AMSMAN
Topic Author

What Is It With All The Members And Nothing....

Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:46 pm

I've noticed that everyday I log onto A.Net there's some new members (somewhere near 10,300 now) but yet it always seams to be the same people that participate in the forum and actually post messages!! Its the same with the A.Net/Chat every time I log onto chat there's never more than 20 users out of a whopping 10,000??? I know members are stretched from every corner of the globe here but I'm sure there's more than 20 users in The Netherlands never mind the world?

Come on guys if everyone were to post some messages then we would have some real interesting discussions going!!!

AMSMAN
Aer Lingus, Proud to be Irish.

NZ767

RE: What Is It With All The Members And Nothing....

Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:54 pm

Some of the new ones may not know the forums even exist or else they've joined purely for the photos and news etc.
When I joined, being a computer novice, I didn't even know what the forums were.
I just looked at all the pics and searched for information on various aircraft until one day I got bored and started exploring.
I decided to see what this "forum" thing was all about, and now I'm hooked.
Hardly look at the pics anymore!! Big grin
And I agree with you; the more the merrier!

Mike (NZWN)  Smile

LH423

Sat Mar 30, 2002 12:33 am

You don't even have to register to look at the pictures. I think a lot of those people may just be ones that are only interested in gaining the occasional fact or asking a question. Really, I think there are only a few hundred true "hard-liners" (like myself), the ones who try and come on many times a week.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

174thfwff

Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:08 am

Think about this...

Charlie Bishop, the kid who crashed the Cessna into the highrise in Tampa had over 10 user names. I am sure this is the case with many other forum members back in the day. They had 1,2,3,4... user names. I bet if people deleted there old user names, then it would drop by 1,000 I bet.

-174th
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

Sonic

Sat Mar 30, 2002 4:04 am

Yes, and that deletion should be done one day. In all forums admins could see the usernames. In most they could also see number of posts made by usernames. I seen that in one forum admin just deleted all nicks, which were registered more than a year ago and still unused. It was like three quarters of all users! I believe in a.net it is the same.

KAL_LM

Sat Mar 30, 2002 4:46 am

Or it's just that we don't have much to add to the discussion. I used to just lurk around reading, because I didn't have a whole lot to say...mostly still don't, but that's ok.

Just my 2 bits,
Tom
is that a light at the end of the tunnel or just a train?