777lover
Topic Author

Dittoheads Unite!

Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:10 am

If you're a Dittohead, sign in! Smokin cool

ILS

RE: Dittoheads Unite!

Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:31 am

I will sign in for whatever a Dittohead is.

yyz717

Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:53 am

ditto.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

heavymetal

Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:57 am

Dittohead- (dit-toe'~head(or "head-case") ) A loyal listener of the radio talk show host (see:demagogue, propagandist) Rush Limbaugh known to numbly and blindly agree with everything said host says and thinks, hence "ditto". Well known throughtout the animal kingdom for selective interpretation, narrow minded focus and unquestioned obedience. Found primarily in central flatlands, prairies, southern swamps and faceless suburbs, though certain species (dittoheadus intellectus) inhabit Northeastern cities and can be identified by the ever present notion that their feces doesn't stink.

Once numbering 22 million, scientists(of the radio ratings variety) say there are now fewer than 16 million left in the U.S.

NKP S2

Wed Jan 30, 2002 8:28 am

FYI: As officially stated, "Dittos" is just an abbreviated way of stating that one likes the program. A "Dittohead" would be someone who likes the program- NOT one that agrees with all he says. The audience is not some monolithic bloc. - Would it not also be demogoguery, as well as monumentally hubristic, to claim that one end of the political spectrum, and certain areas of the country, hold exclusive rights to independent thought? -- I disgree as often, if not more, than I agree with him, but I like the show for being thought provoking and providing much good info and insight that one would not get from watching the major news networks. To that end; The show IS equal time.

N400QX

Wed Jan 30, 2002 8:39 am

I am a proud Dittohead!!! Even more so since Rush got his hearing back-- I just couldn't stand his new voice when he was deaf. And NKP S2 is right-- a Dittohead doesn't necessarily agree with Rush all the time (I don't), but it is a loyal listener. I even have a coffee mug to prove it!

Contrary to leftist beliefs, Rush Limbaugh is still the most listened-to man in America, heard coast-to-coast in hundreds of cities. Conservatives have traditionally controlled talk radio and Rush is no exception.

N400QX
DITTOHEAD

KROC

Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:10 am

I thought Limbaugh fans were called "dildoheads"? I could be wrong though.

N400QX

Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:11 am

KROC, no, thats Howard Stern. Or that one talk show host from LA.. can't recall his name. Lefty.

N400QX

Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:20 am

Tom Lykis! Thats his name. "Dildohead".

KROC

Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:30 am

N400QX: See, Howard Stern fans don't feel the need to give themselves a corny name, nor does he feel the need to name them. Besides, Stern is an entertainer. Limbaugh is a nutcase who leads blind people who can't think for themselves. Dittohead. Cluelesshead. They could be interchanging.

Signed, one Republican who see's through Limbaugh's act.

N400QX

Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:32 am

>See, Howard Stern fans don't feel the need to give themselves a corny name, etc etc etc etc

Ok, I wasn't really going for Howard Stern, but I just had to throw a lefty radio host's name out there.

"Dildohead" is the name of the listeners to the Tom Lykis (sp?) Show.

And you don't have to be so pissy. Rush is cool (yes, sometimes a bit stuck-up, but who cares?). Not a nutcase, either.

KROC

Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:35 am

N400QX. I'm not being pissy, but as so posted my my homeboy from the left We're Nuts, Limbuagh believes what he believes right or wrong, and expects the world to go along with that.

Howard Stern is not on the left. His political views are actually formed by the candidates themselves. He does not vote for Dems or Reps. He always extends invitaions to candidates in elections, usually local ones to come on the show, and say what they have to say. After hearing things, he formulates his opinions. Just because he doesn't like Rush, doesn't mean he is a leftist.

PHLflyer

Wed Jan 30, 2002 12:22 pm

It's time for a bake sale!

N400QX

Wed Jan 30, 2002 12:24 pm

>Limbuagh believes what he believes right or wrong, and expects the world to go along with that.

I don't care what he expects, I just care what he says. And sometimes he is right.

Did Rush hang up on you or something?  Nuts

IMissPiedmont

Wed Jan 30, 2002 12:47 pm

Heavymetal has the perfect definition. Rush makes sense about 1 % of the time, otherwise he is another blathering idiot. How this fool has been on the air this long is beyond my understanding. Or, perhaps not. After all Survivor, The Weakest Link and some travesty called The Jerry Springer Show are among the highest rated on television. Pandering to the mindless masses seems to be a great formula for success.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

N400QX

Wed Jan 30, 2002 12:51 pm

>After all Survivor, The Weakest Link and some travesty called The Jerry Springer Show are among the highest rated on television

Those shows cater to people with too much free time, people with too much free time, and white trash, respectively.

>How this fool has been on the air this long is beyond my understanding.

He isn't a fool, and he has been on the air because he has been saying something RIGHT for the past 13 years and tens of millions of people enjoy listening to him.

A question to all the leftist Rush bashers-- do you even LISTEN to Rush Limbaugh? If so, how much? If not, why do you even open your mouths?

heavymetal

Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:58 pm

Actually, I'm NOT leftist (full-time card carrying anyway), I listen to Rush practically every day(because of the job I do) and I live about ten minutes away from him.

Occassionally I agree with Rush. He did an incredible interview with Rudy Giulianni about a month or two ago. I laugh when self serving cartoon charectors like Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson play right into his hands.

But it boils down to this; when I was 12 or 13, my dad told me "not to believe everything I heard."

Not every evil thing in the world is the Demon-crats fault. Not every good thing in the world is the result of Republican forsight & ingenuity. Yet Rush demands that basic premise from his loyalists. They're suckers.

Although I must say the calls the station used to get from "Dittoheads" telling us that our Emergency Broadcast System severe weather interuptions were actually a Clinton federal government plot to silence their hero...have tapered off.

N400QX

Wed Jan 30, 2002 4:40 pm

Yeah, same with me.. I don't always agree with him-- a lot of the time, but not all the time. I don't think hes far enough right.  Laugh out loud And, yes, I love it when he rips on Jackson, et al, and plays the Paul Shanklin parodies.

>Not every evil thing in the world is the Demon-crats fault. Not every good thing in the world is the result of Republican forsight & ingenuity.

I know, I know... and I'm not Republican.  Big grin

>...were actually a Clinton federal government plot to silence their hero...have tapered off.

Well, while I really doubt the Clintons had anything to do with it, I will suggest that the stations did. Stations have been known, as has the local Seattle station KVI, to have "technical difficulties" or "weather news" during certain segments of certain shows (ie Rush and Savage).

Even the Leftmedia controls the Rightmedia.  Laugh out loud

N400QX

CPDC10-30

Wed Jan 30, 2002 4:47 pm

tens of millions of people enjoy listening to him

Yeah, and tens of millions of people listen to Art Bell too. Pretty scary, eh?

KROC

Wed Jan 30, 2002 7:18 pm

Hey, I listen to Art Bell! lol. But I don't dub myself a Bellhead either.

heavymetal

Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:23 pm

Well, while I really doubt the Clintons had anything to do with it, I will suggest that the stations did.

So you're one of them huh? An insidious leftist plot everywhere you look. As a broadcaster, I can now confirm you don't know what you're talking about.

Why would stations work to silence a cash cow like Rush? Why would they shut up the show that consistently makes them the most money? For politics? Why the hell do they have him to begin with?

Rest assured, when a line of thunderstorms responsible for creating an F4 tornado (which thankfully tore up only a few corn fields) and an F3 tornado (which tore up a junior high school....luckily it was summer) is rolling across your primary broadcast area......as a broadcaster your moral and legal responsibility is to interupt the exalted Mr. Limbaugh and report severe weather.

Even Rush would agree.

L-188

Wed Jan 30, 2002 11:06 pm

Don't you dare bring Art Bell into this....

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Metwrench

Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:47 pm

I'll sign on as a "dittohead", I'm sure KROC & Heavymetal will be shocked.

Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:23 am

I'm a "dittohead" to. Personally, I think that his greatest contribution is that he has "stirred the pot" and is getting people to start thinking again. Do I blindly agree with every sylable that comes out of his mouth? Of course not, but I do subscribe to his basic philosophies.

KROC

Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:50 am

Metwrench why should I be shocked? It's just a matter (at least IMHO) that if your a Rush fan, thats fine, but you have to be able to a.) not believe everything he says, and take it as gospel and b.) at least admit his views and opinions are extremely one sided. I enjoy the Art Bell show, but I don't subscribe to every theory he does. I used to be a Rush fan, but I got really tired of this one sided rehtoric. If you like him, there is nothing wrong with that. Anybody that "stirs the pot" I am all for. Liek I said, its the people that blindly follow this dude are the ones that need to start thinking a little on there own.

heavymetal

Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:58 am

Rush did 'stir the pot'....about eleven years ago. I think he generously contributed to the debates then on welfare, race quotas, defense readiness and especially overspending and the deficit.

The problem I have is that the Republican Congress of today suffers from much of the same bloated, idealogical tunnel vision that the Democratic Congress of the 80s suffered from. Yet does he turn his mighty righteousness on them? No. At best he becomes their apologist and at worst their Goebbels.

In any case, listen to those commercials running on his show. Lose weight fast! Get rich quick! Invest in this, invest in that. The perfect answer to balding! Lotsa half-assed shyster schemes. You know why they're advertising on Rush? Nothing to do with politics, believe me.

It's because that audience has been researched and shown to be far more believing of everything they hear.

Metwrench

Fri Feb 01, 2002 6:25 am

I have listened to Rush's show maybe 20 times in the last 5 years. I've got a 9 - 5 Monday through Friday job.

He use to have a 30 minute televised version that played late night and was rebroadcast at 6:00 AM where I live. I would watch that AM show while getting ready for work. It was extremely entertaining in respect to how he countered the views from the "Talking Heads" of the Network news shows. Yes there was wild postulating, grandstanding and shameless showmanship, but that's part of his act.

The network and local news teams present stories of a political nature one sided. During the Mid Clinton years, the news media was definitely on his side. Rush presented a counterpoint that existed nowhere else.

I agree with Some of Rush's ideas. I am politically conservative to the point that the Federal Government is too big, and takes too much money from us.

I support a modern, motivated, extremely powerful National Defense.

I believe that the "Law of the Land" must be equal in all States.

I believe in restricting immigration to only sincere motivated persons.

What's with the Fed's threatening withholding highway funds if a State doesn't comply the latest mandate? That's my money you took from me!

Too many tasks are being medalled with on Federal, State, and Local levels. Education, emergency services, health and sanitation, are things that should managed down here, where we live.

Why do federal and state employees get to manage their social security withholdings like it was an IRA or 401K? I'd like that choice as well. That money is part of my compensation for working with the supposed goal of providing some retirement compensation.

Anyhow, just a few thoughts from a guy that likes Rush Limbaugh.

727LOVER

Fri Feb 01, 2002 7:47 am

"The federal govt is too big"

Gee, Metwrench, under George W. its gotten bigger!!!

"The networks present political stories one-sided"

P R O V E I T !!!!!  Angry
I feel woozy....what did you put in that Pudding Pop?

Hurricane

Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:59 am

Rather than ranting about Rush, I'm gonna suggest to all of you two books: The way things aren't (Can't remember who wrote it) and Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot by Al Franken. They shed some light on some really interesting things. Go to your library and read those books and be glad im not going to rant on this subject...  Smile

Metwrench

Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:23 am

Gee 727LOVER, how about proving some things yourself, instead of throwing out  Angry faces.

Your two points:

I'm not happy with the way things are going domesticaly under our present administration.

News Media One Sided? Okay, you don't agree with Rush, try Fox News Hannity and Colms, Greta Van Susteren, Bill O'Reilly. Try Alan Keyes. You will get information that is not allways presented on the 6:00 News.

By the way, what do think of the rest of my thoughts?

Met

727LOVER

Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:03 am

OK,here's my response Metwrench.

You're trying to tell me during Lewinskygate, the media was on Clinton's side?

Now, I agree with you on the items you listed,BUT you didn't hit on abortion, death penalty, domestic partnerships, chads Big grin

I just get tired of right-wingers complaining that the media is biased!! I don't see it!! Give me some examples!!

Here's a headline: "Hurricane Danny strikes Florida!"
OK, how do you LIBERALIZE that story?

And what what I'm really tired of is people like Rush,O'Reilly, & Maher thinking that they are God.

Oh and as far as one-sided goes: do you think that Matt Drudge searches for dirt on any Repulican?

P.S. I am not a registered Dem or Repub
I feel woozy....what did you put in that Pudding Pop?