Suggestion - Close The Non-Aviation Forum

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:04 am

Ok I know I'm gonna get a lot a shit for this,

I Think that we should close this forum for obvious reasons. First, 80% of the conversations here turn into childish name calling, flaming arguments. Some people join or create multiple identities just to post flamebaits on this forum, this is not tolerable

Seriously, I'm all for deleting this forum. If you think that's too extreme then limit it's access, don't let newbies post in it. This forum should be for those who have proven they can behave and communicate like humans.

Hey, before Johan created the Non-aviation, we never complained. Then when it was introduced, maybe not immediately but a short while after, the bashing and flaming started and it has somehow spread to other forums too.

Until some of you can behave I think closing this forum down is the best choice.

Just my opinion,
Nico

Jaspike

RE: Suggestion - Close The Non-Aviation Forum

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:07 am

80% - no way, you cannot say they all end up like that.

If you don't like it, don't come! Or hit the suggest deletion button more. Like I have done for this topic!

Josh
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

American_4275

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:07 am

I like it. It's a place for me to get advice, or just debate about a certain topic. I find pleasure (most of the time) in coming to this forum and reading the posts. Sometimes, yeah, there are problems because we're human and a lot of us have different views since we're coming from different places and have been brought up with different values etc.

My suggestion is if it's really bugging you, don't come. No one's forcing you to participate in this forum...but for those of us who do gain pleasure out of it, don't ruin it.

Regards,
American_4275

Jaspike

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:10 am

Couldn't agree with you more American_4275 Big thumbs up

Josh

EGGD

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:10 am

This was discussed before, and then the person who suggested it (who was an idiot anyway), got flamed.

BUT, I have to agree with you, although we could avoid shutting it down completely. Instead of having a Non-aviation forum, it could have categories where there is a strict basis (ie. The aviation photography forum), so the only things can be discussed are under that topic, and are least likely to have stupid topics/replies or create flame wars (don't often see flame wars in the av hobby, photo request or trip report forums).

I don't know what the sub-categories would be though...

I do agree that this forum is just getting beyond a joke, it was bad before when Johan considered multiple things that involved changing this forum, but I see this an ever increasing possibility. The Maturity of this forum has gone from not much to absolutely nothing. And it also seems that some of the main offenders (claim) not to be of the youngest agegroup (21-25 and 26-35).

Regards

Dan

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:14 am

I think shutting down Non-Aviation might be a bit extreme. However, I could get on without it.

Jaspike

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:14 am

There is another solution...I know Johan hasn't got the time, but if he or someone else could constantly monitor the non-av forum for a day or two and find out who is causing the trouble, then they could be deleted.
Especially the people who made Aloha 737-200 go away. They're like bullies at a school.

Josh

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:21 am

Jaspike,

Alright 80% was maybe a bit exagerating, but it's not a lot lower, anyways.

You suggest me that if I don't like it I shouldn't come. But the problem is that I like to come, I open up a topic that I beleive will interest me, I read the main topic and 2 post below moron start to throw flames at each other, ruining completely the topic. All I'm trying to say is that all this "don't like it, don't read it" or "don't like it, don't come here" makes no sense at all.

Nico

Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:21 am

I think we pretty much know who the troublemakers are. Although I don't think they know who they are or they're in denial.

764ER

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:27 am

Yeah, in another thread, some people called me an asshole.  Crying What is this world coming to?

They were the same people who chastised me for saying something about someone else's post.  Sad I don't think they realize they are hypocrites.  Sad The biggest problem is the extreme overreactions to everything... this topic being one of those overreactions.

iwareboy

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:29 am

Who the do you guys think you are? Someone’s friend gets their feelings hurt, so lets close the forum! Great! Why doesn't Johan just install a filter to keep all you friggin drama queens off the message board. Look how ridiculous you are Nico, you complain about the content of the board, while using a curse word in the FIRST sentence. Please guys, feel free to delete yourself like Aloha and by all means goto an online poetry website or something!

-Sean  Pissed

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:31 am

Can't take much critism 764? You must be very grateful that the internet is such an anonimous place, I don't think you would have said those things to Aloha if this conversation took place over a table in the real world but you feel superior because you can hide behind your screen. What a shame.

mls515

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:38 am

Also, I don't think Aloha would have mushed up his predicament at a conversation that took place over a table in the real world. Maybe at a poetry or writing contest, but not in the real world.

764ER

Can't understand much sarcasm, huh Nicolaki?

LMAO at your analysis, though. If he handed me a sheet with that crap on it, I'd be saying the same thing. But you're right, the Internet is full of pussies. Look at yourself.

Jaspike

I think everyone needs to read this again..
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/rules.main?confirm=no

Josh

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:39 am

Flame wars? I LIKE flame wars! Big grin

No but seriously, I don't think we should shut down the whole forum, we should take it upon ourselves as PEOPLE to start being nicer to each other, more compassionate, and accept others ideas. This forum is not THAT bad, there are just some points we need to work on.

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:41 am

I got some sarcasm for Nicolaki. How about we just close down your airliners.net account instead of the non-av forum?

Jaspike

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:42 am

If this Aloha thing didn't happen, this post wouldn't be here right now. I've just looked through some of the topics, and they seem alright. Small arguments should be allowed - forums are for debating and saying your opinions.

Josh

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:43 am

Hey good idea KROC...

Jaspike

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:45 am

KROC - he just deleted himself.

Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:46 am

Saloth. Still in denial huh?

Perhaps, but it's only a reaction to some people's behavior here. KROC, we all know you're innocent and a model citizen in this here forum, right? ...right. Never bullying anyone, nor insulting people, right? ...right. As long as it's in good fun (your fun) anything and everything goes, right? ...right. Wasn't Hoffa just having fun, right? ...right.  Yeah sure

I didn't even reply to your post on the Aloha thread because I was brought to tears, or was that laughter, by your sincerity towards Aloha737-200. What a decent man you are!  Yeah sure

Jaspike

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:47 am

So that's 2 users in the last couple of days who have gone...it's a shame it isn't the naughty ones who are deleting themselves - no I don't mean you KROC, you were being sarcastic...

Josh

EGGD

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:49 am

hhmm, looks like its another 'victory' for the forum, Nicolaki just deleted himself.

Jaspike

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:51 am

Username: Jaspike
Posted 2002-02-24 17:45:56 and read 12 times.
KROC - he just deleted himself.

He meaning Nicolaki Big thumbs up

Josh

EGGD

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:53 am

Yeah, I didn't know he had until you said that. Nicolaki was a cool person, shame he had to resort to this...

Jaspike

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:55 am

To be honest, I'd never heard of him so I clicked on his profile, and he had gone. How long had he been a member?

Josh

764ER

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:55 am

Ah well. I guess the forums didn't mean that much to him anyway...

Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:58 am

Man, people are pretty stupid to be deleting themselves over nothing. KROC clearly mentioned "SARCASM" in his post. It's not his fault if people cant read English...

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:02 am

Saloth. If you were brought to tears, it's because you you have no sense of reality. Yeah, I was sincere twords Aloha. But I was also realistic. Something you are definitely not.
Also, I never said I was a model citizen, but I don't Bully anyone. This is an INTERNET forum. I can't Bully you, Nickolacki or whatever his name used to be, or anyone. Saloth, you must go to school, and get messed with everyday, because you are stuck on this bullying thing. Guess what chumpstain. I am not bullying you anywhere, nor do I bully people hear, because you just can't. Maybe you need to take karate or something, so you don't get beat down at school everyday.

seven_fifty7

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:07 am

I dunno about Nickolaki and Aloha, but I'd NEVER let any self-righteous, know-it-all, pompous jackasses with multiple identities run me away from the forums.

They'd get enough of me first.

Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:08 am

I am not bullying you anywhere, nor do I bully people hear(sic)...

NOW, THAT'S BIG TIME DENIAL!  Big thumbs up

I rest my case...
 Big grin

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:08 am

LOL Big grin  Laugh out loud

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:11 am

Solath. He made a suggestion. I made a suggestion. Me, sitting in front of my computer in Rochester NY, saying maybe he should go, has no bearing on what he does. Just like I have no bearing on you Solath. Or SEVEN_FIFTY7, or anyone else.

SEVEN. Is that post directed towards me?

American_4275

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:14 am

Nicolaki was pretty damn selfish. He has the nerve to recommend shutting down the forums because he doesnt have enough will power to stay away from them. And when he participates in them, he finds the content to be childish. Therefore, to fit Nicolaki's needs, we should shut down the forum so he doesn't get that sudden urge.

Give me a damn break.  Insane

American_4275

iwareboy

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:21 am

Another one bits the dust!!! I love it!! All you other whiners, please delete yourselves too!!!

-Sean

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:29 am

LOL  Big thumbs up

American_4275

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:29 am

Yes I agree with Iwareboy..."Another One Bites The Dust" is hilarious.

Big thumbs up

Saloth Sar

RE: Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:38 am

KROC, see what you've done? You've spawned little KROC jrs. in Leftseat86 and 764er.

Leftseat86, I've seen your picture and no, I don't think you're a bully unless it's Steve Urkel you're bullying.  Big grin

au revoir...

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:39 am

Thanks KROC for making Nicolaki go. He was one of the rather good posters. AT least he used the general aviation forum as well and contributed to good conversations.

RE: Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:40 am

Don't diss Steve Erkel, Erkel's the man  Big grin

go canada!

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:40 am

close it, it has become a hot bed of argument, putting race agaianst race and religion against religion.

its full of too many people thinking they know it all.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:45 am

KROC you know what I mean by saying "you made him go". The comment was just not necessary. And just for the record, you are nobody to me either.

Back to the topic, as this is an aviation website I also don't see the need for a non_aviation forum. Ok, I helps to get to know a bit more about fellow users but it used to be way better when there was no non_av forum.

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:47 am

B737-700. My comment was as "necessary" as the thread to close the non-av forum. He offered a suggestion. I offered one in sarcasm. No seriousness involved. He took it how he did. That is not my fault. He was just trying to leave with a bang.

seven_fifty7

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:49 am

KROC, was what referring to you? I never considered you a "know-it-all, pompous jackass." (I agree with you most of the time).

No, my post was in reference to something Nickolaki brought up in his opener.

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:51 am

Okay SEVEN_FIFTY7. Wasn't ure if that was a shot on me. If it was, I was just trying to figure out where it cme from. It's all good!  Big thumbs up

Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:52 am

Tomorrow is Monday. Back to getting bullied at school for you.

Huh? I deal with bullies everyday. I give them detentions or suspend them...and I get paid for it too!  Big thumbs up

KROC

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:57 am

Now Saloth. You are being cool here. Even busting out with a joke or two. Yet if I joke, I am a bully. How does that work homeslice?

Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:58 am

Sloth.. You a kidnergarten teacher?

jgore

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:06 am

Nicolaki, before this non-aviation forum is over, be sure that your membership will be terminated before, that's for sure.

jgore  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Saloth Sar

Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:07 am

6th grade. However, the way kids nowadays behave I may as well be a kindergarten teacher.

...like us here in A.net.  Big grin