PanAm747
Topic Author

Why The Concerts In Parliament?

Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:51 am

Why is a Parliament guy (I don't know the term) trying to get Alicia Keyes to perform there?

Next thing you know KISS will play #10 Downey Street.

Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

blink182

RE: Why The Concerts In Parliament?

Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:12 am

KISS playing at Buckingham Palace... that's gotta be a sight. Better yet, move it to Green Park so more people can see it Big grin

This is all fun and games about KISS  Smile

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

GDB

Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:29 am

The youngest MP in the house is David Lammy, the Labour member for Tottenham in North London. He's about 27-29 years old.
He's bright, an inner-city success story, (a difficult upbringing in a rough area who became a successful lawyer).
He also seems to have showbiz friends, like Alicia Keys, at least one TV personality has also been in a relationship with him.
He invited Alicia Keys to play the concert, apparently he's concerned that many younger voters are put off by Parliament, and of course it's publicity for him too!
He's one of the few Black MP's in the house, and is being tipped as a rising star.

PanAm747
Topic Author

Tue Mar 19, 2002 3:46 am

There is a 25 year-old Representative in Congress in the USA.

I think MTV's "Rock the Vote" is a good way to get kids interested in politics.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!