klm672
Topic Author

White Pigment Spots

Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:49 am

I have white pigment spots that really show in the summer, I hear alot of people have these, is there any cure, or any creme to make the white spots less visable. Yes, I have seen a dr. a while back but nothing was done....
thanks

ILS

RE: White Pigment Spots

Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:42 am

I get these when I tan during summer. It is caused when you are subjected to a lot of sunlight. A special fungus then grows on your skin, causing the loss of pigment. My dermatologist gave me Spectazole Cream (Econazole Nitrate 1%). I put it on for a month, and they went away and never came back. But, the doctor warned that they will come back in summer again, so just save the cream. You need a perscription for this. There is no way to prevent them, except wear a shirt and don't go outside, which is unlikely. So, just ask for this cream.  Big thumbs up

redngold

Sat Jan 12, 2002 11:33 am

You should probably see a dermatologist, not just your family or primary physician. It's probably sun-related, but you want to have the spots checked out by a doctor who specializes in skin.

redngold
Up, up and away!

Turbolet

Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:35 pm

Hmm... I have these spots on my abs and under my right knee, they don't show up in winter but when I get a tan in summer there's a sort of white patch (they're also kinda rough to the touch if you get what I mean). My dad, a pathologist, tells me there's nothing wrong/dangerous about them and nothing I can do either. Basically I don't care because I'm not perfect anyway, I do have scars which show up in summer when I'm tanned so I cannot be bothered about a few white spots.
-turbolet

klm672
Topic Author

Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:38 pm

Red: yes I did a doctor who specializes in skin, it was a little while back and now we more "modern". They don't bother me, its just people ask so many dam questions...

klm672
Topic Author

Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:57 pm

ILS: Can u email me more about that cream and what is it called, by summer, I may loose this post, because now (winter) I don't really need the cream....
thanks

klm672
Topic Author

Sun Jan 13, 2002 7:27 am

My email is andre777@hehe.com

klm672
Topic Author

Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:07 am

I would email u, but its "witheld"