seven_fifty7

Cruel Comments Re: Aloha 737-200

Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:28 pm

...And now he's deleted himself. His dad is apparently dying of cancer. One way he preferred to deal with it is to come here and share using a poetic-like post entitled, "Shiftless Winds Of Change In A Quiet Earth...." (http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/187155/).

Yet, in that thread, a bunch of sadistic jerks are calling him a "drama queen," "a wuss", and saying "get over it," "this post is lame, lame, lame," etc. As far as I remember, Aloha737-200 has never been anything other than mature (for someone his age) peacemaking and a great contributor to this forum. Why the venom? Especially from someone like him? And now he's gone and deleted himself. Have you no humanity? Don't you know anyone with cancer or a major illness?

I'm convinced more than ever now... There's more than enough ruthless nazi/al-qaeda/Taliban assholes in here.

You guys know who you are and I hope someday you all get ran over by a run-away DC10.

Sick f*cks.

Jaspike

RE: Cruel Comments Re: Aloha 737-200

Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:31 pm

I've just read that post, and I agree with you SEVEN_FIFTY7.

Josh
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

ryanb741

Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:32 pm

I agree 100%. Poor kid - at a really formative and impressionable stage of his life, and those idiots talking about him like that is disgraceful. They are sub-human.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:32 pm

Yeah dude, that was pretty awful to do to a kid who is losing his dad.

b747ca

Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:38 pm

Agreed compasion and sensitivity does not exist in this forum.

Anything for a laugh.

If there are any moderators here, DELETE THEIR ASSES.
ma va funk ulo

Jaspike

Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:41 pm

They should think how it would feel if they were in Aloha 737-200's shoes, if they can do that.

Josh
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

NZ767

Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:46 pm

I just read Alohas post too and I agree; what a bunch of arseholes.
Some people need an outlet in times of grief and this was Alohas even though he was directing it at people he doesn't even know.
Sometimes people in his position feel much better just by putting things down on paper.
But thanks to comments like that directed at his post, poor bugger probably feels like shit now.

Obviously a lot of growing up needed around here!

EGGD

Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:11 pm

SEVEN_FIFTY7 - Do you have Aloha's current email address? I hope he is ok, he was there when I was depressed, so I really need to talk to him...

EGGD

Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:15 pm

And I just read that thread, people were more thoughtful when I admitted that I lied about my age... What has this site become? Well, at least non-aviation anyway....

Seems most people have the maturity of a 2 year old (i've seen 2yr olds who act better than people on this forum..)

RE: NZ767

Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:17 pm

Ah ha! That is where you are wrong my friend! He thought he knew us! He thought we were his friends! He posted that thinking we could offer our help! And what a beautiful post it was!

We have all let him down, I'm ashamed....

I hope people like 764 sleep well tonite  Pissed

seb146

Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:26 pm

In the last few weeks, I've notice there have been a lot of jerks come on to the forums. I would delete myself as well, but what few friends I have are here. This place is really going downhill fast and this whole thing with Aloha is just proving that.

Aloha: I'm sorry about your father. Things will get worse before they get better. That will take time, and it will not happen soon enough. Just remember that there are a few of us that are with you in spirit.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

777236ER

Sun Feb 24, 2002 10:15 pm

Ok, people may bitch about how we should be more compassionate blah blah blah, be more kind yada yada yada, but how many of you have actually tried to comfort and console Aloha 737-200?? Virtually no one. 351 have read his comment, only 4-5 people have replied with anything positive for him, and even that was just "good luck".

Some of you have wished him good luck, but what good is a clichéd comment gonna do him? Nothing. I stand by my view that this is ONLY an internet forum and this kinda stuff shouldn't be posted here.

Your bone's got a little machine

Jaspike

Sun Feb 24, 2002 10:18 pm

Tell me his email address and I will.

KROC

Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:56 pm

SEVEN_FIFTY7. I'm not sure how much you have read about Aloha's problems, but the treatment he receives from his parents is deplorable. His father beat him, treated him like a slave, and broke down his self-esteem at every waking chance. His mother would never do anything to help her son. His "dad" is his step-father. Aloha was always on here posting the latest disgusing thing his father did to him. No matter what, Aloha stayed by his dad and stuck up for him. I never understood that. Talking about he wanted a family and sh*t. A family that does what his parents did to him? That is not a family. I read the thread that you posted 7, and I really didn't see anything in there, that I found disturbing. Frenchie, 764 hit the nail on the head. I am a straight forward kind of person too. If Aloha's dad had cancer or whatever, in my personal opinion, he had it coming/What goes around comes around. He did all that ill shit to his kid, and now, payback is being taken out of his ass. Nothing against Aloha, because that is my man. We get into it now and then, but dude is a pretty cool kid, who deserves a much better life. People on here offered Aloha advice all the time, especially me. I told him what he needed to hear, and needed to do, but time and time again, he never listened to anyone, and just went on, only to post something else a few days later. Because he basically involved those of us that read his threads on here, gives those who post the right to there own opinions, and the right to say them, even if they are negative against Aloha. Too call people "sick f*cks" I think is a little outlandish. That title should be reserved for Aloha's parents.

764ER

Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:04 am

Wow, SEVEN_FIFTY7.

These are some pretty damn good observations. I mean, some *really* damn good observations.

Gosh, man. You always make me think.  Insane

OK, face it... Aloha had like 25 posts about his dad. And they were all the same. He kept getting the same advice over and over, but he wouldn't take it. Then he comes in with "Shiftless winds..." or whatever that crap was. It was just ridiculous. Seriously... read it again.

Am I happy this is happening to him? Of course not. Do I know someone who died from a similar disease? Yes. Is it unfortunate that he's in this situation? Yes. Are you people being extremely oversensitive? Yes... again. Maybe when things like this happen to you, you like to wallow in your own self-pity. Well not me. See how far pity gets you.

The post is lame. The situation is not.

I don't see the problem just posting "my dad has cancer, won't admit it." I mean, the guy already has a shitload of posts about it anyway. But turning it into that? We weren't talking about him, we were talking about the post.

You guys know who you are and I hope someday you all get ran over by a run-away DC10.

Sick f*cks.

Hmm... pot calling the kettle black on this one, huh. But I'm sure you won't acknowledge that...

There's more than enough ruthless nazi/al-qaeda/Taliban assholes in here.

Making plenty of sense on that one. Care to point some out?

I agree with 777236ER. This is not the place.

And Leftseat86, I had a good night's sleep. Big grin

Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:20 am

Am I happy this is happening to him? Of course not.

Yeah right, we believe you. What a dipshit. Are you sure you're not from TVC?!  Big grin

Do I know someone who died from a similar disease? Yes.

Hey dippy, since you knew someone in a similar situation then it's okay to make light of the situation, right?

764ER

Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:33 am

Yeah right, we believe you. What a dipshit. Are you sure you're not from TVC?!

Yeah, like I'd live in that urine-soaked hellhole. I don't know why you resort to name-calling. You must be lacking in a lot of things...

Hey dippy, since you knew someone in a similar situation then it's okay to make light of the situation, right?

Hmm... I missed that part. Could you point out where I said that?

Saloth Sar (so smart he responded to 2 whole sentences)  Sad  Sleepy

BTW, I didn't see you eager to help Aloha. In fact, I didn't see you post anything in his thread, at all. Shows how much you care.  Insane

And for those of you whe care so much, I believe his email is Alohacooldude@yahoo.com .

EGGD

Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:39 am

754er - surely if you know someone who it has happened to, you will know how sensitive a subject it is. I hope whoever was around you at that time poked fun of you and made jokes out of whatever you tried to say.

I lost 3 Grandparents to Lung Cancer, most people just didn't say anything, and I didn't say much back, it worked so much better than showing what you felt, and then seeing other peoples reactions (pity, or just being an asshole)...

JetService

Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:42 am

Wow, I must've been sleeping. I didn't go into that referenced thread and I suspect now all the nastiness has been surgically removed. But all the past and problems aside with the relationships moted, why on Earth would this man not get treatment? Cancer isn't a death penalty anymore. In fact, if treated early, its frequently curible. Sorry to change gears and talk about the illness itself, but that is unbelievable!!!
"Shaddap you!"

Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:46 am

BTW, I didn't see you eager to help Aloha.

How do you know? Just because I didn't post here doesn't mean I don't care or help. I have his email address.

BTW, Got any lotto numbers for me? Big grin

EGGD, forget it. You're wasting your time with incorrigible people.

764ER

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:34 am

754er - surely if you know someone who it has happened to, you will know how sensitive a subject it is. I hope whoever was around you at that time poked fun of you and made jokes out of whatever you tried to say.

What are you trying to say? That what I did was fine? Yeah, thought so.

I lost 3 Grandparents to Lung Cancer, most people just didn't say anything, and I didn't say much back, it worked so much better than showing what you felt, and then seeing other peoples reactions (pity, or just being an asshole)...

Whatever works for you... Again, this is not the place for that kind of thing.

And Saloth, if you cared that much you WOULD HAVE posted in the thread. But you don't. So you didn't.

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:35 am

Why is it that everyone expects everybody else to respect their opinions, yet so many refuse to except others opinions. You don't have to agree, just repect them. 764er didn't come on here and say something like "Great, his pops is gonna DIE!!!!!" He voiced his opinion, much like I did, on the whole Aloha/Aloha's child abussing dad/and this poem thread or whatever. It's not like we know nothing about Aloha's dad. We know that dude, gets his rock's off beating on his step-child, demoralizing him everychane he can get, and acting like an a$$hole to Aloha. When I say what goes around, comes around, I believe. I mean it. I am not happy, or whatever, I am indifferent, but with wht dude has done to Aloha, you can't help (at least I can't) think that he had is coming. The fact that most think Aloha's thread is/was crap, is because as me and 764er stated, that he posted about 200 threads all about how his dad is basically making him miserable. He had advice, some bad, much good, and allot of support from people on here...even that dick KROC had his back. he never listened, or even acted on anything, instead he kept taking the beatings and crap, and kept posting here. Now his pops has Cancer, and he posts on here like we are going to give his child abusing father sympathy. Who actually thought that would happen? At least from those of us that has tried to help Aloha, and know his situation???

EGGD

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:41 am

KROC - some peoples opinions, just like some peoples beliefs are unacceptable. Just think about all those Taliban soldiers who's opinions were that the USA was evil, and should be destroyed. That is not acceptable, and neither is someone making fun of a kid who is about to lose his father (and despite all he has been through, LOVES HIS FATHER).

seven_fifty7

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:58 am

>>OK, face it... Aloha had like 25 posts about his dad. And they were all the same. He kept getting the same advice over and over, but he wouldn't take it. Then he comes in with "Shiftless winds..." or whatever that crap was. It was just ridiculous. Seriously...

Am I happy this is happening to him? Of course not. Do I know someone who died from a similar disease? Yes. Is it unfortunate that he's in this situation? Yes. Are you people being extremely oversensitive? Yes... again. Maybe when things like this happen to you, you like to wallow in your own self-pity. Well not me. See how far pity gets you.<<

Oh gee, 764er, I guess I didn't see it like that. Wow! What a dufus of me! ...Gosh, should I email Aloha and remind him how much of pitiful crybaby he is? ...How 'bout if I tell him to stop being so "gay" and break open a few beers and start inviting some gorgeous blondes to the funeral?

Look. To the nitwits in here:

Aloha is far more gracious with you guys that I could ever be, because who cares what kind of allegedly abusive relationship he had with his parents? Who cares how many posts he's written about it? All of that is beside the point at this stage. If you feel the father "has what's coming to him" why not focus on that and that alone? Instead, all I remember was someone telling Aloha, "Adios drama queen," and "boo hoo, crybaby." What's the purpose in rubbing HIS nose in it just because you "kept giving him advice" and he wouldn't take it? Why go for the jugular? What has he done to YOU?

>>Hmm... pot calling the kettle black on this one, huh. But I'm sure you won't acknowledge that...<<

...You're damn right, guy. Especially since you'd be hard-pressed to come up with a REAL example of what the hell you're talking about.

And while you're at it 764er, how 'bout if you shove those silly little emoticons you love using far up your rear end. You both are annoying.

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:04 am

EGGD. Who are you to decide that someone else's opinions are "unacceptable"? last time I checked, you were not GOD! As for a kid about to loose his father, he should have known better than post that on here, for all the crying he did, and asking for advice and help. My opinion of his father is what goes around comes around. Is that unacceptable, or do you stick up for child abusers too EGGD?

Frenchie, we are cool. Just a but of sarcasm for that ass.

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:07 am

Bye Aloha.

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:07 am

NYC man, we are NOT cool, EGGD is my English holmes!  Angry GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!

Big thumbs up

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:09 am

SEVEN_FIFTY7. We have always been cool, and I am not trying to start shit with you, but why is it that we haveto see this YOUR way, and OUR way (mine, and 764er, and pretty much everyone else) is wrong? Again, like EGGD, I had no idea you had the ability to determine who's opinions are right and wrong. OPINIONS! Also, nobody was rubbing Aloha's nose in the fact his dad beats his ass. We were saying that posting that on this forum, where he did nothing but ask for HELP, that he got from tons of people, but never did anything, posting something about his dad having cancer on here, will not win much sympathy. Let me guess, should I have sypathy for say a serial killer who after killing 19 people finds out he has cancer? How about no. Here, I find out that a Man, and I use that term loosely gets his rocks off beating up his kid has cancer. Do I have sympathy for him. How about a big fat NO. I lost my Grandmother to Cancer, but she was a good woman. There are differences.....

764ER

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:11 am

Well somthing seems to have gotten your abs 'n inches all up in a bunch...

Oh gee, 764er, I guess I didn't see it like that. Wow! What a dufus of me! ...Gosh, should I email Aloha and remind him how much of pitiful crybaby he is? ...How 'bout if I tell him to stop being so "gay" and break open a few beers and start inviting some gorgeous blondes to the funeral?

Yeah, that's an emoticon. But as for your statement... HUH? I wonder where you get ideas like that... Where do you get those evil thoughts?  Sad

You're damn right, guy. Especially since you'd be hard-pressed to come up with a REAL example of what the hell you're talking about.

Angry guy! Angry guy!

Real example: (I'll bold it so you know what I'm talking about)

Yet, in that thread, a bunch of sadistic jerks are calling him a "drama queen," "a wuss", and saying "get over it," "this post is lame, lame, lame," etc. As far as I remember, Aloha737-200 has never been anything other than mature (for someone his age) peacemaking and a great contributor to this forum. Why the venom? Especially from someone like him? And now he's gone and deleted himself. Have you no humanity? Don't you know anyone with cancer or a major illness?

I'm convinced more than ever now... There's more than enough ruthless nazi/al-qaeda/Taliban assholes in here.

Sick f*cks.

So you like the emoticons?

RE: Kroc!

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:12 am

I think the problem is less about them not being sympathetic 4 his dad, than it is about the way they made fun of what they percieved as an overly poetic post. Either way it was not cool.

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:14 am

When you post on here, you open yourself to critisizm, no matter what.

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:28 am

Just ask Matt D.

seven_fifty7

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:42 am

Yes, KROC, I've always considered you kool too.

But that being said, if I remember correctly, I don't remember any posts by written by you in the thread in question. So not to come off as bombastic jerk, but since I was never referring to you, how did you get so involved?

>>Let me guess, should I have sypathy for say a serial killer who after killing 19 people finds out he has cancer? How about no.<<

Now KROC. I'll let you figure out where this is such a bad analogy. Are we now equating Aloha to some serial killer? C'mon. Besides, I think you and your little annoying friend, 764er, are missing my point. It's one thing to feel the abusive father deserves his illness, but it's ANOTHER thing to taunt Aloha and his feelings during a time of his father's death. These are two seperate things. And in Aloha's thread, nobody focused on how the father deserved what he got. Instead, everyone focused on Aloha being some kind of jelly-spined wimp. I don't think that was right, and that's the crux of my whole opinion.

And for the record, no one HAS to see my opinion as anything. However, I think it's appropriate for me to call a spade a spade wherever I see it.

This is how I am online, in-person, on the phone, wherever. And if I think some anonymous dudderhead has a STUPID opinion they're gonna know about it.

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:46 am

Do a search SEVEN_FIFTY7. I was in many of those threads. Thats now I got involved. NEXT.

My analogy with the serial killer was in feeling sympathy. Did I give you too much credit in thinking ou could see that. Nowhere did Icompare Aloha to say Arthur Shawcross. NEXT.

I call a spade a spade too, and you are acting like you can tell people that there opinions are wrong. You are not arguing your opinion vs. anothers.

764ER

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:47 am

Actually, in my annoying post I annoyingly said something about the dad being a cocksucker and getting what he deserved, but someone thought I was annoying and suggested deletion for my annoying post. Annoyingly, it was deleted. Of course, I added some annoying smilies to show that I was not being annoyingly serious, but they annoyingly got deleted, too.  Sad

Nobody taunted Aloha, people taunted his post. It's not too hard to see.  Insane But easy to forget, I guess...

seven_fifty7

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:57 am

KROC, the thread in question (as I put it ) is Aloha's last thread (the one that's still up). I didn't remember your name attaced to any of those nasty posts (before it got sanitized), and I didn't see your name on the current version when I checked it 10 minutes ago.

Is that clear?

So, again... how (and why) are you so involved now?

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:59 am

How and why am I involved? Because I have an opinion, and by god, I have the ability to speak it if i want. Much like you have.

Oh, and I don't see your name in that Aloha thread......so to you "how (and why) are you so involved now?"

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:00 am

KROC was involved in almost every one of Aloha's help post prior to this one. And he can also read the post without replying.

seven_fifty7

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:05 am

Well, actually, KROC, I DID get involved in Aloha's last thread.

I think my post got, uhh, accidently deleted with the rest.

TWA902fly

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:05 am

Uh Aloha is a great guy with a whole lot of sh!t thats not his fault. After not being able to use the internet for awhile he got onto good-old airliners.net, and people start insulting him right away. Well alright so he deletes himself. Ive talked to Aloha many many many times, and have helped him with some very important decisions in his life. And by the way Aloha is not "stable" and he has had suicidal thoughts before, more than thoughts actually. So you never know when youre going to pull the last straw. And you, some random airliners.net user might just someday say something at the wrong time. But anyways, he emailed me and he's doing alright. Why can't people just be nice... i mean all thise "its just my opinion" who really cares... whats the point? it IS just an aviation website with some kid you'll never meet, so if you know he takes you seriously why piss him off?

think

TWA902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:08 am

SEVEN_FIFTY7. If your post was deleted, then it violated rules right? You need to respect other peoples opinions. Not agree, but at least respect them. Me and you are at opposite ends here, and I don't agree with you, but I understand where you are coming from, and respect that. Unfortunatly, I don't think that is flowing both ways. Isn't that hypocrisy?

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:08 am

TWA902fly... How much is your insurance going up?

seven_fifty7

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:14 am

Excellent point TWA902. And it would be kool if others saw it that way.

I think enough has been said from my standpoint. Plus, I don't even know him. Too bad about his suicidal tendencies, though. With that in mind, I think it would be best for him not to ever come back here.

You might get some sadistic knucklehead encouraging him to "jump!" "jump"! "jump"!

TWA902fly

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:14 am

rolex- something like 20%, since we didnt have full coverage. but we fixed the car at some cheap garage which cost $6000 less than what the dealership told us. so its all good.

But thanks for mentioning. I love remembering bad things too.  Big grin

TWA902

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:21 am

You might get some sadistic knucklehead encouraging him to "jump!" "jump"! "jump"!

Give me a break. By the way, if you talk about killing yourself, you prtty much won't do it. Proven fact.

174thfwff

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:22 am

My post got deleted for asking where Aloha is...wonder why?
Aloha, good luck man. I wish the best.
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

seven_fifty7

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:30 am

Yes, yes, yes, Mom, ...-er, uh uh, I mean KROC.

I'll be a good boy from now on. But do I haaave to share my little wittle Power Rangers with the others? I don't waaannnnna!

Yeah sure

(^^for annoying 764er).

iwareboy

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:31 am

Insane

TWA902fly

Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:02 am

Well he wasnt talking about it, i asked him about it because he seemed on the edge- and I was right. KROC what are you trying to prove anyways? There's not exactly two sides to this post.

TWA902

donder10

Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:05 am

I wish him the best.He will be missed