sxmarbury33

Enraged Skittles Hot Line Worker

Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:32 am

Hi today while reading the bag of skittles i had purchased i found that they put geletin in the skittles. I find geletin kind of disgusting and ive heard it comes from cow hooves. I wanted to know more about where the geletin came from so i called the 1800 number on the package of skittles. I asked the lady some of my questions and she told me it was from beef but she did not know what part. Then i asked her how the geletin was sanitized from the cow hooves and she told me "that is proprioter imformation this call is being recorded sir i can go to the police." She then stated my home phone number. THis caught me off gaurd because i have no clue why she would want to go to the police. So i asked her "for what reason would you go to the police". she replied again "sir this call is being recorded if you dont hang up i will go to the Dallas police we have your information. I stated no please do not go to the police i will hang up now. I realize that these people deal with many calls a day and probably get harrased a lot. I was not harrasing her in any way because all i had were a few questions i was not dissatisfied with the product. So my question is if she did go to the police what would they do? I wouldnt really be scared if she went to the police because as she said the call was being recorded so i dont know what the police would charge me with. Any imformation would be appreciated. -Max

We're Nuts

RE: Enraged Skittles Hot Line Worker

Fri Dec 21, 2001 11:06 am

Should have told her that you know a very good lawyer.
Dear moderators: No.

mls515

Fri Dec 21, 2001 11:42 am

Weird........

Yes, geletin comes from cow hooves or bones or something like that.

LHMark

Fri Dec 21, 2001 11:48 am

If you question Skittles, then...then....the terrorists win!
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Braniff Place

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:04 pm

Why would they want to put cow hoof scraping in Skittles anyway whats it purpose? For chewyness uh, honestly i do not understand manufacturing companies these days putting all these weird, unecessary things in their products.

why do they waste their time and money extracting cow hooves???? Really scares and annoys me.

jeez it must really be a shameful thing they are doing in the skittle factory if that staff member threatened to call the police!

BRANIFF PLACE

sxmarbury33

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:17 pm

Yea guys i really dont understand it i say if there is a laywer on this board we team up. I will call and say only nice things about the product be very polite then inocently question the geletin while i am doing this the lawyer can record conversation. Then when they go to the police and the police hear the tape and throw the case out we can sue for 40 million for deflimation of charecter.

OH-LGA

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:23 pm

Then you really don't want most things on the market then?!?

Jell-O? Complete gelatin, compliments of cow hooves that have stood in all sorts of... stuff. Of course it's sanitized and stuff like that, there are these things called FDA regulations...

At work, if a passenger starts asking too many questions, bells and whistles go off in my head as well... she could have easily thought that you were some sort of a weirdo that was planning to contaminate the gelatin processing place or something like that. Information like that can and will be kept proprietary to protect the safety of the product.

Being enraged by this little non-event is quite amusing to me... and if you ask me... you were asking too many questions.

Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

sushka

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:24 pm

Weird, I hate gelatin its gross.
A couple days ago my dad went and had surgury and afterwords he was discussiing the payment and out of nowhere the lady at the desk called security.
What the hell is it with these paranoid desk job people???  Pissed
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

ILS

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:36 pm

Starburst also has gelatin.

sushka

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:38 pm

oooeeek!  Nuts

sxmarbury33

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:52 pm

Well if a company sets up a question hotline as skittles did what do they expect to get. What kind of intelligent non propiotory questions could a person ask. I can only think of one or two. Most of the questions are either secret like asking for the recipie. Or like you said could be asked by some wacko planning a terrorist attack or soemthing. If they call the police over every call like that whats the point of the line?

JetService

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:57 pm

Sxmarbury33, why did you leave out the part about you asking her if her nipples tasted like purple Skittles? That is an extremely important part of the story!!!
"Shaddap you!"

sushka

Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:59 pm

Lol  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

sxmarbury33

Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:01 pm

hah thnx jet your always there for me man what can i say.

fspilot747

Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:49 pm

Gelatin doesn't usually always come from cow hooves. Most of the times, it comes from pig bones. Just thought I'd throw that in..

-FSPilot747

airlinelover

Fri Dec 21, 2001 2:07 pm

WHat's the skittles hotline? I'd LOVE to give them a call..  Pissed

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

AWspicious

Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:35 pm

THAT'S IT! i'M NEVER EATING SKITTLES AGAIN! hAVN'T YOU FOLKS HEARD ABOUT FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE???
Besides, I didn't like the tone that c/s rep took with Max.
 Laugh out loud
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

CPDC10-30

Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:40 pm

AWspicious...do you have any bovine lineage? Last time I checked the disease doesn't affect humans  Smile

ryanb741

Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:47 pm

Jelly (Jello in US?) has gelatin, hence it's name. But then again there are so many things we unknowingly eat which we would consider gross if we knew about it. Examples include:

Worcestershire Sauce/Thai fish sauce - Fermented anchovy extracts

Red food colouring - extracts from the Cochineal beetle

Honey - bee saliva

I can't think of any more at the moment - maybe somebody else knows any other ones that we all eat on a regular basis
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

AWspicious

Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:50 pm

er... no, CP. oink Why do you ask? oink
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!