redngold

Post Your Sympathy Here -- For Charles Bishop

Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:01 am

Mr. and Mrs. Bishop,

I am sorry for your loss. No matter what your son's intentions were in the last few moments of his life, it is a tragic loss. It is my sincere hope that the circumstances of his death will not cause you a long-term burden, in public or in private.

Without judging the reasons behind your son's actions, it is obvious that he had some internal turmoil which took everyone by surprise. I pray that in his last moments, Charles was able to find some peace amidst the violence.

Please accept my most sincere condolences.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Stapleton
Cleveland, OH, USA
Up, up and away!

727LOVER

RE: Post Your Sympathy Here -- For Charles Bishop

Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:05 am

Living here in Tampa, this has hit me hard. I see that hole in the building as I drive to work each morning. My condolences to the family.  Sad
Love Trumps Hate

Jaspike

Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:20 am

Why don't we get Johan to make a Charles Bishop Memorial Forum..

Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:24 am

Turns out he was a member here too...

Eric- A.net VA VP

McRingRing

Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:25 am

Was there a Mr. Bishop? I thought he was raised by a single mom...
B==============) ~~~~

Alaskaairlines

Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:25 am

Charles could have prevented this accident.

He must have had some serious problems with his head, you will not find a student pilot just go and take off without permission.

-Dmitry

flyf15

Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:43 am

I feel quite bad for the family involved here and all loved ones, but not him. He was an idiot who choose to take his own life and screw up a lot of others. I nominate him for a Darwin award. Maybe if he knew he was going to be a laughing stock and not a hero he would've choose another cowardly way to take his life, yet in any case, he does not deserve any more respect than sewer scum.

rapo

Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:11 am

I'd like to thank him for thinning out the gene-pool. The only gratitude I have is that no innocent people were killed.

rapo

Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:29 am

I could not agree more with FlyF15.
Iain

kaitakfan

Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:32 am

well said Flyf15 and rapo. The kid deserves no sympathy! His parents yes. But if anyone feels bad for him then something is wrong here! He is no different then the scum bags that flew into the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and the field out in PA. Why have any memorial for someone that flys an airplane into a building?!? This makes no sense at all!

heavymetal

Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:45 am

I'm not big on half assed X/Y charts to cross reference how much pity to offer up someone.

Osama bin Laden and Mohammed Atta were just smart enough to achieve a pity-less state called evil.

This kid didn't appear to be evil. Just very messed up. Thus I pity him. Sympathy?...well, it seems like he hurt a helluva lotta people, if not actually in the target he drilled into. So my sympathy goes to them.

At the very least, this kid did something that COULD have been done by someone genuinely evil, heading for a far more precious target.

Show me the Coast Guard chopper not equipped with a high powered rifle today as opposed to last week...

Show me the air controller who hasn't refined his or her threat perception...

Show me a general aviation community that isn't now saying to themselves "yknow maybe planes should have better LOCKS..."

Badness always has a an equal and opposite reaction. Charles killed himself and punched a nasty but easily fixed hole in a building. That's it. Unlike 9/11, the positives that may come from this substantially outweigh the price that was paid.

ryanb741

Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:38 am

My sympathy with the parents - although I do wonder how he got to the stage he did. Lets be thankful we don't have these types of problems
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

KROC

Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:43 am

Sympathy for Charles Bishop...Are you serious?

redngold

Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:01 am

Yes, KROC, I'm serious. Ok, maybe I meant sympathy for his family and friends, but there are grieving, confused people out there. I'm not saying to forget what the kid did. Just have some compassion for his family (especially his grandmother, who took him for the lesson.)

redngold
Up, up and away!

KROC

Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:03 am

I feel sorry for his family in the sense they lost there son, grandson, ect. I can't feel too sorry, because I don't know how this kids life was. Also, I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for Charles himself.

dreamexpress

Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:09 am

sympathy for him... ummmm... Does anyone feel sympathy for the the gits that fly'ed into the Trade Centre? I dont.
As for a Charles memorium forum.... NO! We may as well have a forum for the best terrorist. No person who wants to kill people deserves any sympathy.

ILS

Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:55 am

This kid was no Al Qaeda member. He was a simple 15 year old kid attending a high school, with some problems. There are many kids in this forum in this boys EXACT same situation.

Alessandro

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:00 am

The bottom line is that he shouldn´t have been allowed
to fly in the first case, nor hang around hang airplanes. Seem like flight schools have to inforce stricter rules,
perhaps limit the areas where airplane training are allowed.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

KROC

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:04 am

ILS, but these boys on this forum are not jacking a plane to crash it into a building. Dude had something wrong other than the everyday teenage Lubcha problems.

ILS

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:05 am

"ILS, but these boys on this forum are not jacking a plane to crash it into a building"

That's exactly what this kid was! He was a boy with problems, and he did jack a plane.

KROC

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:07 am

ILS, the difference. Lubcha is not at his local airfield taking off in a Cessna looking for the closest 40 plus story building to plow into.

ILS

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:09 am

KROC, this kid never posted "My Life Sucks" threads. I am sure that if he crashed into a building, then his life sucked. Lubcha obviously had enough problems that were bigger than this kids to post his problems. So Lubchas problems are greater than this kids problems meaning that people like this will do some really freaky stuff.

Damn I screwed that one up. Must be the Vodka talking.

KROC

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:14 am

ILS, the ones that talk about there issues are usually not the ones to worry about. Besides, I had no idea you and Charles were such good buddies that you knew what was going on in his life. My bad. I guess I won't say anything more. Oh, and wern't the Trench Coat Mafia of Columbine fame "quiet" as you say?

DG_pilot

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:16 am

This is sickening. I will give him NO sympathy!

Were his parents paying ANY attention to him? Did they care? I'd like to know how he was brought up.

Any how, this individual will go down into American history as a loser and a terrorist--an appropriate description.

I don't think many people on here realize the extent to which he has negatively affected general aviation.

ILS

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:26 am

KROC, where did you get the impression that we were buddies? I just responded to the guy's questions a few times.

America West

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:34 am

I feel for the family, but definitely not him. I don't feel that there should be any memorial or sympathy for someone that steals a plane and flies it into a building. I don't care what type of problems this kid had.

When he decided to fly that plane into the building, he obviously knew (or thought) that he was going to take other lives along with his (thank God that wasn't the case). His suicide note said that he had nothing but sympathy and support for Osama bin Laden. That is bad enough. Why should anyone like that get my sympathy?

lubcha132

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:51 am

Big thumbs up

15- yes
high school- yes
lonely- yes
smart- eh

the only way i can start a plane is by hitting Ctrl-E. i only have .6 (36 mins) flying time.

and i'm not going to kill myself.

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:56 am

I have lots of sympathy for his family and him also. I'm sad because this young man didn't know any other way to deal with his pain then this. It seems the cries for help were there, but nobody heard them. It's always sad when a child's life is shortened. He didn't even give himself a chance to enjoy life, and to become something great. He robbed himself of that chance, and that's what's so heartbreaking.

KROC

Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:57 am

ILS, you were commenting like you knew dude personaly. Saying because he didn't post how sad his life was meant he wasn't that bad off. Truth is, we don't know, nor will we ever owe.

lubcha132

Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:10 am

i feel bad for his family and people he knew but no feelings for him really.

VirginA340

Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:32 pm

You must be on crack to feel sorryfor this kid and his dad. His mom, friends and others yes. His father has been jailed repeatedly for drug possesion,shop lifting, and now is wanted for Herroine possesion. The state of Massachussetts has a warrent for his arrest. To feel sorry for him is like feeling sorry for Muhammed Atta. Did it ever occur to you that big buildings like this aren't totally empty. Did it ever occur to you that building security, cleaners and people who work late coul've been killed as well as those below on the street walikng or driving by. God forbid if that tail broke off and landed on a passing car with people inside. Why don't you air your symapthies to the hundreds people in the SWA 737 that nearly lost their lives as this jackass and well see the reactions that you get. Sypmapthys!?! HA!!! Give it to someone who really deserves it like his mom, grandmother, friends and the poeple that were nearly killed by this maniac. It's a miracle he snapped now instead of 10 years from now as him being a commecrial pilot flying for a major airline who job is responsible for the hundreds on his watch!

Me feel sorry for him!?! Why don't some of you sympathysers come to downtown Manhatten and see the damage his kind can do.

A cessna can do alot of damage esp fully fueled ones. Just as the residents of the California Neighborhood that had a PSA 727 with a burning destroyed wing crash into their livingrooms. No survivors on the plane and a dozen on the ground dead.

I agree with KROC on this issue.
"FUIMUS"

VirginA340

Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:52 pm

The PSA 727's wing was hit by a Cessna
"FUIMUS"

Wed Jan 09, 2002 6:40 pm

What a lot of mean spirited, immature people there are in this forum.

Todays reports indicate that he was prescribed a medication known for inducing suicidal tendancies and depression. More indication that he was mentally ill. His mental illness was probably hidden behind the unusual behaviour exhibited by teenagers of that age.

What hope is there for the mentally ill in the world when they are scorned and sneered at by the ignorant who allow their fear to be turned into anger.

I mourn the death of a 15 year old boy. I am pleased that his death did not result in the death of others.

My sympathies are extended to his parent/s and friends. May he find in death the peace he did not find in life.

VH-ADG

Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:07 am

Yes, I heard that on the news this morning about the acne medication. Poor kid, my heart goes out to him deeply.

carmy

Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:17 am

Well my heart goes out to his family. Hopefully they'll be able to pull through this difficult time.

Same sad feelings to the kid. I just wish there was someone he could have turned to when he most needed help. Maybe the entire inccident wouldn't have happened then.

Lowsonboy

Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:30 am

Some of the stuff written on this forum is horrible. The poor kid was obviously seriously messed in the head to the extent that he wanted to take his own life, and possibly the lives of others at the same time. Now those are serious problems. How anyone cannot have sympathy for a kid that is that screwed up is beyond me.
He was no terrorist (and anyone that calls him one does not understand the meaning of the word). The only thing he had in common with the subhumans who masterminded and carried out flying commercial airliners into the WTC and Pentagon with such horrific devastating effect was that he flew a plane into a building with no regard for his life or anyone elses. If you were one of his parents how the hell would you feel? Would it make you feel better if people started saying that your 15 year old son had serious problems that you never knew about and decided they were so bad he had to end his life in such a brutal manner?
I feel really sorry for him and his parents and hope that in death he may now have found the peace that clearly eluded him in life. Thank god he did not harm anyone else innocent in this tragedy.

rapo

Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:27 am

You're forgetting that he tried to take others out with him. That's why I feel as sorry for him as I do Klebold & Harris (which is, I don't). In this day, there are so many outlets for troubled kids to turn to whether it be family, community or counselors in school. Had he chosen one of those routes, I would have genuine sympathy for him. But for him to use his personal problems as a reason to fly a plane into the side of a building where there very well could have been people inside is just plain wrong. I save my sympathy for those who truly deserve it. I'm usually a very compassionate person but I show no compassion for those who choose to do damage & intentionally try to hurt others around them.

rapo

airlinelover

Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:59 am

I offer Charles a Vulcan Proverb:

May you find in death, the peace you never found in life.

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

kaitakfan

Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:06 am

No damn excuse about how screwed up he was! There are millions of people screwed up in this world and they arnt flying god damn airplanes into buildings!! I cant mourn for someone who was this far beyond driven to kill himself and OBVIOUSLY others! if he is gonna kill himself its one thing, but when there is intent to kill others by such means as a WTC knock off attack, then I feel a line has been crossed. ADG, You have no right to call others mean spirited and such, just because we view this case as something a bit more serious then a little suicide by a messed up teen as you see it. when you start having planes fly into buildings down there maybe you will start to look at things a bit differently. I am still interested in seeing what will become of our general aviation world here in the states.

blink182

Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:56 pm

I couldn't agree more with flyf15, very well put.

rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

yyz717

Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:00 pm

Sympathy? I don't think so.

15yo's are old enough to know right from wrong. Bad enough he killed himself but he very easily could have killed someone else.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:24 pm

One question: If he were on a prescription that was known to cause depression and suicidal tendancies, then obviously someone had to purchase them for him i.e. a gardian, so why the hell was he allowed to fly at all?
Sympathy for him? No way! Sympathy for his parents? Not a chance! They let him go to flight training even knowing the medication he was on causes adverse side affects.

Regards,

VirginA340

Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:54 pm

ADG; your the one being blind by the facts among other of the more bleeding hearts on this forum feeling sorry for this brat! If a he had crashed into the buidling a few hours earlier and a dozen or so were killed. Then I dare one person to feel sorry for this looser. No sypathy for him at all! How many of the 2800 that died at the WTC would like their lives back? Alot He is selfish for putting his family into a deeper emotional distress by killing himself.

But if he wanted to kill himself do it out in the Atlantic or in an empty field not in a building full of night crew workers or alsomst try to crash into an SWA 737!
"FUIMUS"

America West

Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:22 am

I mourn the death of a 15 year old boy.

I mourn the death of a 15 year old boy too, but not when he steals a plane and tries to take innocent lives along with his. He flew a plane into a building! He could have killed many people that could have been working in that building, not to mention those people leaving Tampa on that Southwest Airlines jet that he came within 1000 feet of!

Would it make you feel better if people started saying that your 15 year old son had serious problems that you never knew about and decided they were so bad he had to end his life in such a brutal manner?

Its the truth.

If this kid was on medication that is known for "inducing suicidal tendancies and depression" (not to mention the fact that this kid had other mental and emotional problems), then why was he allowed to fly at all?

Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:28 am

If you were one of his parents how the hell would you feel? Would it make you feel better if people started saying that your 15 year old son had serious problems that you never knew about and decided they were so bad he had to end his life in such a brutal manner?

How would you feel if you were in the building that he flew into? How would you feel if you went home and found out on the television that some messed up kid almost flew into the plane that you just got off of 2 hours ago?

Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:12 am

No sympathy at all!

Parents must be lousy to raise a kid like that without any morals, values, or social responsability, and while the kid had problems, NEWSFLASH, we all do, life can suck, but logic usually rules against committing suicide in such an attrocious way during such a sensitive time in our nation.

dumb dumb dumb.

better he's gone at 15 than 30.

EGGD

Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:32 am

The PSA 727's wing was hit by a Cessna

Actually, the PSA 727's flight crew failed to maintain visual separation with the cessna in front, and so the PSA aircraft hit the cessna, and not Vice Versa Big grin

btw, this post is 'post your sympathy here for Charles Bishop' not 'post here if you disagree'.

I personally feel sorry for his family, because Charles obviously took his life without trying to talk his problems over with his parent(s).

Regards

Dan

DeanBNE

Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:43 pm

source: Sydney Morning Herald

"Parents of Tampa suicide pilot also tried to kill themselves"

Miami, Florida: The parents of the 15-year-old who crashed his light plane into a Tampa, Florida office building had themselves attempted suicide in 1984, a newspaper reported today.

Charles Bishara and Julia Bishop, then aged 19 and 17, made a suicide pact when they were denied a marriage licence, the St Petersburg Times reported.

The couple failed in their attempt to commit suicide by inhaling carbon monoxide from an automobile, according to the daily, which quoted police reports and newspaper stories from that time.

They are now divorced, and Bishop changed both her surname and that of her son after splitting from her husband.
***snip***

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure this guy had no emtional problems  Yeah sure

777236ER

RE:EGGD

Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:13 am

But the cessna had made an unauthorised right hand turn that brought it into the path of the 727.
Your bone's got a little machine

Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:27 am

Why the point in this post? Forget it, he's gone, get over it and get on with life...if he had problems-fine, but do we need to go on and on about this? It's for his family to deliberate on, not us.

Let's talk about something else...what's been done, is done.

Respectfully,
Capt.Picard