Alpha 1
Topic Author

March Madness!

Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:07 am

Have the day off today so that I can indulge in one of my favorite diversions-college basketball tournaments! I'm headed to Gund Arena in Cleveland for the Quarter Finals of the Mid American Conference basketball tournament. I've been there the last two years, and seen some of the most fantastic basketball I have ever seen. Of couse, it helps when your Alma Mater is involved.  Big thumbs up

Anyone else going a conference tournament, or to the NCAA tournament?

RE: March Madness!

Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:39 am

I was beginning to wonder when someone would post about March Madness!  Big thumbs up

I won't be getting to any games, unfortunately ... but how about some predictions from you, Alpha 1, or anyone else.

Obvious Final 4 choices could be Maryland, Duke, Kansas -- unless of one or more of these teams decides ot to show up for a Sweet 16 game or something -- and, I like Gonzaga this year. But, who will the "surprise" be this year? Will a team like Memphis make it into the spotlight? or will a big name like Duke falter early? Will the PAC-10 put 4 teams in the Sweet 16? is Oregon a Final 4 team?

Any thoughts?

RE: March Madness!

Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:08 am

Wolf! Pack! Wolf! Pack!
But seriously, I think Maryland has a chance to take it all if they can get by Duke again in the ACC tourny. I gotta agree w/ you, Heeder, Gonzaga is a very underrated team. My predictions for the Final 4: Maryland, Duke, Cincinatti, and my upset special Marquette... (Don't know how that matches up with regions in the tournament, but...)  Smile