lehpron

Game Setup Failed To Extract Files...

Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:11 am

It already pisses me off that I downloaded game demo that wont setup and that Microsoft asks for a fee for technical support.

Situation: I downloaded the 37MB-demo to Age of Empires II:Conquerors Expansion. When I begin the setup it says:

Drive C: Available 635.6MB, Required 73.6MB

Then asks me to create a folder for it or not, then after 10 seconds of install, I get this message:

Setup failed to extract files from C:/MSGAME.CAB. This is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file) or a corrupted cabinet file. Please restart your machine and try again

I have a 64MB RAM and there are no other programs running, furthermore all *.CAB files are in the C:/Windows and C:/Program files folders. I have no MSGAME.CAB. What would you do??

I already have the previous version demo Age of Empires II: Age of Kings installed, would it help if I uninstalled that one?

The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

174thfwff

RE: Game Setup Failed To Extract Files...

Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:40 am

Well it could be many things.
Usualy it's windows way of telling you to reinstall its self.

Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

lehpron

Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:58 am

Reinstall the whole Windows 98 OS?! I've tried it many ways, couldn't I find some kind of online patch or redownload the demo or something less horrendous?
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

174thfwff

Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:59 am

It could be many things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But usualy it's windows way of telling you to reinstall itself.
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

McRingRing

Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:02 pm

Hmm... maybe it's Microsoft's way of telling you to buy Windows XP or another one of their latest and greatest. Big grin
B==============) ~~~~

Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:33 pm

More than likely. you just need to redownload the demo. It is probably corrupted,this happens often.