tbar220

How Do I Make A .wav File?

Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:28 am

I need help with this. I want to take a part of an .mp3 that I have and convert it to a .wav file, not something too long, maybe at most a five second clip of the .wav file. Is there anything I can do?

Can anybody help me? Thanks.
NO URLS in signature

Herman

RE: How Do I Make A .wav File?

Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:33 am

Hey there,

How BIG is the filesize.

You can send me thru ICQ / Messenger and I do it for you for Free...

ICQ No: 62393116
Email : erbium6@hotmail.com

Cheers,
 Smokin cool

KCLE

Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:37 am

Look for a good mp3 to wav converter, you can find free evaluation versions online that let you convert 30 files and then you have to buy the program, (or so they say...). Then you should wind up with a wav file of the mp3 that is 10+ mb. Now open up Sound Recorder, assuming you are running a Windows based OS. You can find this by going to Start--->Programs--->Accesories--->Entertainment (on Win ME)--->Sound Recorder. Open up your new wav file, it will take awhile to open since it is a large file, but once you get it open, play the file, and when you get to the portion of the file you want, stop the wav right before the section, and go to Edit--->Delete before Current Position. Click OK and that part you want should be the beginning of the file now. Next, play the file and stop right after the section you want to save is finished, and go to Edit--->Delete after current position. Click OK. Now your file should be just the section you want.

If you are still confused, let me know here, I'll give you my E-mail address, and you send me the mp3 and the part you want saved, and I'll do it for you.

Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:03 pm

Look for a good mp3 to wav converter, you can find free evaluation versions online that let you convert 30 files and then you have to buy the program

You can also find good mp3 to wav converters that arent evaluation, they are free forever.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter

GET IT HERE!

Thom@s

Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:41 pm

Get a hold of MusicMatch. With this you can convert Mp3 to WAV, WAV to Mp3, copy audio cds and turn them into Mp3 or WAV. Best file converter in the world.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

gekkogecko

Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:45 pm

Here is a simple way. Every Soundcard (as I remember) has a Wave Recorder. Play the mp3-file and capture the part you want with the recorder.

Illini_152

Sat Feb 09, 2002 9:06 am

Winamp is my fav. for mp3-wav conversion. Fairly fast too. Then simply use a .wav editing program to trim it down. I use Nero for my CD's and it has one built into it.
Happy contrails - I support B747Skipper and Jetguy

Herman

Sat Feb 09, 2002 4:13 pm

I use Sonic Foundry, open the MP3 file and Save As WAV, thats all !!

We not talkin bout superb CD quality though, yea !

But it still sounds great !!

Cheers,
Herman  Smokin cool