TurbineBeaver
Topic Author

Olympic TV Coverage

Mon Feb 11, 2002 6:45 am

NBC, I've really gotta hand it to you. I don't think anyone else could have done any worse a job at such a poor coverage of the Olympics. Personally, I think that the coverage on TV of events at Salt Lake is OUTRAGEOUS. Here on the east coast, we don't start getting events until after 3pm (like today, we missed the mens downhill), and a lot of the ones that they have aired haven't even been live. These events are taking place on our home soil, and NBC still cannot come through with a quality service of footage of the events. It is really shameful.

TB

I Like To Fly

RE: Olympic TV Coverage

Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:20 am

I was thinking the same thing this afternoon. You'd think with all of the promotion and hype NBC has done, even incorporating the Olympic rings into the NBC logo for like a year and a half they would have much better coverage. Oh well.

LOT767-300ER

Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:08 am

Its horrible, NBC just sucks, even if you combine MSNBC, CNBC and NBC, I have all 3 and combined their still bad. They put commercials in the opening ceremony! Who the hell wants to see some dumb ATT commercial damn it!

764ER

Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:28 am

And if anyone else wants to cover the Olympics, they can't use ANY video. They have to use STILL pictures. Example, if they want to show a hockey goal, they can only show pictures, not the goal being scored. Thanks NBC. What cocksuckers.

Could you imagine FOX saying "you can only use stills of the Superbowl and the World Series." Yeah, right...

LH423

Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:35 pm

I think CBC should make a push southward  Smile I know cities on the border get CBC, and I've heard that their coverage of the Olympics is 10x better than anything NBC has offered. When it the IOC gonna stop thinking with their wallets and start thinking a bit more about what the people who are going to be watching them want. I mean, in the end it starts putting the whole Olympics down as an event, and not just NBC for their shitty coverage.

CBC PLEASE

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

L-188

Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:12 pm

I wouldn't mind CBC programming....We only get last seasons Red Green episodes.

As far as the olympic coverage goes....I miss Curt Gowdy(I hope I spelled his last name right)
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

ctbarnes

Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:26 pm

I hate to admit it, their coverage so far seems to be better this year than it was at the Sydney games. They seem actually to be showing some sport, although the commenaries are still vacuous and there are way too many commercials.

Not perfect, but definately a step in the right direction

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy