Do You Think Bin Laden Is Alive?

Sat Dec 29, 2001 6:22 am

Hey guys, I haven't been able to catch up with the news lately but the little that I've caught recently is Bin Laden's new release. Do you think this is an attempt to rally his supporters though he might be dead? Or could he possibly be alive?

Alitalia777

RE: Do You Think Bin Laden Is Alive?

Sat Dec 29, 2001 6:25 am

I honestly think that he is dead. US and Afghan officials said they heard him on the radio, then the US bombed Tora Bora, where they believed that he was hiding.

Alitalia777

Sat Dec 29, 2001 6:28 am

Bin Laden may be alive but right on the brink of death. The curtains are falling and Bin Laden's death knell is roaring towards him. Bin Laden possibly might be hanging on to life in Pakistan, but the end for him is surely near(Thank Goodness).

cfalk

Sat Dec 29, 2001 6:37 am

Don't be so sure. People have managed stay on the run for years within the U.S. itself, with all the law enforcement available, in a modern country where the criminal would find few if any sympathizors. Bin Ladin is either dead and buried under God-knows how many tons of rubble, or (more likely, IMHO) he has run off to Pakistan or Kashmir, where there are a lot of people who actually love the rat and police and army forces don't even dare come by. It's not over yet. The U.S. will have to wait for him to surface or disclose his location, and wipe out the whole area before he has a chance to run.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

DC10Tony

Sat Dec 29, 2001 6:44 am

I think he's too full of pride to be captured by the United States.

I think he'll end his life along the lines of how Hitler ended his, if he's still alive.

alaska727

Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:20 pm

I think that he is alive.I know many people don't wanna hear that.But he thinked twice before the Sep.11 attack.He knew that US is the world power. If not why didn't he attacked Moscow,Berlin? Ok, he made the plans but how can he be sure that tomorrow he'll be giving orders?

-Vitaliy

Notar520AC

Sat Dec 29, 2001 4:09 pm

If he is still alive, I say we put em on the barbie and have a BBQ!
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

IrishFlyer

Sat Dec 29, 2001 4:34 pm

I think he is bearly alive. I hope to god we kill that bastard!!!!!

~IrishFlyer~

L-188

Sat Dec 29, 2001 5:12 pm

Does it really matter if he is alive or dead?

And does it matter how long it takes to catch him?

After all it took 20 odd years to bring in Carlos the Jackel
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

American_4275

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:04 am

Did anyone see Letterman a few nights ago?

It was funny when he was openin up he said something along the lines of:

"(some Middle Eastern country) is fairly sure that Bin Laden has died of natural causes"

[applause and cheers]

"..yeah apparently bombs dropped from B-52's is classified as 'natural cause' nowadays"

hilarious...lol
 Big thumbs up

American_4275

JetService

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:22 am

He may be alive, but not well. If you noticed on the latest video, he looked very frail and pallor. Also, he is left-handed and during the video, his left arm hung lifeless while he gestured with his right. Perhaps he was injured by the bombs. In any event, it really doesn't matter. The US has neutered OBL and his goons. He will die as a result of this, whether it be by US hardware or a self-inflicted nugget to the brain. I have to wonder how many times this dirtbag thought to himself while cowering in his caves, "What have I done to myself?"
"Shaddap you!"

Matt D

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:28 am

What I don't undeerstand is that why doesn't he lead by example? Apparently, he "preaches" that if a Muslim dies while "killing the infidels" (meaning Americans), then they will "go to paradise....and get their 72 virgins".

(discussion question: What happens after one of these "Martyrs" de-virginizes all 72 of his virgins? Does he get 72 more?)

Why has he not done this himself? If he is so confident of his afterlife, why hasn't he taken the express route to it? Instead he is sitting there, limp and ill in a cave somewhere.

Go figure.

Notar520AC

Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:25 am

If we just nuke the whole country that would end it fast, but then we have to deal with all the supporting countries. We're kinda stuck in a bad position here...
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

alaska727

Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:17 am

The story goes that he got very skinny last days because of the stress.

Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:22 am

I think he's alive. Pakistan probably just doesn't want the US to attack them as well in case he might be hiding there. That's maybe why they say he's dead.

Goodbye

Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:52 am

I hope he's still alive

Goodbye

Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:57 am

Matt D:

Why doesnt Georgie Bush go and get him himself?

PanAm747

Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:23 am

Goodbye-

He is serving in the armed forces now, he is the current Commander in Chief
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

JetService

Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:42 am

Goodbye, why do you hope he's still alive?
"Shaddap you!"

CcrlR

Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:46 am

that picture is funny. He doesn't have that much to live. He will die in a little while or we will find him before he dies.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:51 am

Why do you hope he's alive, Goodbye? Is it because you admire his noble and admirable spirit in ordering the deaths of thousands of people?

And When you're in command, you don't do the gettin', you let your posse do the rounding up. That's what President Bush is doing.

God, you're pathetic.

Goodbye

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:03 pm

And so that's what Osama bin Laden is doing...duh

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:08 pm

duh, what?

CLARIFY!!!

And you didn't answer the first question. Duh.

dragogoalie

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:44 pm

I don't think we'll get him unfortunately.

--dragogoalie-#88--
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

Goodbye

Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:55 pm

Alpha 1: "And When you're in command, you don't do the gettin', you let your posse do the rounding up. That's what President Bush is doing"

And so that's what Osama bin Laden is doing...duh

And also, to answer the first question, I admire his ability to bring a nation to its knees that is constantly boasting about how secure it is, and how much 'intelligence information' it has got. And that someone has finally stood up to the US.

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:07 pm

And also, to answer the first question, I admire his ability to bring a nation to its knees that is constantly boasting about how secure it is, and how much 'intelligence information' it has got. And that someone has finally stood up to the US.

You make one mistake in what you said-he hasn't brought us to our knees-we aren't quivering nor quaking nor fleeing into caves, scared to death of this man. We have stood up to his kind of cowardly thuggary, and we've run him out of business. And he didn't "stand up" to the U.S. He hides behind others; he tells others to die for this cause, but is unwilling to die himself for this cause. If he had truly stood up to us, he'd be out in the open, instead of hiding in caves like the cowardly rodent he is.

He found out like Germany, Italy and Japan before them: you can knock the U.S. down from time to time, but when it gets back up, slow to anger though it is, it'll beat you into submission if you really piss it off. That's what Japan did in 1941, that's what OBL did in 2001. Both have suffered similar fates.

The hatred you hold for the U.S, it's people and it's goverment-where does it come from? Because we're bigger than wherever you're from? That we're more powerful? That we're more wasteful and more charitable than any other nation? Because we have freedoms few really enjoy? Because we have the mightest armies in the world? Or is it just jealousy that you don't have what we have?

What ever it is, I pity you. I don't hate you, I certainly don't envy you, the people you choose to admire, like OBL, but I pity you. And, fortunately, most of the world doesn't think like you. I could get angry at you for you pathetic view, but it does no good. You live in a delusional world, one with no concept of right or worng, of good or evil. And for that, I pity you.

Goodbye

Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:15 pm

God Bless America And All Her Wonderful Charms! If he didnt bring you to your knees, why are you jumping at everything that goes "bump"? Why are you so fervently x-raying everyone, why are you so scared that someone might give you another dose of your own medecine?

THAT seems like a nation desperate to me

sccutler

Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:41 pm

1. "Desperate"? Hardly. When the fire ants build a mound in my front yard and sting me, it is a painful irritant; and fire ants are a real pain in the butt to get rid of. But, I break out my pesky pest poison, and soon they're all dead. They bothered me, but I was never "desperate."

2. Do I think bin Laden is dead? If being "alive" requires possessing a soul, perhaps he's been dead for a long time.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 30, 2001 1:59 pm

God Bless America And All Her Wonderful Charms! If he didnt bring you to your knees, why are you jumping at everything that goes "bump"? Why are you so fervently x-raying everyone, why are you so scared that someone might give you another dose of your own medecine?

THAT seems like a nation desperate to me,

I don't see many people jumping at everything that goes bump, Goodbye. You don't even live here, so how the hell would you know. Last time I checked, Christmas went off without a hitch; people aren't living in bomb shelters or buying gas masks. Last time I checked, which was yesterday, in fact, the airports were absolutely packed with people flying airplanes, and going about their lives. That doesn't seem like a desperate nation to me.

If you equate "desperation" with "concern", then more power to you, Goodbye. Only a fool isn't concerened, or even a little scared after the event of 9-11 that makes you so damned happy. But it will take more than a little pipsqueak of an animal like bin Laden, and his gullible, wide-eyed apologists like yourself who are few and far between on this planet to make the United States or it's people desperate about anything.

PanAm747

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:38 pm

Goodbye-

I like how you are so quick to put down other nations like the USA, but you claim Svalbard And Jan Mayen Islands to be your nation.

I always wanted to live there. You know, a place where I can get a great education along with a great job.

That's why Microsoft moved their world headquarters there, right?  Insane
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

learpilot

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:53 pm

why are you so scared that someone might give you another dose of your own medecine?

A dose of our own medicine, eh. Why don't you enlighten us as to the last time the USA sent terrorists somewhere to kill a bunch of innocent people? And don't say that we're doing it now in Afghanistan.

goodbye, with 10,178 votes you are the weakest link. GOODBYE!
Heed our warnings or your future will be underpant free!

Cleco

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:56 pm

Goodbye...

You're trash man. I'm gonna say it cause I know every American here wants to say it. Every opinion you have expressed...it's wrong. If we were afraid, if we were on our knees, bin Laden would still be in control of the future 51st state of the Union, Afghanistan.

Jake
EMBRY-RIDDLE BABY

JetService

Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:38 pm

Goodbye, you keep thinking 270,000,000+ people are on their knees if it makes you feel bigger. Whatever you do, don't let reality stop you. The fact is, OBL will soon give his life to make America more proud and mightier than it already was. LMFAO!!!!!!!!
"Shaddap you!"

IrishFlyer

Goodbye

Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:19 pm

Goodbye, First of all I want to say that I am the WORST person to deal with when it comes to war and Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden is a freaking low-life bastard. I hate his guts!!!!! He has killed thousands of Americans and also killed several different people in other ethnic backgrounds. He is a coward, He hides in a country that is about 90% sand and lives in a cave. He is always running from the U.S.

Now to you, I think your "Comments" are the most dispicable comments I have EVER seen here on airliners.net. What kind of fool are you for defending Bin Laden??? Also, What have you got against the U.S.? What would you think if I was President of the U.S. and I sent over some people to fly a plane into your countries tallest buildings? Oh Wait a minute, The tallest thing in your country is the palm tree down the street.

To sum it all up, Your an Anti-War Communist.

~IrishFlyer~

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:35 pm

See Goodbye, world opinion-at least that through a mocrocosm on this board, doesn't agree with you on anything: your support of this muerder Osama bin Laden, you view that the US is a paralyzed, weakend nation, or your view that he's still kicking dirt in our face.

The fact is this: you're either bating everyone because you enjoy it-although based on your posts, that's doubtful. Or you actually believe that Osama bin Laden, a "person" who takes joy in killing people, is a wonderful person who is to be admired. Know what that makes you? A pariah in this world. A sick, twisted person who, if he could, would also probably choose to act like Osama if he had the chance. Does that mean you also admire the history of Hitler, Stalin, and guys like that? I'll bet you do.

That is why your towering sense of moral outrage over the death of some Afghan civilians is meaningless to most anyone here. On one hand you scream about Afghan's killed by errant fire, yet you show delight in the deliberate murder of thousands in the US, simply because it makes you feel bigger somehow. Stow the morality, Goodbye-you don't have any to begin with.

You can believe what you want. It only makes you more pathetic. And it makes those who have you as a "respected user" almost pathetic as you are.

I think that about sums it up. Maybe we can get The Pentagon-which is still standing, by the way-to target your little island, then we'll see what a big man you are, son.

cfalk

Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:49 pm

The U.S. is on their knees?

From a standing start, in 3 months they have overthrown a country on the complete opposite side of the world, in some of the most difficult terrain anywhere, in a land where the British and the Soviets both got their asses kicked in decade-long campaigns. Sounds like the only ones on their knees are the Taliban and Al Qaeda. The U.S. is in pretty good shape.

Admiral Yamamoto knew it perfectly well before the Pearl Harbor, which he planned but did not agree with. He knew that, left alone, Americans will bicker between themselves, make a lot of noise, but remain relatively harmless. But if you get them really angry, and it's another story.

"All we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - Admiral Yamamoto
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Alpha 1

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:17 am

My father was a high school history teacher, Cfalk, and the one thing he told me over the years about nations like the US is this: A democracy (and let's just let that word stand for now, ok? No fight over semnatics) is the most docile of nations when left alone. Yet if you attack it, and do so in a very lethal way, a democracy will become the most ferocious opponent any nation could want to fight, because if you get the people of a democracy behing a war, they won't quit till the other side is completely beaten.

Osama bin Laden, Al Quaeda, The Taliban, idiots like Goodbye and othes, have forgotten the history lessons of that past. Japan thought the same way that these clowns do, and they lost an empire because of it.

SSTjumbo

Mon Dec 31, 2001 2:19 am

Goodbye is actually right about OBL being the commander in chief of his operations. However, it only proves that Osama isn't quite the person who would sacrifice his earthly life killing the infidels to go to heaven; rather he is just on a hate-spree against America and wants to be around forever to torment the USA. I just hope that he is rendered ineffective in his cause. That sound right, Goodbye?  Yeah sure
I don't know, so this is my signature.

jwenting

Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:05 am

bin Laden is probably alive and well, awaiting political asylum in the Netherlands.
Everyone who is prosecuted for his beliefs get asylum here  Sad and he certainly falls into that category...
I wish I were flying