OO-VEG
Topic Author

Will It Be A White Christmas For You?

Sun Dec 23, 2001 8:27 pm

First of all, merry christmas to you all.

Well with christmas so closeby I am curious who will get a white christmas this year..

Here in the Netherlands it has been snowing since friday. The weatherreports indicate it will snow this evening but tomorrow it will be 6 degrees celsius and rain.
So that will mean a typical Dutch christmas, cold, wet, dirty, windy, cloudy and rainy!

American 767

RE: Will It Be A White Christmas For You?

Sun Dec 23, 2001 8:45 pm

It's gonna be a cold cold christmas without you...

Yes, I'm going to have a white christmas too. It has been snowing here in Brussels. All forests down in the Ardennes are covered with snow. Oh what a nice winter...

Merry christmas to you too.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

L-188

Sun Dec 23, 2001 8:46 pm

It looks that way up here. And it finally warmed to to be much closer to the freezing point then it was before.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:20 pm

Probably yes, if the sun is not coming out too much and melting the snow away.

EGFF

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:20 pm

nothing yet here but snow is said to be moving in....
EGFF Big grin
All together or not at all

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:25 pm

It has been snowing a bit, but the temp just isn't cooperating...  Sad
Still hoping for more on Monday

Aussiemite

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:44 pm

Were expecting temps of 37 deg celsius

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:45 pm

Damn Australians! Big grin

Turbolet

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:33 pm

Gimme a break... it will never be a white Christmas here in Malta. Not even when pigs fly  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
-turbolet

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:43 pm

Outside chance here. We haven't had even a trace of measurable snow officially in Cleveland this year so far-it's rained like hell the whole month!  Smile But the forecast is for occasional snow showers beginning sunday night, all the way through tuesday night, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't want anything too bad though, since I have to work monday and tuesday. I don't want people to miss their flights, you know? Big grin

Starship

Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:36 pm

I have a greater chance of getting a Starship for Christmas than for it to snow here. It's sun, sun, sun all the way and temps hovering around the 30°C mark.
Behind every "no" is a "yes"

b747ca

Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:43 pm

Here in Hamilton, Ont Canada (YHM) 100 km SW of YYZ (Toronto), it will be a green Christmas. But if it changes I will let you know.
ma va funk ulo

Mon Dec 24, 2001 12:00 am

Forecasts at the moment are saying it will be between 34°C-37°C on Tuesday.

Isn't it grand living in the "south" where you don't get roped into all that White Christmas promotional rubbish  Smile

CcrlR

Mon Dec 24, 2001 12:54 am

Usually it would snow in Chicago and it didn't here yet. It snowed but it got melted later on. They said it should snow by Christmas and it should.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

OO-VEG
Topic Author

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:15 am

So what is it like to have Christmas in the summer. Seems really strange to me..

And what kind of Christmas commercials do you have down there?? If you turn on a tv here you see snow and a christmas tree. Do you have sunglasses with a chrismastree or something like that??

Thom@s

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:29 am

Yes, we have 30cm of thick nice snow. I hope it goes away after christmas though.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

LH423

Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:23 am

Nope...we've had the temps here in BOS. Yesterday only got up to -2°C, but today is a bit warmer, around 2°C, and it's supposed to continue to warm up through the night as clouds move in and rain sets in tomorrow with temps around 7°C. Christmas will be sunny and around 4°C, just warm enough to dry the wetness away, and then a cold front comes through, bringing temps for Wednesday-Sunday around -6°C/0°C.

So, no, there will be no White Christmas in Boston. Just a sunny, cool one.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:38 am

It won't be a white Christmas, but it will be a very cold one in Houston.

mls515

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:39 am

Hey, I've been up for two hours watching tv and surfing the net. This thread got me to look outside and guess what......there's a trace of snow out there! Yay! And there's still a few flurries coming down. Just in time for Christmas.

airlinelover

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:40 am

Well, it's SUPPOSED to start snowing tonite here (DTW area) and continue through tomorrow.. So if it does, then we will have a white christmas.. Although I think my 10-yr old brother could do a better job forecasting weather than those dopes on TV and Radio..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

Sunair

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:47 am

It's raining here at the moment in Johannesburg. And it doesn't look like the weather is going to improve either. It might rain on Christmas day with a high of 23C, but on Chistmas Eve it's going to partly cloudy with a high of 26C, so that might be nice. It's usually sunny though.

What can I say - I love the Southern Hemisphere!!

OH-LZA

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:54 am

White and Cold, current temperature here in Helsinki is around -20C (0F).

Alexander

KROC

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:56 am

Will all this politically correct holiday bullshit going around, I take offense to the term "White Christmas". I think we should replace that with "Snow covering the ground on December 25th" instead.

(This is a joke, for those that don't know me)

Mon Dec 24, 2001 5:15 am

You know, it's funny you asked. You see, I live in the northeastern portion of Ohio, USA, and anyone that lives in the continental US,knows how crazy the weather can be in Ohio, espeacially in the winter. But as it turns out back in late October I prayed to God that we would not get any snow until I could afford new tires for my truck. I have a short bed Chevy S-10, two wheel drive. Very light, and with bald tires even three hundred pounds of weight won't get me around in the snow. So wouldn't you know, we have had no snow thus far in Akron! I hope that if there is anyone that lives in my neck of the woods that they're not going to be to mad at me for not having a white Christmas. I plan on getting my new tires shortly after the Holidays so perhaps God will release the flodd gates on Akron.
Just goes to show the power of prayer I guess.

Hey, Merry Cristmas everyone!

Regards,

Alaskaairlines

Mon Dec 24, 2001 5:20 am

I will have a white snowy Christmas.

It has been snowing here for 3 months.

-Dmitry
Alaska.

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Mon Dec 24, 2001 7:14 am

Not here. Sunny and highs around 32F/0C predicted. Rapid City hasn't had a snowstorm since early November.

Corey777

yyz717

Mon Dec 24, 2001 8:35 am

I'm in Toronto, Canada....and it's been too warm here. We've had snow this month but it didn't last.

Apparently Toronto has a 55% chance of a white xmas.....I don't think we're getting one this year though.

Neil
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

VapourTrails

Mon Dec 24, 2001 9:52 am

So what is it like to have Christmas in the summer. Seems really strange to me..

And what kind of Christmas commercials do you have down there?? If you turn on a tv here you see snow and a christmas tree. Do you have sunglasses with a chrismastree or something like that??

Christmas in summer is fantastic! However, I do dream of a white Christmas, so I like reading this thread! Smile One of these days I am going to have a northern hemisphere 'true' winter Christmas. No our Christmas tree is the traditional one.. no sunglasses! Wink/being sarcastic

Commercials? just the usual annoying ones, with a big red Santa and white beard.. and the rest.

In recent years people go to a lot of trouble and decorate their houses and gardens with all manner and lights and tinsel etc. and people drive around at night and look at them. However, for me at least, the novelty does wear off after a couple of years. There is sometimes a prize awarded by the Council, so it becomes obvious the neighbours are trying to outdo each other, and the whole neighbourhood is just one big Christmas tree! ..would look interesting from low-flying aircraft.. Big grin
From Australia. Qantas - Spirit of Australia.

flymia

Mon Dec 24, 2001 12:32 pm

Unless a miricle happens no i dont think it can snow in 80 degree heat down here in MIAMI.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

RE: Help! I've Seen A Ufo!

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:01 pm

Now before anyone gets all hogwild nuts on me, I'm not talking about aliens! I am simply talking about an unidentified flying oblect.
About ten years ago, while riding in the car with my mother, and staring up into the night sky, I saw something that caught my interest. It was three distinct points of light, not natural star light (of this I am certain), but three yellow/white pionts in the shape of a near perfect equillateral triangle. There were no blinking lights nor could I see any kind of body outline. It was perhaps at around 10,000 feet and WAS NOT MOVING! I asked my mother to stop the car, it was late and we were on a side street, so she did and I got out of the car and studied it for a full three min. of so. Finally, she usherred me back into the car, and we went on home.
Then about two weeks ago, on my way home from work, on a beautifully clear and cold night, I noticed some pretty bright lights in the sky. I was on the highway doing about 65mph. and I could not keep my eyes of off the lights. At first I thought it was a plane leaving CAK with its landing lights still on, but quickly realized that it was way too low and did not have any blinking lights. The closer I got to it, the more I could make it out, and it seemed to not be moving. My thoughts went back to ten years earlier as I saw before me about one half mile to my left and maybe at about one thousand feet, the same exact light config. I was right, it was not moving. I passed it up, and quickly got off on the next exit so as to head in the general direction to get a closer look. By the time I got back on the highway and headed towards the area, it was gone.
I'm really curious if anyone else has seen something like this, and if we have aircraft in service that have a similar light config. and hovering capabillities.
Please note that this is in Akron, Ohio, not Roswell, NM.
Thanks,

RE: Help! I've Seen A UFO

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:05 pm

Sorry, people. This was suposed to be a new topic! I don't know what happened.
Regards,

Alpha 1

WE Have Snow!

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:07 pm

Amazingly, we acutally have a dusting of snow here in the far western suburbs of CLE! It must have come down hard and fast, because at 9pm Sunday night, I was out shopping and there wasn't a lick of snow on the ground. By 945, the ground was almost covered.

We may have our White Christmas, after all.  Big thumbs up

RE: WE Have Snow!

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:13 pm

We don't in Akron...yet. And I hope we won't as I have yet to get my new tires on the truck!

Help! I've Seen A Ufo!

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:18 pm

Now before anyone gets all hogwild nuts on me, I'm not talking about aliens! I am simply talking about an unidentified flying oblect.
About ten years ago, while riding in the car with my mother, and staring up into the night sky, I saw something that caught my interest. It was three distinct points of light, not natural star light (of this I am certain), but three yellow/white pionts in the shape of a near perfect equillateral triangle. There were no blinking lights nor could I see any kind of body outline. It was perhaps at around 10,000 feet and WAS NOT MOVING! I asked my mother to stop the car, it was late and we were on a side street, so she did and I got out of the car and studied it for a full three min. of so. Finally, she usherred me back into the car, and we went on home.
Then about two weeks ago, on my way home from work, on a beautifully clear and cold night, I noticed some pretty bright lights in the sky. I was on the highway doing about 65mph. and I could not keep my eyes of off the lights. At first I thought it was a plane leaving CAK with its landing lights still on, but quickly realized that it was way too low and did not have any blinking lights. The closer I got to it, the more I could make it out, and it seemed to not be moving. My thoughts went back to ten years earlier as I saw before me about one half mile to my left and maybe at about one thousand feet, the same exact light config. I was right, it was not moving. I passed it up, and quickly got off on the next exit so as to head in the general direction to get a closer look. By the time I got back on the highway and headed towards the area, it was gone.
I'm really curious if anyone else has seen something like this, and if we have aircraft in service that have a similar light config. and hovering capabillities.
Please note that this is in Akron, Ohio, not Roswell, NM.
Thanks,

RE: Help! I've Seen A Ufo!

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:26 pm

You know, I really do not know whats going on here!
This is not the first time I've posted a new topic, so I know I'm doing it right. IF ANYONE CAN HEPL ME I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

Thanks, Angry  Embarrassment

VapourTrails

RE: Problem Starting A New Thread..

Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:12 pm

Galilee, ..it happened to me once.. now I open a new session of A.net and have them running concurrently, then post the new thread from the one I've just opened.. hope this works for you.
From Australia. Qantas - Spirit of Australia.

IHadAPheo

Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:54 pm

Hi all, Well the Weather Bug on my computer is flashing away like crazy telling me that here in BUF we will only be getting about 12"18" of snow before Christmas. The good news is that Yahoo! weather which uses the NWS is only calling for about 12"

HEY KROC, any snow for Rah-Cha-Cha (I would use Jim Rose's name for Rochester but modesty prevents me from doing so.

I hope that I am ready for the snow, the blower is gassed up and ready to go and I have 80lbs of Prestone Ice Melter sitting in the hall.

Oh well I have to go it's time to feed the deer, they are hanging around the house looking for pellets and deer corn. Not to mention that my Dalmatian is going nuts trying to get to the deer.

If your interested here is a link to the BUF forecast

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/Buffalo_NY_US_f.html
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

AWspicious

Mon Dec 24, 2001 5:10 pm

At this rate, we might be doing the back-stroke here at YYZ this Christmas.

HA HA, KROC!
 Laugh out loud
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

hoons90

Mon Dec 24, 2001 5:26 pm

I dont think we will since snow clouds are so far away from us.
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.

EmiratesLover

Mon Dec 24, 2001 5:45 pm

Nope...as Turbolet said, there is going to be no snow in Malta for sure.

SQ325

Mon Dec 24, 2001 9:06 pm

Oh Yes it will be a white christmas!
We had strong snowfalls 2 days ago and it started again 2 hours ago!
Everything is white!
Merry Christmas to all of you!

regards Bjoern

Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:51 pm

No, it won't. That's one of the DRAW BACKS of living in Southern, ca. I hope it is at least cloudy and cold.

Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:53 pm

Oh! I forgot to say:

Merry Christmas to you all. God bless you and have a great holiday.

Cheers...

SafetyDude

Tue Dec 25, 2001 12:31 am

In New York, you could walk outside in jeans a long sleeve shirt and a heavy sweater-and you would be fine! (or atleast for half an hour!) So no White Christmas  Sad
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

Tue Dec 25, 2001 6:04 am

Lots of fire and smoke ..

but no snow

Merry Christmas everybody!

VH-ADG

Aussiemite

Tue Dec 25, 2001 10:28 am

The temp has just reached 38deg C

JetService

Tue Dec 25, 2001 12:50 pm

We got our first snow Dec 23. Amazing! Only landscaping mulch covered. Grass too uneven and concrete is windblown. Supposed to snow for next 5 days. We've had unusually high temps for Nov-Dec here in Northern Indiana. Around 40-50s F. Now they are calling for single digits for a week. Payback time. Too answer: its snowing, but not enough to accumulate yet.
"Shaddap you!"

OO-VEG
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:14 am

The 24th it was still snowing (it has been snowing here since last friday) and there was still a nice pack of snow in the evening. So I almost thought it would be a white here. However when I woke up this morning it was raining. And it still is.. so there no snow left..

ah well...