godbless

Copyright Of Magazines

Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:02 pm

Confused I wanted to add some information to my website which I got from an airliner magazine (Aircraft).
What I wanted to take and add is the dates of airshows since they have a very detailed list of all shows from around the globe. And I thought that since airshows are not anything that a magazine can put their copyright on... I could take them and use the data for my site. Or is it enough already that they looked all of them up to justify their copyright?  Confused

I hope to get positive news so you can have a look and see to what show you can go  Big thumbs up
But if that isn't legal then.... sorry  Sad

Max

Illini_152

RE: Copyright Of Magazines

Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:35 am

Well, since you've gotten no response, here's my take. Keep in mind, I'm not a lawyer, or have any legal training whatsoever, besides defending myself in traffic court, and watching "Law and Order" and "JAG".  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

The dates for airshows is public record and the dates are not copyrighted. If there are announcements that follow, that might be. But there's nothign wrong with using the data from that in a website. Now if you just scan the page and put it in, thats another matter.

Happy contrails - I support B747Skipper and Jetguy

godbless

Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:44 am

Thank you,
You've helped my conscience.

I'll add them soon and if they feel bothered they can always let me know...

Max

trickijedi

Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:25 pm

I'm sure the show's organizers would be happy to hear that you are promoting their shows. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!