's like they don't care anymore, they are liberated. Well, I for one care, and I don't want to see your underdeveloped oversized gut or fanny hanging out of your jeans. Put on some bib overalls. Sorry in advance if I offended anyone.

Superfly

Sat Dec 08, 2001 10:18 pm

Ladies!
Don't listen to Toadpipe! Big grin

Let it all hang out!  Smokin cool
To each it's own. Some like the larger gals.
I am all for this new trend and I hope it stays like this.

If the lady is un-attractive, look the other way.

Just my 2 cents.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde