Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:57 am

Arab Terrorist Kills 2, Wounds 87 In Jerusalem today

Israeli recent actions:
-Army pulls out of West Bank and Gaza cities
-Israelis meet with US envoy on talks for ceasefire
-After first suicide bombing killing è Israel does not retaliate

Arab recent Actions:
-Suicide Bombing kills 7 on Hadera bus
-Arafats FATAH kills 2 in Jerusalem today.

Partner for peace ehh?

TNNH (in Paris)

Skyteam

Tnnh

Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:01 am

Ya, Thats pretty low of the damn Palestenians. Israel wants peace, However I dont see the Palestenians striving for peace.

Hope ya enjoy Paris,
SKYTEAM

heavymetal

RE: Palestinians Bomb Jerusalem Today

Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:03 am

The Japs were big into suicide attacks too.

I don't seem to recall it did them much good either.

wardialer

Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:54 pm

It takes alot of dedication and certainly alot of guts to blow yourself up or to commit such attacks. I could just imagin myself putting just an M-80 firecracker in my mouth and lightin it.
 Insane

N400QX

Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:31 pm

This just pisses me off... everyone whines and whines and whines about the Israeli army being soooooo oppressive and mean and violent and the cause of all the violence.

Where are these freaks when the Israelis have pulled out and the terror attacks not only continue, but escalate?!

It's simple--
• The Palestinians don't want peace.
• Arafat cannot be trusted.
• If this was really about politics, it could be solved much easier. This isn't about politics. This is about the total destruction of the State of Israel.
• They will not stop until the State of Israel is destroyed.

Maybe if we keep saying this enough, people will wake up and see what is really going on here.

Pissed

When will it end?!

שלום

Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:22 am

Among the 3 people killed in this bombing was a young couple.

She was 29, he was 35.

They had two daughters, aged 3 and 7.

She was five months pregnant.

Stratofish

Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:24 am

I agree these attacks are not only to be condemned (as they always are) but also very counterproductive.
But bear in mind that over the last view months the Israeli have killed far more Palestinian Innocents than the other way arround. So, as regretable every single live lost is, it is a small number of victims and there is no need to overemphasize them. And I will go on repeating it as long as necessary: Arafat has no power/control over his ppl left. Thanx to...

So now us thinking ppl have made it from "dogooders" to "freaks"...? I see...
The Metro might be the Sub(optimal)way

Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:04 am

Oh, I didn't know there were CIA and Mossad secret agents on this forums...even "repeating" their top-secret findings...

The terror cell behind this bloody attack is affiliated with Arafat's Fatah.
But how easy and comforting to "repeat" that Arafat "has no power/control over his ppl"

OO-AOG

Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:26 am

Once again, Sharon is doing it all wrong.
Israel need to be a step ahead and concentrate on diplomacy, you can't stop deseperate people. And then, maybe, the Palestinians will stop their horrible crimes or at least reduce their frequency.
Falcon....like a limo but with wings

tbar220

Sat Mar 23, 2002 3:20 am

OO-AOG,

No matter what Sharon does, he's doing it all wrong, right?

Ok, look at what happened over the last three days, and you tell me what he did wrong.

Day one, they sit down and are talking, trying to figure out a truce or a cease fire. A suicide bomber blows himself up, killing seven and injuring thirty on a bus near Hadera. Many of the injured were Israeli Arabs, showing they don't care who they attack. Sharon responds by saying he won't retaliate, and that the talks will continue. The bomber was from Islamic Jihad.

Day two, they sit down and are talking, trying to figure out a truce or a cease fire. A suicide bomber blows himself up in a downtown Jerusalem shopping area, killing three and injuring forty. Sharon calls an emergency security council meeting. He said there will be no immediate retaliation, but there might be action down the line. The bomber was linked to Yassir Arafat's Fatah movement.

Day three, a suicide bomber blows himself up at an Israeli army surprise checkpoint, after he was stopped on his way to commit another attack inside Israel. Sharon calls off talks, and Zinni and Cheney have stern words for Arafat. Bush places Al Aqsa Brigade on the list of foreign terrorist entities.

Now you tell me once where Sharon went wrong in his actions of the last three days. What the hell are you supposed to do? I'd say that in diplomacy, the situation is quite simple. You cannot talk peace with a leader who is blowing up your civilians. And yes, I hold Arafat responsible for this, since it is his groups that are carrying out these attacks.
NO URLS in signature

Stratofish

Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:44 am

Even Rome wasn´t buit in 3 days. And that third day attack was kind of legitimate since it was not on Israeli soil (afaik).

Maybe Sharon should have DONE something and not just talked about it. Like complete withdrawal of his forces for starters.

Let´s hope we´ll see a violence free weekend...for starters.
The Metro might be the Sub(optimal)way

LY744

Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:58 am

"But bear in mind that over the last view months the Israeli have killed far more Palestinian Innocents than the other way arround."

Yeah, a few more years of this and the Israelis will finally even the score...  Insane

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

N400QX

Sat Mar 23, 2002 8:41 am

Thankfully no innocents were killed today, but this is the THIRD terrorist bombing in as many days and I'm about fed up.

From the Jerusalem Post:

"An IDF unit had set up mobile roadblock and stopped a suspicious-looking car containing three Palestinian men. When the soldiers ordered the car's occupants to get out, one of the Palestinians detonated an explosive belt he was wearing, killing himself and wounding the officer. The other two Palestinians escaped on foot in the confusion of the blast.

"Security sources said the soldiers had averted what was probably intended to be a major terrorist attack.

"On the Egyptian border this afternoon, Palestinian gunmen fired shots and threw grenades at soldiers. There were no IDF casualties."

>Let´s hope we´ll see a violence free weekend...for starters

Unfortunately it won't happen as long as the Palestinians are able to get into Jerusalem or Haifa or wherever the cowards decide to blow up innocent civilians. My guess is at least two significant attacks on the Sabbath.  Sad  Sad

Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:41 am

Haaretz, 23 March

21:03
Jerusalem police on high alert for possible potential terror attack in capital (Israel Radio)

Daily life in Israel today...

20:55
NY Times: U.S., Israel think Arafat has new Iranian alliance giving him heavy weapons, millions in funding (Haaretz)

The peaceful future Arafat is peparing for Israel tomorrow...

TWAL1011

Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:59 am

I could just imagin myself putting just an M-80 firecracker in my mouth and lightin it.

Are you considering that? I think you maybe spend a little too much time playing Doom.