Freeware To Replace Easy CD Creator

Fri Feb 01, 2002 7:40 am

Hey guys I got Windows XP and having some problems with my software. I am going to have to re-install Office 2000 as excel does not work, but the biggest problem is my CD burner. I am currently using (well trying to) Easy CD creator 4 which is not compatible with XP. I spoke to the lads at Iomega about the probs they said I need hotburn or something like that which costs $30! I would rather not spend the extra money and wonder if any of your guys know of some freeware that will allow me to burn on my Iomega zip CDWR 650?
Thanks,
Iain
Did anyone else have lots of problems with XP? It seems that Microsoft and other companies have used it to flush out all the old software and force you to buy the new stuff! Something needs to be done about such practices; I might even start a class action suit against Microsoft and Co. all procedes would go to buy computer equipment for for schools in poor areas.

watewate

RE: Freeware To Replace Easy CD Creator

Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:37 am

XP definitely needs better driver support. Webcam doesn't work. Even iPaq PDA doesn't sync properly.

N400QX

Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:09 am

I haven't had a single problem with XP in the month plus that I've had it. No freezes, no software issues... only problems were with my ISP (unrelated issue).

Anyway, for use with my CDRW drive, I've been using Easy CD Creator 5 and it has worked. Not anything glamorous, but it works.

Microsoft has really got the job done with XP, in my opinion.

skyservice_330

Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:24 am

Get Nero. It is compatible with XP and works great. It doesn't have the fancy GUI that ECC does but I really like it.

http://nero.com/

flyf15

Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:34 am

Iain,

I have that same CDRW drive as you. Last time I checked, it only worked correctly with the software that came with it. Don't know if anything has changed, but if not, it'll be the last Iomega product I buy!