Beer-brands With Bad Reputation In Your Country?

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:01 am

My teacher is dutch, and sometimes he bashes the beer called "Amstel" - It seems that he enjoys doing so.

Is there any beer-brands in your country that you really dislike?

Lautir

RE: Beer-brands With Bad Reputation In Your Country?

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:08 am

How about you americans, admit that "Bud" really isn´t such a good beer??

A swedish beer you should stay away from is the one called "Pripps Blå" - it´s what I call "standard selection", so no sensations there...

Smile

Lautir

4holer

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:09 am

Old Milwaukee
Milwaukee's Best
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Keystone
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

JetService

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:13 am

Hey man! Bud Light is my beer! Coors Light is my second.

4holer nailed all the good ones for this topic. How about the old days? Meisterbraü ($4.99 a case at Kroger), Buckhorn, Falstaff (brewed in Fort Wayne!), Red White & Blue (what they wring out of the mop at the PBR factory).

"Shaddap you!"

Sabena332

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:15 am

In my opinion is Warsteiner the worst beer here in Germany. If you order a beer on a Lufthansa flight, ask always for a Beck`s, otherwise you get served a Warsteiner. If you drink it, you will change your opinion about German beer.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

NJTurnpike

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:16 am

I recall 'Double Diamond' being universally loathed in the UK many years ago, and it almost totally disappeared up its own arse ...

...only to rear its unfashionable head here in the US a couple of years back. Don't fall for the 'Quality UK Beer' moniker around this stuff. It's vile...buy John Courage or Bass instead!

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:18 am

"Meisterbraü"??? That name is familliar! I Better take a trip to google.com to find out more.

Jetservice - Info: "6'3" 205lbs"

"Light" beer for a guy like you???

Lautir

Skyway1

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:21 am

I can't beleive no Americans have said "natural light" yet! That name explains it all.

Chris
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:22 am

Sabena332 - Isn´t there a company in Belgium that produce beer on a roof of an old building? I saw a documentary, and there were; spiderwebs in the roof, and cats running around...

But I surely wouldn´t chicken out to try that brand!

Lautir

Smile

Sabena332

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:28 am

Hi Lautir,

sorry but I don`t know because I`m not from Belgium, even if my username looks like that.

Anyway, I also wouldn`t try that brand because it sounds not very tasty (spiderwebs and cats).

Patrick

NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

FLY 8

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:29 am

I don´t care as long there is enough beer!!!!!!!!!!

No my favourite here in Austria is Zipfer beer, second would be Stiegl or Fohrenbräu.

The beer I really don´t like is Schwechater, Zillertal Bier and Adam Bräu!
yes i can handle that alone. - - -famous last words

Sabena332

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:33 am

...btw, a Belgium company called Interbrew has took over the Beck`s brewery last year. I hope that it is not the same company that Lautir described a few postings above Big grin

Patrick

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:40 am

Some german-brands here in Sweden confuses me, for example. "Löwenbrau". Is that brand really german? It looks like it´s a swedish fabrication with a fake-german identity.
Any germans out there who can help me sort things out!

Lautir

JetService

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:41 am

Lautir, actually I weighed myself this morning and I was 208. YIKES!

I prefer the light beer more for the reduced carbohydrates. I'm cutting those because, while my weight is OK, I get a bit of a belly when I overdo the carbs. Miller Lite has the least carbs of all, but I just like the taste of Bud/Coors. Also, I'm starting to like MGD.

Skyway1, good call on the Natural Light. Forgot about that one.
"Shaddap you!"

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:51 am

JetService - Ok, I understand your concerns on reducing the intakes of carbos. I´m 6.1 high, and weigh 170 pounds. I don´t have a belly, but I´m afraid of getting one.

During the years 1999-2000 I went from weighing 264.5 pounds to 181.7. I traine ALOT during those two years, the reason behind that horrific weight was my abnormal food-intake. I don´t blame beer though, today I eat normal and keep my weight on a stable level.

"I rather drink beer than eating fast-food or candy". That´s my main opinion.

Lautir

Skyway1

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:55 am

Jetservice,

I usually go for Bud as well, just like it more than others it seems. The best way I can explain natural light would be piss in a can, but that's just my taste. BTW, how the hell can Miller have "Genuine draft light"??? That seems a little weird to me!

Chris

Skyway1

Oops

Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:58 am

I really meant that was my opinion of natural light, piss in a can isn't my tatse!

Chris

JetService

Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:01 am

I misspelled it...its Meister Bräu

"Shaddap you!"

Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:02 am

OOHH! That "Meister Bräu"-can looks really cheap!

Smile

Lautir

N14053

Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:44 am

Isn't Pabst Blue Ribbon what Kid Rock drinks?

I would like to try this beer someday.

JetService

Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:59 am

LOL Lautir! Cheap indeed. I think they just gave it away, and just charged you for the packaging. Unbelievable!

Congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome. My high was 235 and it was allll belly. Thin everywhere else. I was the classic carboholic. Now belly is pretty much gone, but reappears quickly if I'm not careful. Foods high in fat never seemed to affect me, just the damn carbs.

Skyway1, actually, the MGD I drink once in a while isn't the light kind because it's hard to find at the bar. But it does exist and your question is a fair one! I liked your perspective on Natural Light. LOL!!!!
"Shaddap you!"

gr325

Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:14 am

In holland I think it will be Buckler. the forst non-alcholic beer. It is as worse as you can think of. Personaly I think Amstel is not a bad beer. But the Best one is Grolsch of course  Big thumbs up
"You should have gone to specsavers"

KAL_LM

Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:16 am

to each their own but...

I really can't stand Miller, Bud, Coors etc...

maybe it was because of one too many bad experiences with them, but that's just me.

Milwaukee's Best (i.e. The Beast) - horrible
PBR - not too bad considering the cost...
Natural Light? - not if you paid me!

Tom
is that a light at the end of the tunnel or just a train?

BWIrwy4

Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:29 am

Natural Light, Milwaukee's Best, Miller High Life, and Busch are all awful.

kaitakfan

Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:18 pm

i try to avoid any american beer i possibly can! its all gross! I enjoy either Irish or Australian beer! Victoria Bitter and Crown Lager are prehaps the best beers on earth!

NKP S2

Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:14 pm

Miller 'Lite'. I'm not exaggerating when I say it literally tastes like a 70/30 pilsener and water mix...actually, it has no taste at all. The absolute worst beer on the planet. The relative popularity of it here in the US astounds me. -- 'Natural Light' and 'Busch' are much the same- Extremely watery. -- Hell, let's make it simple: ANYthing "light" is the worst.

LHMark

Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:49 pm

Rochester is home to some baddies: "Genesee" beer, named after the grey-green river that slowly oozes past the brewery. If you're underage, you'll wind up drinking "Genny Light," a beer that's startling in its absolute lack of any flavor or body characteristics whatsoever.

Killian's Red makes me ralph, too.

-Mark
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

johnboy

Sat Feb 23, 2002 11:37 pm

Iron City (and Iron City Light)
Schaeffer (and Light)

However they were incredibly cheap about 25 years ago. And they did the job nicely.

Boy those were the days: you could take your female friend with huge boobs into the liquor stores, and they NEVER, EVER carded you.

Plus if the police stopped you in the car, they just made you pour out the beer and let the most sober person in the bunch drive home.

Delta15

Sun Feb 24, 2002 5:57 am

Miluakees Best, also commonly reffered to as Beast is the most talked about when talking about shitty beers in my high school, but its also the most often bought, and the most common at parties. Personally I think it tastes good, and you cant beat the price ($.40 or less.)

Sun Feb 24, 2002 6:07 am

Sorry Jetservice, but i think Bud tastes like Horse Piss! Big grin I prefer Corona, or better yet, Heineken. MGD isn't bed either...  Big thumbs up

United_fan

Sun Feb 24, 2002 9:34 am

My hometown of Rochester New York has a brewery that makes "Genesee " beer. Nobody I know likes it. Everybody thinks they use the water out of the polluted Genesee river that runs thru our fair city. But for some reason old people from out of town can't get enough of it.Yuck.......
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

An-225

Sun Feb 24, 2002 5:18 pm

I don't like Coors, Bud, Busch, Miller or other crap like that. Add Keystone light and other cheap shit to that.

I drink Bass, Guinness, Heineken, Corona, Baltika (Russian beer), New Castle Brown Ale, and other imported stuff. It is good Big grin
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.