Palestinians Target Pizzerias, Dont Like Italians?

Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:32 am

Today a pizzeria in Karnei Shomrom was bombed by a Palestinian killing two Israelis.

Serious question: Do the Palestinians really think such acts will achieve peace in the region or get them their state?

I personally know it won't but I'm open to having my mind changed with effective and accurate counter argument.

Second bombed pizzeria, so much for italian food in the middle east.  Smile

Arsenal@LHR

RE: Palestinians Target Pizzerias, Dont Like Italians?

Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:36 am

Maybe the pizza's didn't have enough cheese on them Big grin
In Arsene we trust!!

Superfly

Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:38 am

Nothing beats Chicago style pizza!

Bring back the Concorde

Arsenal@LHR

Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:40 am

Or it probably wasn't crispy enough Big grin
In Arsene we trust!!

PanAm747

Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:42 am

How sad, I'm happy that I went into a McDonald's today and the thought of being blown up never crossed my mind, even after 9/11.

I guess the Israelis have more to worry about.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

Hoffa

Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:30 am

Actually, the Palestinians hope to escalate the conflict to such a high degree that the US and Europeans are forced to reengage them.

The bombings are despicable, but I can't see them getting a state without the bombings either.

Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:54 am

but I can't see them getting a state without the bombings either.

first insightful comment of the thread.

Can you explain your point here, I'd like to understand your reasoning.

tnnh

Hoffa

Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:59 am

Simple, the Palestinian goal of 100% control of West Bank and Gaza with a capital in East Jerusalem and full right of return for all refugees will never be realized whether they bomb or not.

This is why Arafat talks peace, but quietly encourages the "martyrs" to do their thing. He hopes Europe or Russia will come riding to the rescue.

fspilot747

Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:51 am

Oh so you know EXACTLY what is on Arafat's mind??? You know what he hopes??? Of course, he might have something in his head thats not exactly clear. He doesn't outwardly promote killings of Israeli citizens, but Sharon....well...I'll just stop here, you seem to know everything anyways  Insane

tbar220

Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:56 am

FSPilot747,

Oh so you know EXACTLY what is on Sharon's mind??? You know what he hopes??? Of course, he might have something in his head thats not exactly clear. He doesn't outwardly promote killings of Palestinian citizens, but Arafat....well...I'll just stop here, you seem to know everything anyways.

See how it goes both ways FSPilot747? Its all too easy to post a comment like yours. Look at it both ways.
NO URLS in signature

TWA902fly

Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:56 pm

Superfly- hell yeah. Thats possibly the only good thing about being here in Chicago..

if you go to the store buy one of those frozen Home Run Inn pizza's

those are good..

TWA902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

Sun Feb 17, 2002 1:57 pm

great post TBar220, our site is too inundated with generic posts like that. I mean that could could be talking about Pol Pot for all we know.

Trvlr

Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:51 pm

ba-dum-bump-psssshhhh!

Aaron G.

tbar220

Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:43 pm

ROFL Aaron!  Big thumbs up Big thumbs up
NO URLS in signature

Hoffa

Mon Feb 18, 2002 3:39 pm

Oh so you know EXACTLY what is on Arafat's mind??? You know what he hopes??? Of course, he might have something in his head thats not exactly clear. He doesn't outwardly promote killings of Israeli citizens, but Sharon....well...I'll just stop here, you seem to know everything anyways

Get your head out of your ass. Arafat subtly promotes terrorism, sometimes targeted at Israeli civilians, sometimes just at settlers and IDF soldiers depending on the international and media situation. He hopes to exploit internal divisions within Israeli society and this strategy is working quite well.

Mon Feb 18, 2002 4:36 pm

When Arafat proclaims that he wants to be a martyr for Jerusalem,
or when he says it's worth "sacrificing" 70 Palestinians in order to kill one Israeli,

is too difficult to know what's in his mind??

No, it's easy: he has in mind to STOP THE VIOLENCE...

L-188

Mon Feb 18, 2002 4:45 pm

Actually it is believed that Pizza originated in the black sea region. Armenia, Aberbijan and Chechnya. It stands for bread cooked in the ashes of a traditional backing oven. Somebody got the bright idead to put meats and olives on the top to skip a step by not having to cook both at the same time. Pizzia is better when cooked on a stone anyway.

Actually why would the Palistinians target a pizzia parlor? Their muslum brothers invented the stuff.

Maybe somebody got served one with Feta and Anchovies on it. That would be bad.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

heavymetal

Mon Feb 18, 2002 11:18 pm

Actually, the Palestinians hope to escalate the conflict to such a high degree that the US and Europeans are forced to reengage them.

Re-engage? That option has been and is still open 24/7, anytime, anyway. The phone still works...for now.

No, Palestinian bombing of family oriented Israeli targets is the political equivilent of a childish temper tantrum. This society on a neighborhood level insists on letting itself be dominated by the loudest, brashest thug who promises the swiftest retribution against Israeli injustices. There's clearly not a one among them (and if there are their voices are drowned in an orgy of self-victimizing indignation) who understands what truly engages the West....the West has always had a soft spot for the underdog, but throughout this decades long tempest, sheer Palestinian ego & testosterone has refused to allow them to be portrayed as the aggrieved , underdog party. A 12 year old Palestinian boy is murdered on film by Israeli forces? That image alone could get them their state if they knew what to do with it. But instead, the first thing they do is go search for a 12 year old Israeli to murder....or ten of them. Or twenty. And the West stands back, disgusted.

They have yet to learn that bomb-strapped young men killing families arent 'martyrs' to us...they're cowards. It's not a manly thing. A man faces his enemy, not children.

Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:15 am

well said Heavymetal.

the Palestinians have no clue on how to deal with this mess they're in.

jgore

Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:53 am

the reason they choose pizzerias, is to make an attack where people is more crawded. they don't choose pizzerias, they choose shoppings where, casually, there are pizzerias like SBARRO.

Tue Feb 19, 2002 12:14 pm

really? And all I thought was that they just held a huge grudge against that weird boot-shaped peninsula.

Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:28 pm

pizza-eaters are often youngsters, and they are the terrorists' preferred target! Because it hurts more the spirit of the Israeli society, and it destroys entire families forever.
The Sbarro in downtown Jerusalem was crowded with families when the suicide bomber exploded; many small children were killed. The 2 victims of the shopping mall pizzeria were teens: a 14 year old girl and a 15 year old boy, and most of the wounded are also teenagers, including 4 girls still fighting for their lives.

jwenting

Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:43 am

The PLO does not care whether they bomb a pizzeria or a shoestore. All they care about is killing as many people (preferably Jews, but Christians will do) as possible.
Their ultimate goal is the elimination of Jews and Christians first from the Holy Land (theirs and ours happen to overlap...) and then from the entire world.
I wish I were flying

Superfly

Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:44 am

......and this thread will not change a SINGLE mind here.  Insane
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:35 am

are you familiar with the phrase "never again" in the context of the Jewish people?

tbar220

Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:19 am

Superfly,

And your post is extremely productive and adds to the overall quality of the thread.

If you think these threads are pointless (which is what you're implying) then don't bother with them dude. But we sure are going to take part in them if we want to.
NO URLS in signature