ly772

Attack In My Home City - I Was There On Tuesday!

Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:42 pm

Matza Restaurant, in Haifa near the Grand Kenyon is now gone. I was at this restaurant on Tuesday and as of 14:45 Israeli time on Sunday, a Palestinian exploded inside the restaurant.

Atleast 12 dead, over 45 injured.

ly772

RE: Attack In My Home City - I Was There On Tuesday!

Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:47 pm

Here's some more news from my memory:

1 - The owners of this restaurants are Israeli-Arabs that are Christians.

2 - This restaurant has a grocery store near it (5 m) and a gas station (20m), not to mention the popular mall "Grand Kenyon" (100m)

ly772

Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:52 pm

Mon Apr 01, 2002 3:33 am

THEY WERE NON JEWISH ISRAELI ARABS.

WELL DONE HAMAS.

Mon Apr 01, 2002 4:30 am

This is auful! When will this stop. Can't they just leave Israel alone. This is ridculous.

Take Care,
National_757

Fly National Airlines!

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Adrian falconer

Mon Apr 01, 2002 4:40 am

I do not know enough about this conflict, but isn't Hamas bad?

yyz717

Mon Apr 01, 2002 5:03 am

It's high time that Israel retaliated....in a serious way.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

N400QX

Mon Apr 01, 2002 5:14 am

Hmm.... yeah, HAMAS is kinda bad. HAMAS is the Islamic Resistance Movement-- started back in 1987 as the Palestinian arm of Muslim Brotherhood, with a goal of a Palestinian State in place of Israel. It's Izz el-Din al-Qassam Brigades conduct many suicide attacks against Israel and receives funding from Palestine, Iran, private funding from Saudi Arabia and other Arab states.

It's bad. Evil, really.

tbar220

Mon Apr 01, 2002 5:19 am

Yes, Hamas is a terrorist organization funded by the Arab world. Their stated goal is the destruction of Israel, not the creation of a Palestinian state.

When I see images like these, I get sick, and upset.

Now, imagine sitting in a restaurant, and suddenly a person explodes and the above happens. Can you imagine that? Bet you cant. I sure as hell cant. Its a frightening thought.
NO URLS in signature

RoyalDutch

Mon Apr 01, 2002 6:14 am

I don't know how anybody has the nerve to say that Israel should be less agressive...Hamas is purpousefully targetting civilians...they aren't even trying for military targets. As far as I am concerned that is one cowardly method of warfare...and I hope the IDF takes 'em out. All of them. I am ashamed that the US is not supporting Israel in this fully.

Skyway1

Mon Apr 01, 2002 6:58 am

I guess my post about PA members distributing pamphlets urging suicide bombers was deleted.(hopefully I'm not illussioning something) FoxNews Jerusalem correspondent Jennifer Griffin reported that a grassroots group linked to Arafat is distributing these pamphlets urging attacks on Americans and American interests in the middle east. Now these terrorists are going to attack Americans as well. These terrorists need to be stopped.

Regards
Chris
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo

Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:13 am

Hamas is the definition of EVIL and all in the name of ISLAM.

and Muslims wonder why the west portrays them in a negative light recently.

NO ARAB MUSLIM LEADER HAS TAKEN ANY STEPS TO DISMANTLE HAMAS' FINANCING AND TRAINING INFRASTRUCTURE AND MOST SUPPORT IT.

THIS IS NOT RESISTANCE, THIS IS NARCISITIC HATE OF CIVILIZATION.

THESE SCUM HATE ISRAEL AND THE JEWS MORE THAN THEY LOVE LIFE OR THEIR FAMILIES

TNNH

Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:13 am

THIS IS BIN LADENISM.

777236ER

Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:15 am

It seems like you hate palestians too. Not saying that you don't have cause, but it doesn't help matters
Your bone's got a little machine

tbar220

Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:38 am

What a deep and meaningful post 777. Perhaps you should understand a little better what TNNH said. He didn't say he hates Palestinians. He said he hates Hamas, he hates the terrorists.
NO URLS in signature

go canada!

Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:16 am

777 doesnt do deep and meaningful, he managed to upset every british member on here by slagging off the queen mother
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

777236ER

Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:19 am

Oh, it definatly had an all-Arab undertone there.

Go Canada: Thanks for that!! Has enough time past for me to slagg her off even more?
Your bone's got a little machine

9A-CRO
Crew

Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:30 am

I get the feeling that if you want to stop a peace process in Israel all you have to do is to get a bomb and an idiot who will detonate it on himself
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...

go canada!

Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:38 am

it has an undertone of saddness and anger that when israel sues for peace and withdraws from the palestinian terrorities as requested, the bombers continue, even on passover weekend.

it has a undertone of anger, anger that some people cant accept that the death of innocent civilains on purpose is a dreadful act.

and no you cant slagg off the queen mother, show some respect, clearly you are jealous of her but dont be disrespectful.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

racko

Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:04 am

and Muslims wonder why the west portrays them in a negative light recently

And Americans wonder why America is hated by so many people and why people fly planes into their houses.

The terrorist attacks are bad, very bad. They kill innocent people who just want to eat something in a restaurant. But the Israelian Army, commanded by Mr. Sharon (who provoked the current so called intifada) is as bad, when they kill palestinian civilians who just want to survive. 2/3 of the people who died in this
war were palestinians.

What do you think, palestinians are evil ? They are suicide bombers by birth ? No, they aren't. This hate grows because they are suppressed by the Israelis. One of the suicide bombers some weeks ago lost 2 brothers, 1 sister and his parents, they were killed by the israelian army.

Just imagine you lost your whole family in the WTC. What would you do with an Al Kaida Member standing in front of you ? Kill him, or make peace with him ?

Ariel Sharon has been elected by the Israelis as their leader, after he started this war.

The Israelis are guilty to 50%, the Palestinians too.

LY744

Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:37 am

"Mr. Sharon (who provoked the current so called intifada)"

Yeah, right.

"2/3 of the people who died in this
war were palestinians."

Like I said before, a few more years of this kind of conflict, and the Israelis will finally even the score.

"Ariel Sharon has been elected by the Israelis as their leader, after he started this war."

The Israelis elected Sharon after the war started, period.

Don't believe everything the Palestinians are trying to feed you, Racko. Sharon's dumb actions were a convinient excuse but most certainly not the cause for the bloody uprising.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

Nik

Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:39 am

Racko, that was a great post. Neither side in this conflict is innocent.

Staffan

Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:45 am

Racko, these extremists sure have a strange way to show that they want peace...
If they went for military targets it would be one thing, but what is the point of only going after civilians??

racko

Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:54 am

Staffan, of course the real extremists are bad. They kill civilians, and there is no apology for that. But there isn't a apology for many of the military actions from the israelian army, too.

Both sides ain't innocent, Nik has nailed it.

But just saying the palestinians are wrong, evil and don't want peace is simply wrong. They just want freedom and a normal life. They want the same as the Israelis, and the same as (nearly) all other people in the world want.

Staffan

Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:24 am

What has annoyed me is that after every attack there has been some "retaliation", like shelling some Palestinian area for a few hours, for what good????
It's not until these last days the Israelis have done what should have been done a long time ago, really take action, and I hope they don't stop here, because then it will be the same in a few weeks again.

What will happen if/when the Palestinians get their own state? I wouldn't be very comfortable to have a neighbour who hated me more than anything else, and rather see me dead than alive, slowly building up an army. Will the next step be the removal of Israel?
The rest of the worlds trust for the Palestinians isn't exactly growing.

I'm just wondering...

Alpha 1

Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:09 am

And Americans wonder why America is hated by so many people and why people fly planes into their houses.

Gee, Racko, I think they do so because they're below standards of human beings, and because the HATE Americans for the fact we've built ourselves into a great country. Any other reason, and in my book, you're giving tacit approval to what they did.

But the Israelian Army, commanded by Mr. Sharon (who provoked the current so called intifada) is as bad, when they kill palestinian civilians who just want to survive. 2/3 of the people who died in this
war were palestinians.

It's the Israeli Army, not Israelian, but I get the drift. And why is it that one side is more "bad" becuase the death toll on the other side is higher? Yet it seems the Palestinians are dying in smaller numbers in a give attack, while the Israelis die 15/20 at a time-and guess what? The number of Israeli is going way up. But that doesn't make one side more "bad" than the other.

The Israelis are guilty to 50%, the Palestinians too.

I don't believe it's 50/50. More like 70/30, with the higher guilt to the Palestinians. Israel should have stopped the building of settlements a long time ago-that was pure stupidity. But the PA had a golden chance to form a Palestinian State 2 years ago, and blew it, and have done NOTHING but add more fuel to the fire as the terrorism has escalated.