Has Anyone Been To Slovenia?

Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:09 am

Have you ever visited my native Slovenia? Did you like it/hate it? Where exactly did you go? What were your favorite sites? Where did you stay? What airline did you fly to get there?

I'm looking forward to your responses!

Here are some pictures of the country. I posted some of them back in November, but many are brand-new. If you would like to see more, just go to:

Slovenia's Tourist Information Network

Source: Slovenian Tourist Board (Tourist Information Network)

Greg

RE: Has Anyone Been To Slovenia?

Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:39 am

Yes...two months ago...Drove through a small section on a trip from Venice, Italy to Pula, Croatia to visit a ship yard.
We got lost.

Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:46 am

Greg,

Did you get to see Piran (the town in the top photo)? It's a well-known tourist destination not far from the main Italy-to-Croatia highway.

LH423

Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:10 am

I would like to. I have heard that Ljubljana is a beatiful city, and complements well with a trip to Vienna, as unlike Vienna, which is big, Ljubljana is a quaint city nestled in the mountains.

Someday, I'll go.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

EIPremier

Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:47 pm

I wrote a lengthy report on the FRY last spring, and certainly that whetted my appetite to visit the region. Based on what I have read, Slovenia is the most scenic and the most prosperous of the former Yugoslav republics, although I certainly still have interest in exploring other portions of the region.

D

Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:09 pm

I used to live in Croatia and I used to visit Slovenia many many times.

In short, I love it. It's a great place. In Croatia we used to watch Slovenian TV channels, cause they had much better movies.  Smile

Slovenia is not only one of the most prosperous of the former Yu, but also one among the most developed in the region... In many things they are light years away from the Balkans.

All the best,
D