PanAm747
Topic Author

Difference Between Honda And Hyundai?

Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:18 am

What is the difference?

They are two different companies right?

Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

4holer

RE: Difference Between Honda And Hyundai?

Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:24 am

A few thousand dollars, for one.
But in my opinion, about the same difference between a spit and a swallow.

j
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

mls515

Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:02 am

Honda is Japanesse, Hyundai is Korean.

Hyundai makes cheap cars. Honda used to make inexpensive and efficient cars but now they are more like all the other ones: less efficient and more expensive. The quality has always been pretty good in my opinion, and that's how they took a big bite out of the American manufacturers' asses who were making shit cars in the 80s.

Honda also has many other products with gas engines like generators, lawn mowers, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, etc..

trickijedi

Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:54 pm

The difference between the two? I got two words for you:

resale value!
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

Ilyushin96M

Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:01 pm

LOL! Hmm. Well, aside from Honda being Japanese and Hyundai being Korean...let's just say we're talking HUGE differences in build quality, reliability, resale value, value-per-dollar, comfort, style, and class.

I have to admit, Hyundai has improved HUGELY since the days of their first model, the Excel, a two-, four- and five-door model which sold for under $6,000 new. Many of them required new engines within the first year of being on the road, a problem that Honda never seemed to encounter. And having owned a Honda, as well as driven various Hondas and Hyundais I detailed over the years, I think Hyundai has never been able to compare with Japanese cars in terms of quality.

Honda all the way, baby!

sebolino

Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:37 pm

Strange question. These companies are totally differents.
Honda cars are good and expensive.
Hyundai cars are better and better and quite cheap.
The reliability problem of Hyundai seems to be solved. They now make good cars, with excellent design. But that's true, it's hard to resale.

desertjets

Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:30 am

The only serious downside to a Hyundai is poor resale value, but that seems to be coming around as well. Plus if you plan on keeping the car more than 3 or 4 years, resale value becomes more and more negligible. Quality is certainly up to par with the Japanese manufacters, and you generally get more product and content for the buck than with a Japanese car. Plus they offer the best warranty in the industry... which should be worth something, at least the cost of an extended warranty.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

American_4275

Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:22 am

DesertJets,
I was certainly impressed by Hyundai at the last car show I went to (in January) but saying that their quality is comparible to, say, a Toyota, is not true. Although it might look nice on the inside and out, the materials they use are cheap and flimsy.

American_4275

AmericanMD80

Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:37 am

The Diffrence is HONDAS ARE AWESOME!
I haven't really ever heard anything good about Hyundai's! I definately think Honda quality is superior, and the resale value is awesome! My family has owned/leased a lot of Honda's, and all were trouble free (except the windshield wipers have always been crapy, and Honda owners notice this?)

1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
1990 Honda Accord LX Coupe
1994 Honda Accord LX Coupe
1994 Honda Accord LX Sedan X2
1996 Honda Civic DX Hatchback
1997 Honda Civic DX Sedan
1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan X2
1999 Honda CR-V LX AWD
2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD
2001 Honda Civic EX coupe
2002 Honda CR-V LX

Joey